Use the drop-down boxes above to navigate through the Website  
Return to Reasoning List

Here is a link to this page:
http://www.jah-rastafari.com/forum/message-view.asp?message_group=3577&start_row=11

The holy water and sand

1 - 1011 - 20
Time Zone: EST (New York, Toronto)
Messenger: Ten Sent: 6/16/2009 3:54:47 PM

Blessings

Yes as the I them say, it is in Jah in whom I n I put our faith and through His powers we are strengthened. Water, sand and all these things are simply tools, vehicles for the Most High's work. Just as a spirit can embody flesh, Jah use other things to to do His work, but the holiness comes upon that thing because Jah manifests. But having an object/person is not a pre-condition for something to occur as the passage quoted by Ras KebreAB shows. Its the power of the Most High which supercedes all things.

Ras I Tom whether Jah tools are internal or external to the body does not make one believe in Jah power; its up to the faith of that person which determines what is "enough". Do you think Moses said to Jah no this is not Jah work when he saw the burning bush? Do you think he said I must look "to the source of all sources" before he overed this was a sign from the Most High? Jah speaks in many tones and through many things everyday and it is for I n I to see, listen and act upon Jah word.

Selassie I Liveth

Messenger: SunofMan Sent: 6/16/2009 5:44:35 PM

Ras I Tom, I and I are individuals still and my answers are not blanket statements, what works for I is I experience, I cannot speak for every body, but I will give my opinions and the I can tell me if it's helpful or not.

Is the I saying that we cannot depend solely on the external human example?

The hammer doesn't pound the nail all by itself, we are given the tools, taught how to use them, but it is up to I and I to work.

Does the I think that we can fully depend on the human example at all?

We are humans, so what can we do but manifest the human example. The example is the Haile Selassie I, He is all that We as humans could ever be, what else could we fully depend on but our fullest potential.

Or is the human example solely a means of inspiration, as is Holy Water the external inspiration which leads to the manifestation of the faith which results in the healing?

The example is an inspiration to some, to others it is something that they cannot bear but to give their life's work unto its manifestation. As for the water, the inspiration may just be providing enough strength for that instance, it is their faith in a temporary item that makes the strength useful only for a time.

Can inspiration sustain us? Do you think that external inspiration gives enough spiritual food to sustain the spirit?

Inspiration is not the sustainer, whatever One gets from it must be manifested in order to sustain One's Irits. I don't look at His Majesty's picture on the wall, pray to it and imagine that He will physically come and save me because I have faith in H.I.M.. My own sense is that One must have total faith that His Majesty's example is perfect, and total faith that they will do their very best to tirelessly strive to manifest the example within, and faith that they are capable. If One doesn't trust themSelf I don't know how they will progress.

Shouldn't we look to the source of all sources? Shouldn't we look first to Jah, then to external inspiration?

I'm not saying we shouldn't, but many find this very difficult. The way society is today I think the vast majority find themSelves to be conditioned to look out rather than in (initially that is), I think this has gone on for a very long time and I don't know of an example where any society or culture has immediately taught a complete reliance on the inner Self. We a privileged to have the benefit to look to our ancestors and ancients for the wisdom and strength they allow us to tap into. I owe my entirety to the blessing bestowed upon I by His Majesty Haile Selassie I.

If we look first for inspiration through external examples that Jah privdes, then what happens if these external inspirations are no longer available?

His Majesty is eternal, I'm not sure that I overs...

Selam

Messenger: Ras I-Tom Sent: 6/16/2009 7:38:06 PM

Blessed love.

Empress Ten, I did not mean that we should not look to the external examples. I meant that rather than Moses putting his faith in the burning bush, Moses put his faith in the souce of the burning bush, and that is Jah. An external example may be a source of inspiration, but I think that rather than looking to that source first, we should rather look to the source of that source first. Just as I sight that the holy water is an inspiration for people to manifest the faith within themselves that Jah can heal them, and so they should look first to Jah, then to the holy water as His tool.

What I am basically saying is that it makes more sence to look to the builder first, and look to his tools as exactly that; tools. A man may be an inspiration to us, but as the end of the day a man is just a tool in the hand of the builder. (I am not talking about The Almighty Christos incarnated in flesh, I am talking about man.)

For example we can see His Majesty I within many ones, we can see His Majesty I example and principles within the life of many ones...but should we look to the person who follows His Majesty example to know who Haile Selassie I is in the fullness? Or is it not logical to first look to His Majesty to know this?

SunofMan, give thanks for your reply. It was helpful.

----------
I'm not saying we shouldn't, but many find this very difficult. The way society is today I think the vast majority find themSelves to be conditioned to look out rather than in (initially that is), I think this has gone on for a very long time and I don't know of an example where any society or culture has immediately taught a complete reliance on the inner Self. We a privileged to have the benefit to look to our ancestors and ancients for the wisdom and strength they allow us to tap into. I owe my entirety to the blessing bestowed upon I by His Majesty Haile Selassie I.
-----------

Does the I think that we have to look out in order to look in? For example, as Empress Ten used the example of Moses and the burning bush. Jah manifested Himself to Moses through the burning bush, the burning bush is the revealed aspect of Jah, if Jah does not reveal himself then how do we know him?

So when I talk about putting the source of all sources first I talk about putting that which revealed it's self, through whatever means, first.

I sight that there is an aspect of the Almighty that is not revealed, and this aspect we will never come to know. (how can we know what is not revealed to us?) However we still have an understanding of who the Almighty is through his revealed aspect.
But without Jah revealing himself we would not know him. So I would sight that one cannot simply look within.

Give thanks.
Selam.

Messenger: Ten Sent: 6/16/2009 8:06:05 PM

Blessings

I over what the I meant. Now the I went on to say "if Jah does not reveal Himself then how do we know Him". The I must always remember that Jah is ALWAYS there, He is Omnipresent, the Creator of All Things so Jah always is IverPresent, IverLiving. It is for those who heed Jah call who know that Jah is Iverpresent; as I said before Jah speak in many ways of many things and it's whether we hear and see His divine ways. Just as the burning bush was a sign to Moses, for you or I it could be something else - for example in the post Messenger of Jah, Ark I met an old man who had a special air to him and when this man spoke to Ark I of battles of the mind, at that point Ark I overed some things the body must not consume although in the past he had not heeded Jah call yet there MIGHT have been other ways Jah showed Him the same truth. Jah always reveal HisSelf to Ones; never will there be a day He does not.

Selah

Messenger: Ras I-Tom Sent: 6/16/2009 8:37:45 PM

Yes I, the I is right, Jah is always revealing himself to I and I. That is how we know Jah, because he has chosen to reveal himself to I and I. I was not saying that he does not reveal himself, but if Jah did not reveal himself then how would I and I know him? If Jah did not call Abraham out of babylon then how would Abraham have come to know Jah? Jah IS. I sight that we cannot come to know Jah unless Jah reveals himself to us. How can we (who have a beginning and an end) come to know the Almighty who is without beginning and without end, unparalelled and uncomprehendable perfection, unless the Almighty chooses to reveal himself to us?

Blessed.

Messenger: Ten Sent: 6/16/2009 9:23:37 PM

If the I agrees that Jah is always revealing HimSelf and is the IverPresenT; how is it that the I can ask what if Jah did not reveal HimSelf or say something like Jah chooses to reveal HimSelf? Its contradictory and doesn't make sense, Jah Is; no choosing, nothing abt not being revealed.
"Trust in the Lord Jah, lean not upon your own understanding. In all YOUR ways acknowledge Him and He will make your paths straight" (Prov 3 v 5-6)

Perhaps its the phrasing of the I's question that seems to I we will keep going round in circles. I'm not presuming to know but maybe the I meant ask if there are things Jah does not reveal to us at a specific time, how do we know? Because not everything is revealed at once; all comes in Jah time and we must know there is reason and purpose why things are the ay they are.

Or perhaps the I wanted to ask if we did not see Jah's revelation to us, then how would we know Jah? Then we remain spiritually blind until the Third Eye has been opened and trod TafarI way.

Jah Is

Messenger: SunofMan Sent: 6/17/2009 7:47:50 AM

Does the I think that we have to look out in order to look in? For example, as Empress Ten used the example of Moses and the burning bush. Jah manifested Himself to Moses through the burning bush, the burning bush is the revealed aspect of Jah, if Jah does not reveal himself then how do we know him?

I know I had to look out in order to look in, that's for sure, and I've yet to know of anyOne who hasn't. I was making the point that some only look out, without ever searching within. As I said before, His Majesty is eternal, He's revealed as soon as We open our eyes...

Selam

Messenger: Ras I-Tom Sent: 6/17/2009 8:08:07 AM

Ten, what I am trying to say is that Jah calls us to him, we do not call him to us. He reveals himself to us. The revelation of the Almighty is how we know him. When I said 'if Jah did not reveal himself...' I was saying this to make the point that we only know Jah because he chooses to reveal himself to us. I also was saying this to make the point that there is an aspect of the Almighty that we cannot comprehend, that which is not revealed. That which we cannot comprehend. We are the creation, we can never comprehend the fullness of what is eternal, absolute, timeless, omnipotent, unparallelled and uncomprehendable perfection; that which is our Creator. The Creator reveals what he wants to us, and this revelation is a gift. Just because the Creator reveals himself to us does not mean that all will see the light either. He calls us, and it is up to us to open our eyes and see the light, or to continue to live in darkness.

Blessed.

Messenger: Ten Sent: 6/17/2009 6:28:41 PM

Greetings

So the I is saying if JAH never called us to HIM then how would we know there was JAH?
But again I'm confused as to why that's even a question if we know Jah is Iverliving and Iverpresent in ALL things at ALL times. If we SighT this basic Truth then this is how we must think; why think negatively when one is on the path to Glory?
And even considering this question in the context of all this; when does the Father never call us? If we are Children of the Most High and Jah loves us so much He gave life and made us "a little lower than the Ingels"; when, why or how would He not called us yet we are His Beloved Children?
Many are called but few are Chosen because the road is long and heavy and only the strong in faith stand firm. Not everyone heeds JAH call and not everyone follows through so if He never called us, maybe we never heard His Majesty calling.
As for looking inward or outward; in both circumstances its JahSign as with Moses again there is the bush and there also the many Visions he recieved from Jah as a Prophet. Jah spoke to Moses as he wrote the first books in the Ible and as he led the children of Israel - you could call those internal signs if you like because it was the Spirit directly guiding Him not through a medium like a burning bush or parted seas.

Selam

Messenger: Jah Bird Sent: 6/19/2009 1:48:09 PM

SonofMAN, the i wrote

"As I said before, His Majesty is eternal, He's revealed as soon as We open our eyes..."

i think that is the answer, and also as soon as we seek wisdom and knowledge He reveals HIMSELF no dought.
Ras I Tom I can overs the I 's question..i feel a little dought thier. Please this is no judgement or what not, but i get that vibe.
Faith is faith, Jah will reveal HIMSELF when i and i are faithfull completly, in everyway possible and impossible.

Empress Ten ..word sound and power.
givethanks for all the responds on I question.

1 - 1011 - 20

Return to Reasoning List

RastafarI

Haile Selassie I