Use the drop-down boxes above to navigate through the Website  
Return to Reasoning List

Here is a link to this page:
http://www.jah-rastafari.com/forum/message-view.asp?message_group=3570&start_row=11

The Messenger Jah Sent

1 - 1011 - 18
Time Zone: EST (New York, Toronto)
Messenger: SunofMan Sent: 6/16/2009 3:44:22 PM

True...it would be wonderful to hear more about it...motivation, experiences, who told the history to the I and even the approximate time period and or travel route. No doubt it's personal information, I'd feel no way if the I kept it that way too, and give thanks for even putting it out there in the first place.

Selam

Messenger: Ras KebreAB Sent: 6/17/2009 10:21:34 PM

Blessed Ises

Yes i, this is certainly personal, but since i feel i am amongst family............

Well, let me first say that i dont know as much about i great grandfathers trod as i would like to. As i said, it is an oral history in i family that i used to hear as a child, and unfortunately, i have not been back home in a long while, so i have not had a chance to really reason with the elders about this matter.

So, as far as i know....my great grandfather seems to be a man who had one foot in the iritical world and one in what would be called the material world. Not material in the sense of money or anything like that but just in the sense of the worldly things in life.
Still, he is always referred to as a Kiddus or blessed man.

His motivation.....He already had a family , but it seems he had made a vow. I am not certain of his exact vow, but it involved making the trod to Jerusalem.
His destination in Jerusalem was Debre Sultan, the Ethiopian Monastery of the Holy Sepulchur, and his aim was to become a monk there.

He is said to have travelled, on barefeet, through Eritrea, up the river Nile, through the desert into Egypt and then across into Palestine.

After reaching there and spending some time however, he was adviced by the monks there that even though he had made a vow, his heart was still with his family back home. Moreover, he was adviced that he had a greater responsibility towards his family, and therefore, he finally left and made the trod back to Ethiopia.

As for the approximate time......well......my grandfather will be a hundred in less than a years time, and that was his father, so you can guess the time roughly. I would say towards the later half of the 1800s

Yes, thats about as much as i know at present.

Give thanks
Rastafari

Messenger: Ark I Sent: 6/17/2009 10:29:31 PM

Blessed,

It is nice to hear such things.

It is good for I and I to site the roots that I and I come from. RasTafarI people often find many mystical things in their history.

Messenger: SunofMan Sent: 6/18/2009 7:42:13 AM

Betam Amesegnallo!!!

That was beautiful and a joy to read...give thanks for sharing...

Selam

Messenger: Ras I-Tom Sent: 6/18/2009 9:17:11 AM

Give thanks Ras Kebre! It was a joy to read indeed. Thanks for sharing!

Selam.

Messenger: Ras KebreAB Sent: 6/18/2009 11:52:46 AM

It is a pleasure and an honor

Holy I Selassie I Jah Rastafari

Messenger: Ten Sent: 6/18/2009 1:16:34 PM

Give thanks for sharing a very InSpiRaTional story, Ras KebreAB. it shows great will and strength. Does the I know how long did it take for him to go on this journey? It's made I think of the one trod I have always promised ISelf I would go on but there have always been various obstacles in the way - circumstances yes, but the promise to fulfill is still there. Give thanks for the Reminder that all things are possible.
Blessed Love

Messenger: Ras KebreAB Sent: 6/20/2009 3:19:44 AM

Blessed I sistren Ten, i had not seen your question.

Sorry but no, i dont know how long the journey took him.

It would be too inquisitive of i to ask you of the trod that you want to make, so i wont ask, although if you felt like sharing, i would be happy to hear it.
I will just pray that Jah give the i the strength and courage to overcome all barriers and obstacles so that the i can fulfill thy wish to make your trod

" Unless humanity reverts to the time honored values which have enabled past generations to overcome with courage the adversities they had encountered in their daily lives, we shall not only be failing ourselves but posterity as well. In order to advance in our respective undertakings and set ourselves on the right path we have to learn and draw abundantly from the great spiritual heritage which our fathers and forefathers have bequeathed to us. This can give us strength and a sense of continuity which are essential for progress and development. Learning and profound knowledge nurture noble character and impart wisdom." HIM

Blessed Sabbath
Holy I Selassie I Jah Rastafari King Alpha Queen Omega

1 - 1011 - 18

Return to Reasoning List

RastafarI

Haile Selassie I