Use the drop-down boxes above to navigate through the Website  
Return to Reasoning List

Here is a link to this page:
http://www.jah-rastafari.com/forum/message-view.asp?message_group=3537&start_row=1

Absolute Inner Calm

1 - 1011 - 19
Time Zone: EST (New York, Toronto)
Messenger: Ark I Sent: 5/20/2009 11:31:39 PM

Selassie I say,

When He sacrificed himself at Golgotha for the atonement of our sin, He prayed with His last breath for the forgiveness of those who had tortured Him saying, 'Father, forgive them for they know not what they do'.

Shame on those of us who are Christians and do not follow the way of the Savior of the World, whose life was filled with kindness, humility, and martyrdom! If we lived by the laws he gave us and were worthy of being called Christian, peace would have reigned on this earth.

Men were supposed to be the equals of the living angels who unceasingly sang praises before the eternal God. Had this been so, peoples of the world would not have been divided along lines of enmity.

Shame on those of us who are Christians and do not follow the way of the Savior of the World, whose life was filled with kindness, humility, and martyrdom! If we lived by the laws he gave us and were worthy of being called Christian, peace would have reigned on this earth.

That is the atonement, and that is the sacrifice. The atonement comes from joining the Most High and making the Most High your rudder, and Selassie I will guide your every path, and every work a person does. Living the Laws that Christ taught I and I. That is also Christ's sacrifice, because teaching I and I those things is why they crucified Him, and He knew that they would do that, but he taught I and I anyway.

Look at what RasTafarI said about who is worthy to be called Christian. It is those who live by Christ Laws, and Christ was detailed about what His Laws are. Those that follow the way of the Saviour of the World.

In another reasoning Ras Power said:
------------------------
...you speak of salvation as something you work for. salvation is a gift for believing. not believing as to say i believe but to as the i say live that changed life. we do good works not to be saved but because we are saved. dont put the horse before the cart.
------------------------

The horse and cart thing you talk about is the same separation minded way that I spoke about when I said.

-------------------------
Sometimes I wonder why I even bother when I know that separation mind will never Iverstand Oneness. They will always look at Oneness as a separation.

When they speak of oneness, it is some kind of partial oneness that is full of separation. And if somebody else (who doesn't have the separation mentality) talks about Oneness with the Creator, they will look at the person as a blasphemer. And the reason they do that is because of their separation mind, they interpret the person as someone who wants to be as Great or as High as God, as a separate entity that wants to be equal to God.

They will never Iverstand that it is not about being a separate entity that is equal to God, but it is to join with God and be One with no separation.
-------------------------

There is no cart before the horse, or horse before the cart. Selassie I is One, there is no one thing before another. It is One that is All, no separation.

About the rest of what the I said in that quote.

Selassie I show I and I

Knowing that material and spiritual progress are essential to man, we must ceaselessly work for the equal attainment of both. Only then shall we be able to acquire that absolute inner calm so necessary to our well-being. Whenever conflict arises between material and spiritual values, the conscience plays an important role and anyone who suffers from a guilty conscience is never really free from this problem until he makes peace with himself and his conscience.

Don't think material is only about possessions or food, it is also about the things we physically do. And look at what Selassie I say,

we must ceaselessly work for the equal attainment of both

Selassie I know that I and I will not achieve this by waiting for some miracle to make I and I pure, but instead I and I must work without resting to attain it.

I also Love this

Only then shall we be able to acquire that absolute inner calm so necessary to our well-being.

What is absolute? It means free from imperfection; complete; perfect.

Isn't absolute inner calm what people speak about when they speak of Enlightenment.

So it is said, so it shall be.

I don't claim perfection this day, but I will never cease until my Irits, thoughts and actions are Perfect and One with Selassie I.

Messenger: Ras power Sent: 5/21/2009 3:10:47 AM

rasta, now they did not kill Christ for teaching ini the truth, that is what the religious leaders wanted

And they began to accuse him, saying, We found this fellow perverting the nation, and forbidding to give tribute to Caesar, saying that he himself is Christ a King.( luke 23v2)

that was the accusation against him

Rome did not kill for religion, but for a threat against their society, there were many religious fractions and decent.

atonement, you wrote of Adam and there sin in a next post, aftre they sined the only reason they did not die was because jah clothed them in skins, i think is lamb skins, indicating the death of the lamb which was done in the holly of hollies,

not john said behold the lamb of God, what was his purpose, his death is the atonement, don't matter what they killed him for.

When He sacrificed himself at Golgotha for the atonement of our sin

you speak speak about oneness with jah, but don't seem to know where it come from. we are only able to obtain oneness by the death of Christ, it is for that purpose the lamb came before the Lion.

we inherit sin, and man cannot redeem himself, so jah from the beginning plan to redeem that he created with his hand, for every thing else he ordered it by word.

you speak of material which man can do without for it bears not part in salvation, spiritual yes, but still it can be a hindrance when it make people proud and not humble and there for both can be seen as vanity.( just thinking loud) in this day when poverty can cause people to sin we need it. but most of all all that is needed is love and charity.

surely works have no addition or subtraction to salvation, it is the gift of jah to them that believe. while some may do all the good they can do without love but for reward or good name.

as a son of jah good works are the fruit. the horse and cart, it appropriate because we seem to think we equal with jah,( are we brought up to meet him or is he brought down to meet us) and works can save us. far from that, it terms of our part to salvation

Jesus answered and said unto them, This is the work of God, that ye believe on him whom he hath sent.
John 6:28-30

don't think material is only about possessions or food, it is also about the things we physically do. it can also be seen as spiritual

seeing we can get the mark of the beast on our hand symbolizing work, and we can only get the seal of jah in our head, the mark of the beast can be received in the head and hand.

blessed love rasta

Messenger: Yaa Asantewa Sent: 5/21/2009 7:37:34 AM

LOL.

If Jesus was around now and posting on this forum, Ras Power would be CUSSING him out! Saying... you can't say you're god!!!!!!!!!

I can't believe where Ark I has pasted a previous comment from him talking about works, and then now he is coming in the other thread saying that works is irrelevant... and salvation is about getting a reward for simply believing.

So, what of all the Christ in the world now who do impeccable works of HIM, but do not "believe" HIM to be the fulfillment? Does Haile Selassie I seem like the person who will refuse them salvation? They must KNOW more than they realise because as in the beginning we are made in HIM image... those remaining following HIM image are cool. Get it?

Ras Tafari works really is ceaseless as Ark I has put it. Works on ourSelves. Works for our gates. Works for our families. Works for our gatherings. Works towards freedom, redemption, repatriation; Black Christ Monarchy blueprint. Garvey works; UNIA order. I mean, we're all here... busy busy busy... and then ras power.

yes one ras power. give thanks, yeh.

Messenger: Ras I-Tom Sent: 5/21/2009 10:15:35 AM

We all fall short of the glory, and always have since Adam and Eve fell from oneness. Eversince then I and I have had to offer sacrifices unto Jah so that we may be redeemed.

Yeshua sacrificed himself. He knew he would be crucified long before he was. This was His purpose. He bore I and I sins on the cross, as the ultimate sacrifice, so that I and I may be redeemed, and thus sacrifices are no longer relevant, because the ultimate sacrifice has been given for I and I. The lamb has been slain for I and I so that we may be redeemed, even though we fall short of the glory.

Jah so loved the world that he gave his only begotten son so that whosoever believe may have everlasting life.

I and I cannot save ourselves. I and I can only attain salvation through Yeshua.

However beleiving is not enough, as we do have to live according to the example which Yeshua set. We have to live according to the example His Majesty set.

Why do I live according to thse teachings? Because these are the teachings of the Son, who was given so that I and I may have salvation.

He is the water of life, when I and I drink from him we never thirst.

I dont know about the others, but I never met not heard of anyone who is perfect. Christ told us none is good, except the Father.

Our flesh is imperfect whether we like it or not. It is only through Yeshua that we may be resurrected and given our perfect bodies.

Selam. Igziabhier Yimesgen!

Messenger: Ark I Sent: 5/21/2009 10:34:59 AM

Ras I-Tom, the I said,
----------------
I dont know about the others, but I never met not heard of anyone who is perfect. Christ told us none is good, except the Father.
----------------

I know of at least two that are Perfect. Yeshua Christ and Haile Selassie I. And when Christ said that none is good, except the Father, it was when somebody called Him good.

Ras I-Tom, the I said,
----------------
Our flesh is imperfect whether we like it or not. It is only through Yeshua that we may be resurrected and given our perfect bodies.
----------------

If the I is talking about the physical problems people have like joint pain and other things, then maybe. But if the I is talking about the way we Live, then I will never have faith in such weakness. Here is something I reasoned before.

--------------------------
For man, it is impossible to be perfect, but for Jah, nothing is impossible. So if I and I have faith in Jah, Jah will make I and I ways perfect. It is true that everyone falls short of the glory of Jah, if I and I look around, I and I can see that this is true. But this is the state of the world now and in the past, it is not a limit for I and I in the future, or even right now if I and I faith is strong enough. I and I can be perfect in Jah way, I and I just have to listen to Jah. Why does the I think that Christ said "Be ye therefore perfect, even as your Father which is in heaven is perfect."

He didn't tell I and I to be perfect because it is impossible, but he told I and I to be so because it is truly possible. Here are some examples of scripture of Christ that tell I and I to be so:

Perfect Livity

And to I, the word try contains too much doubt. I don't try, but I do. And if I don't do now, I will blaze more fire, until I ways are made straight. If a man has faith that his ways will never be perfect, then this is truth, it is impossible for this man to be perfect, because he says so. But if a man has faith in Jah, that his ways will be perfect, then this is truth, and he will become perfect, because this is his faith. I can't say I am perfect right now, because my mind is still not completely One with Jah, so I my thoughts are not perfect. But I will never say that it is impossible, because I know that if I do, then I will make it truth and I will die in sin. And no sin shall not enter into Zion.

Look at the power of faith. Some people had faith that they would be healed if Christ touched them, and they were healed. Christ showed them that "your faith has healed you". Some people had faith that they would be healed if they only touched the clothes of Christ, and they were healed. And one man had faith that Christ could heal his servant from across the city, without even seeing the servant, and the servant was healed. Christ said of this man:

Luke 7
9 When Jesus heard these things, he marvelled at him, and turned him about, and said unto the people that followed him, I say unto you, I have not found so great faith, no, not in Israel.

With faith all things are possible, it is only through lack of faith that I and I limit ourself.

And I don't see Babylon dealing with perfection at all, they deal with wickedness. Babylon teaches that all we have to do is ask forgiveness, and we are free from sin, and accepted by Jah. But I and I must repent, and repent is not about asking for forgiveness, repent is about turning away from sin, to live a different way. This is the meaning of the word repent.

Trod toward Jah, and be One

Livity
--------------------------

Messenger: Ras power Sent: 5/21/2009 2:56:42 PM

yaa that is foolish talking, and even where i live people find i to direct to tell people they talk foolishness, but if it is, it is.

there are many Christ? what is this?

CHRIST means anointed one, who is the anointed one but, issus,(Jesus) and His Majesty.

O foolish Galatians, who hath bewitched you, that ye should not obey the truth, before whose eyes Jesus Christ hath been evidently set forth, crucified among you?

2This only would I learn of you, Received ye the Spirit by the works of the law, or by the hearing of faith?

3Are ye so foolish? having begun in the Spirit, are ye now made perfect by the flesh?

Even as Abraham believed God, and it was accounted to him for righteousness.

7Know ye therefore that they which are of faith, the same are the children of Abraham.

8And the scripture, foreseeing that God would justify the heathen through faith, preached before the gospel unto Abraham, saying, In thee shall all nations be blessed.

9So then they which be of faith are blessed with faithful Abraham.

0For as many as are of the works of the law are under the curse: for it is written, Cursed is every one that continueth not in all things which are written in the book of the law to do them.

11But that no man is justified by the law in the sight of God, it is evident: for, The just shall live by faith.

12And the law is not of faith: but, The man that doeth them shall live in them.

13Christ hath redeemed us from the curse of the law, being made a curse for us: for it is written, Cursed is every one that hangeth on a tree:

14That the blessing of Abraham might come on the Gentiles through Jesus Christ; that we might receive the promise of the Spirit through faith.

16Now to Abraham and his seed were the promises made. He saith not, And to seeds, as of many; but as of one, And to thy seed, which is Christ.

17And this I say, that the covenant, that was confirmed before of God in Christ, the law, which was four hundred and thirty years after, cannot disannul, that it should make the promise of none effect.

18For if the inheritance be of the law, it is no more of promise: but God gave it to Abraham by promise.

19Wherefore then serveth the law? It was added because of transgressions, till the seed should come to whom the promise was made; and it was ordained by angels in the hand of a mediator.

20Now a mediator is not a mediator of one, but God is one.

21Is the law then against the promises of God? God forbid: for if there had been a law given which could have given life, verily righteousness should have been by the law.

22But the scripture hath concluded all under sin, that the promise by faith of Jesus Christ might be given to them that believe.

23But before faith came, we were kept under the law, shut up unto the faith which should afterwards be revealed.

24Wherefore the law was our schoolmaster to bring us unto Christ, that we might be justified by faith.

25But after that faith is come, we are no longer under a schoolmaster.

26For ye are all the children of God by faith in Christ Jesus.

27For as many of you as have been baptized into Christ have put on Christ.

28There is neither Jew nor Greek, there is neither bond nor free, there is neither male nor female: for ye are all one in Christ Jesus.

29And if ye be Christ's, then are ye Abraham's seed, and heirs according to the promise.( gala 3)

What shall we say then that Abraham our father, as pertaining to the flesh, hath found?

2For if Abraham were justified by works, he hath whereof to glory; but not before God.

3For what saith the scripture? Abraham believed God, and it was counted unto him for righteousness.

4Now to him that worketh is the reward not reckoned of grace, but of debt.

5But to him that worketh not, but believeth on him that justifieth the ungodly, his faith is counted for righteousness.

6Even as David also describeth the blessedness of the man, unto whom God imputeth righteousness without works,

7Saying, Blessed are they whose iniquities are forgiven, and whose sins are covered.

8Blessed is the man to whom the Lord will not impute sin.

or the promise, that he should be the heir of the world, was not to Abraham, or to his seed, through the law, but through the righteousness of faith.

14For if they which are of the law be heirs, faith is made void, and the promise made of none effect:

15Because the law worketh wrath: for where no law is, there is no transgression.

16Therefore it is of faith, that it might be by grace; to the end the promise might be sure to all the seed; not to that only which is of the law, but to that also which is of the faith of Abraham; who is the father of us all,

17(As it is written, I have made thee a father of many nations,) before him whom he believed, even God, who quickeneth the dead, and calleth those things which be not as though they were.

18Who against hope believed in hope, that he might become the father of many nations, according to that which was spoken, So shall thy seed be.

19And being not weak in faith, he considered not his own body now dead, when he was about an hundred years old, neither yet the deadness of Sarah's womb:

20He staggered not at the promise of God through unbelief; but was strong in faith, giving glory to God;

21And being fully persuaded that, what he had promised, he was able also to perform.

22And therefore it was imputed to him for righteousness.

23Now it was not written for his sake alone, that it was imputed to him;

24But for us also, to whom it shall be imputed, if we believe on him that raised up Jesus our Lord from the dead;

25Who was delivered for our offences, and was raised again for our justification.( roman 4)

AND YES ALL INI NEED TO DO IS BELIEVE, FUNNY ISN'T IT JAH DESIRE NOTHING FROM US BUT TO BELIEVE AND WORSHIP HIM, KEEP HIS SABBATH.

THE I SAY WORK, WORK, WORK, AND WANT TO TELL I, I DON'T KNOW GOD.

JAH CALL INI TO REST, REST IN HIS LOVE, ALL HAS BEEN PREPARED FROM THE BEGINNING,

IMAGINE THE ALL MIGHTY CAME, HUMBLED HIMSELF AND DIED FOR US, WHAT MORE CAN INI ADD TO THAT, INI SACRIFICE IS TO PREPARE OUR BODIES FOR HIM, AS LIVING SACRIFICE

Messenger: Ras power Sent: 5/21/2009 3:24:33 PM

YAA, I KNOW ALL ABOUT CHRIST, ONE CHRIST,

5If ye love me, keep my commandments.

16And I will pray the Father, and he shall give you another Comforter, that he may abide with you for ever;

17Even the Spirit of truth; whom the world cannot receive, because it seeth him not, neither knoweth him: but ye know him; for he dwelleth with you, and shall be in you.

18I will not leave you comfortless: I will come to you.

19Yet a little while, and the world seeth me no more; but ye see me: because I live, ye shall live also.

20At that day ye shall know that I am in my Father, and ye in me, and I in you.

21He that hath my commandments, and keepeth them, he it is that loveth me: and he that loveth me shall be loved of my Father, and I will love him, and will manifest myself to him.(JOHN 14)

14For as many as are led by the Spirit of God, they are the sons of God( ROM)

6This I say then, Walk in the Spirit, and ye shall not fulfil the lust of the flesh.

17For the flesh lusteth against the Spirit, and the Spirit against the flesh: and these are contrary the one to the other: so that ye cannot do the things that ye would.

18But if ye be led of the Spirit, ye are not under the law.

19Now the works of the flesh are manifest, which are these; Adultery, fornication, uncleanness, lasciviousness,

20Idolatry, witchcraft, hatred, variance, emulations, wrath, strife, seditions, heresies,

21Envyings, murders, drunkenness, revellings, and such like: of the which I tell you before, as I have also told you in time past, that they which do such things shall not inherit the kingdom of God.

22But the fruit of the Spirit is love, joy, peace, longsuffering, gentleness, goodness, faith,

23Meekness, temperance: against such there is no law.

24And they that are Christ's have crucified the flesh with the affections and lusts.

25If we live in the Spirit, let us also walk in the Spirit.

26Let us not be desirous of vain glory, provoking one another, envying one another. (GALA)

Tell me, ye that desire to be under the law, do ye not hear the law?

22For it is written, that Abraham had two sons, the one by a bondmaid, the other by a freewoman.

23But he who was of the bondwoman was born after the flesh; but he of the freewoman was by promise.

24Which things are an allegory: for these are the two covenants; the one from the mount Sinai, which gendereth to bondage, which is Agar.

25For this Agar is mount Sinai in Arabia, and answereth to Jerusalem which now is, and is in bondage with her children.

26But Jerusalem which is above is free, which is the mother of us all.

27For it is written, Rejoice, thou barren that bearest not; break forth and cry, thou that travailest not: for the desolate hath many more children than she which hath an husband.

28Now we, brethren, as Isaac was, are the children of promise.

29But as then he that was born after the flesh persecuted him that was born after the Spirit, even so it is now.

30Nevertheless what saith the scripture? Cast out the bondwoman and her son: for the son of the bondwoman shall not be heir with the son of the freewoman.

31So then, brethren, we are not children of the bondwoman, but of the free.(GALA 4)

Who are Israelites; to whom pertaineth the adoption, and the glory, and the covenants, and the giving of the law, and the service of God, and the promises;

5Whose are the fathers, and of whom as concerning the flesh Christ came, who is over all, God blessed for ever. Amen.

6Not as though the word of God hath taken none effect. For they are not all Israel, which are of Israel:

7Neither, because they are the seed of Abraham, are they all children: but, In Isaac shall thy seed be called.

8That is, They which are the children of the flesh, these are not the children of God: but the children of the promise are counted for the seed.

9For this is the word of promise, At this time will I come, and Sarah shall have a son.

10And not only this; but when Rebecca also had conceived by one, even by our father Isaac;

11(For the children being not yet born, neither having done any good or evil, that the purpose of God according to election might stand, not of works, but of him that calleth;)

12It was said unto her, The elder shall serve the younger.

13As it is written, Jacob have I loved, but Esau have I hated.

14What shall we say then? Is there unrighteousness with God? God forbid.

15For he saith to Moses, I will have mercy on whom I will have mercy, and I will have compassion on whom I will have compassion.

16So then it is not of him that willeth, nor of him that runneth, but of God that sheweth mercy.

17For the scripture saith unto Pharaoh, Even for this same purpose have I raised thee up, that I might shew my power in thee, and that my name might be declared throughout all the earth.

18Therefore hath he mercy on whom he will have mercy, and whom he will he hardeneth.

19Thou wilt say then unto me, Why doth he yet find fault? For who hath resisted his will?

20Nay but, O man, who art thou that repliest against God? Shall the thing formed say to him that formed it, Why hast thou made me thus?

21Hath not the potter power over the clay, of the same lump to make one vessel unto honour, and another unto dishonour?

22What if God, willing to shew his wrath, and to make his power known, endured with much longsuffering the vessels of wrath fitted to destruction:

23And that he might make known the riches of his glory on the vessels of mercy, which he had afore prepared unto glory,

24Even us, whom he hath called, not of the Jews only, but also of the Gentiles?

25As he saith also in Osee, I will call them my people, which were not my people; and her beloved, which was not beloved.

26And it shall come to pass, that in the place where it was said unto them, Ye are not my people; there shall they be called the children of the living God.

27Esaias also crieth concerning Israel, Though the number of the children of Israel be as the sand of the sea, a remnant shall be saved:

28For he will finish the work, and cut it short in righteousness: because a short work will the Lord make upon the earth.

29And as Esaias said before, Except the Lord of Sabaoth had left us a seed, we had been as Sodoma, and been made like unto Gomorrha.

30What shall we say then? That the Gentiles, which followed not after righteousness, have attained to righteousness, even the righteousness which is of faith.

31But Israel, which followed after the law of righteousness, hath not attained to the law of righteousness.

32Wherefore? Because they sought it not by faith, but as it were by the works of the law. For they stumbled at that stumblingstone;

33As it is written, Behold, I lay in Sion a stumblingstone and rock of offence: and whosoever believeth on him shall not be ashamed.( ROM 9)

ALL THAT I HAVE READ SAY TO I BELIEVE. NOTHING MORE, NOTHING LESS

AND TO ACCEPT THAT TRUTH, RECEIVING THAT FREEDOM, WILL TAKE INI A LONG WAY FORWARD,

For he is not a Jew, which is one outwardly; neither is that circumcision, which is outward in the flesh:

29But he is a Jew, which is one inwardly; and circumcision is that of the heart, in the spirit, and not in the letter; whose praise is not of men, but of God.( ROM 2)

BLESSED LOVE

Messenger: Ark I Sent: 5/21/2009 3:27:27 PM

As I already pointed out, I am not the only One that knows that I and I must work, and One of the other Ones is greater than all.

Selassie I say

Knowing that material and spiritual progress are essential to man, we must ceaselessly work for the equal attainment of both. Only then shall we be able to acquire that absolute inner calm so necessary to our well-being. Whenever conflict arises between material and spiritual values, the conscience plays an important role and anyone who suffers from a guilty conscience is never really free from this problem until he makes peace with himself and his conscience.

And in regards to all your posts from Paul.

You see what I mean about how much time I waste from people like you. You ignore what I am saying and only pick out the parts that are useful for your argument, while leaving out the context of those parts, or even completely misrepresenting the part. I am not saying that we are saved by the works that we do. I am saying that if we work to come closer to Jah, then I and I will Live closer to Jah in I and I Irits, and therefore, I and I works will reflect who I and I are on the inside.

Anybody who claims they are "saved", but their works are not Righteousness, then they are a liar and are not saved at all, but are living an illusion. What is on the inside must come out. And all who are saved have the Irits of Right within them, so what comes out of them is Righteousness, and every single One of their works will be Righteousness.

Here is something I showed from Paul that shows that even though on the surface, it sounds like Paul is saying that works are not necessary, what he is actually saying is that if a person believes they can perform works to save themself, without making sure their Irits are also in Right, then they are fooling themself. And if somebody believes that their Irits are in Right, but don't Live in Righteousness, then they are believing an illusion and are a slave to sin, and so they will die in sin.

---------------------------------------
...he spends so much time sounding like he is saying that we are not required to live perfect, but are supposed to just repent and Christ will save us for our sins. And for only a couple of sentences he shows that the grace he is talking about doesn't make void the law (Law of Jah, not law of man), but the law is established.

Romans 3
31 Do we then make void the law through faith? God forbid: yea, we establish the law.

Some don't consider what he said above or the other things that he said to show the reality of righteousness, because they are so few in Paul's words. But some people do remember these words, but still don't require themselves to live in Jah way, they think that it will just happen one day when they die. But if people consider the words of Christ and read these words of Paul with Christ's teachings in mind, they will see the Truth. There is no law against righteousness, and if I and I are guided by Jah, then it is impossible to sin, so the law is of no effect for I and I. So by our choice, and the strength of Jah, I and I ways will be made perfect, because Jah will only guide I and I in perfection.

Galatians 5
13For, brethren, ye have been called unto liberty; only use not liberty for an occasion to the flesh, but by love serve one another.

14For all the law is fulfilled in one word, even in this; Thou shalt love thy neighbour as thyself.

15But if ye bite and devour one another, take heed that ye be not consumed one of another.

16This I say then, Walk in the Spirit, and ye shall not fulfil the lust of the flesh.

I see this as saying when I and I walk in Jah Spirit, we will not sin

17For the flesh lusteth against the Spirit, and the Spirit against the flesh: and these are contrary the one to the other: so that ye cannot do the things that ye would.

18But if ye be led of the Spirit, ye are not under the law.

So when I and I are led by the Spirit, I and I are not under the law because I and I are only walking in righteousness, because Jah Spirit would never guide I and I towards wickedness

Here are the works that are not of the Spirit. Laws do exist against these works, because they are sin

19Now the works of the flesh are manifest, which are these; Adultery, fornication, uncleanness, lasciviousness,

20Idolatry, witchcraft, hatred, variance, emulations, wrath, strife, seditions, heresies,

21Envyings, murders, drunkenness, revellings, and such like: of the which I tell you before, as I have also told you in time past, that they which do such things shall not inherit the kingdom of God.

The works of the flesh, which is called sin, include those things written above. It is not just the "big" sins like murder and others, but it also includes hatred, wrath, strife, envyings, drunkenness and revellings. So those that claim they are walking in the Spirit are only truly walking in the Spirit if they don't do these things. Otherwise, the most they could be doing is only partially walking in the Spirit.

Here are the fruits of the Spirit, which is called righteousness. No laws exist that are against these actions, so they are not under the law.

22But the fruit of the Spirit is love, joy, peace, longsuffering, gentleness, goodness, faith,

23Meekness, temperance: against such there is no law.

24And they that are Christ's have crucified the flesh with the affections and lusts.

So Christians have crucified the sinful part of theirself, and only walk in righteousness, because that is the only way Jah Spirit guides.

25If we live in the Spirit, let us also walk in the Spirit.

---------------------------------------

Messenger: Ark I Sent: 5/21/2009 3:59:39 PM

And in regards to this,
---------------------
---------------------

Have you not read the words of Yeshua? He talks about believing in Him, but he also on many occasions talks about how we must Live. Did you ignore those parts of His words?

Have you not read these words of Selassie I that I posted many times, including on this reasoning. Does He not talk about doing more than just believing?

When He sacrificed himself at Golgotha for the atonement of our sin, He prayed with His last breath for the forgiveness of those who had tortured Him saying, 'Father, forgive them for they know not what they do'.

Men were supposed to be the equals of the living angels who unceasingly sang praises before the eternal God. Had this been so, peoples of the world would not have been divided along lines of enmity.

Ras Power, I am sick and tired of dealing with you. For you to make a statement like that, saying:
---------------------
---------------------

Even after seeing I post those words of Selassie I a few times on this reasoning, you still make a statement like that. And I bet I can find many other Teachings from Selassie I that show that I and I have to do more than just believe. I should have stopped wasting I time with you a long time ago.

You read Selassie I words the same way you read people's words on this forum, ignoring much of what he says.

I know I can't just ignore what you say on this forum, because it might give the appearence that I agree with you. But I really can't stand your crap anymore. I am tired of repeating the same thing over and over again, even in the same reasoning topic.

I am tired of this wasted time and energy on the vanity of vanities you bring. Your time is done.

Messenger: Ras I-Tom Sent: 5/21/2009 5:08:35 PM

Blessed love Ark I.

I was not referring to the Christ when I said I do not know of any who are perfect.

I am not saying that we cannot attain perfection, because only perfection can pass through Zion gates.

I just have never met or know of any ones other than Christ who are perfect.

Does the I think that we can attain perfection in this iwa? Or is it a matter of striving, and eventually obtaining at the final resurrection?

Selam.

1 - 1011 - 19

Return to Reasoning List

RastafarI

Haile Selassie I