Use the drop-down boxes above to navigate through the Website  
Return to Reasoning List

Here is a link to this page:
http://www.jah-rastafari.com/forum/message-view.asp?message_group=3536&start_row=11

Leonard Howell....honorable? Ras Tafari?

1 - 1011 - 15
Time Zone: EST (New York, Toronto)
Messenger: Fikre Jahnhoi Sent: 6/24/2010 5:55:29 AM

"you all remember reading in the Acts of the Apostles how Philip baptized the Ethiopian official. He is the first Ethiopian on record to have followed Christ"

When the Father a speak, listen carefully

He is the first Ethiopian ON RECORD to have followed Christ"

Messenger: Ark I Sent: 6/24/2010 10:54:26 PM

Yes I, it is the same with many things, the first person on record usually comes a while after others who have done the same off record.

Messenger: Ark I Sent: 6/24/2010 11:00:39 PM

I read this part again from the first post.

--------------------------
(6) acknowledging Emperor Haile Selassie as the Supreme Being and only ruler of Black people.

“The love shown by our God to mankind should constrain all of us who are followers and disciples of Christ, to do all in our power to see to it that the message of salvation is carried to those of our fellows for whom Christ our Savior was sacrificed but who have not had the benefit of hearing the good news.”
-QHS

"No doubt you all remember reading in the Acts of the Apostles how Philip baptized the Ethiopian official. He is the first Ethiopian on record to have followed Christ, and from that day onwards the Word of God has continued to grow in the hearts of Ethiopians.”
-QHS
--------------------------

What point was the person who originally wrote that trying to make? Those quotes in no way make any contradiction to Realizing that Selassie I is the Almighty.

Messenger: Danel Sent: 7/1/2010 6:47:08 PM

@ Ras-I-Tom

(quote)
"What I ask Iself is did Leonard Howell really have access or hear His Majesty words, because a lot of what he says goes against His teachings. I get the vibe that he just spoke his own mind, and attributed it to His Majesty...which I can't agree with."
(end quote)

I hear some Rastas say the same words that you say, and I know alot of Rastas who agree with your reasoning. However how did Leonard Howell's words contradict with the teachings of his majesty? I have studied all of HIM's speeches, and I have never found any contradiciton between the father of the Rastafarian movement, and Rastafari HIMself.

Okay maybe this could be what is confusing you. You may be trying to say that Selassie I preached love, and Howell preached hate?

If this is what you are saying, then that is not true. Howell did not preach hate. Howell preached liberation. Selassie I also preached liberation and complete freedom of Africa and Africans in diaspora.

The difference between Howell and say a KKK member, is that the KKK have never been oppressed. The KKK have never been slaves, and the KKK have never been lynched from trees.

Here is a test to see if the white man love us as much as we say that we love him. Look if a thief steals your wallet and tells you to be his friend would not make any real sence. In order for us to be friends, you have to give me my wallet back. As being cherokee myself, how can the white man be friends with me, and he is not willing to give me my land back?

It is easy for the white man to spread love, once he owns everything. Before I can even begin to let bygons be bygons, I first want what the white man took from me. Leonard Howell wanted the same thing. What's wrong with that?

Messenger: Ark I Sent: 7/5/2010 12:03:17 AM

Danel, you said,
-------------------------
As being cherokee myself, how can the white man be friends with me, and he is not willing to give me my land back?
-------------------------

Remember that not every white man is the descendant of those that took your land, so it is not every white man's power to give it back because it isn't in their possession.

1 - 1011 - 15

Return to Reasoning List

RastafarI

Haile Selassie I