Use the drop-down boxes above to navigate through the Website  
Return to Reasoning List

Here is a link to this page:
http://www.jah-rastafari.com/forum/message-view.asp?message_group=3523&start_row=11

Spiritual and material

1 - 1011 - 13
Time Zone: EST (New York, Toronto)
Messenger: SunofMan Sent: 5/12/2009 7:41:17 AM

Greetings...

Makes I think of ancient KMT, as a society where Ones materialism was in most cases directly tied into their spirituality. Unfortunately the modern world is lacking in the holistic society department, and Ones have removed their materialistic sides from spirituality.

I like what Ras KebreAB is putting on the table...gives me some things to ponder...

Is today's society so materialistic that we needn't focus on building it for a while until individual's, and later society's, irits are on par? Or do we work on deconstructing aspects of society that have become so materialistic (start with the youth) and work on building our irits individually, and later collectively?

What aspects of materialsim do Ones think His Majesty is referring to?

Even the sages have their tools...hmmm...I like that...so maybe its materials that help fulfill our spiritual needs.

Give Thanks...
Selam

Messenger: Yaa Asantewa Sent: 5/12/2009 7:55:35 AM

Blessed Love...

Yes I... I apprecilove the reasoning too. I like that we have quickly gotten onto the point of considering one-ness.

Some of us are considering the question of balance as relating to that achievable within our own one temple. Some of us are questioning the notion of balance as His Majesty is speaking of as relating to global societal balance.

In the first instance we are asking ourselves about spiritual and material sufficiency... which is definitely what His Majesty is speaking of. I think his main point here is about the human fact of spiritual and material need, things that cannot be denied of man in satisfactory and sufficient proportion. Even the monk who renounces reliance on material world standards; he still has material needs which he absolutely has a right to have met. Equally the shopaholic that lives in million dollar NY penthouse and has been starved of access to tools of spiritual sustenance, and so probably self harms or sniffs coke... is equally entitled to the comfort of iritual meds... for their own better sense of human balance.

So His Majesty is talking about some of our basic human rights, probably natural law.

Removing it in the second instance from the individual's right to balance, there is the inclination towards the overriding sense of global balance... which we know is way off, due to inequality and the general war in Zion (fill in your own gaps).

Here is where my sight of the Trinity plays it's most significant part in my rems. Balance tends to be misunderstood as being as simplistic as the ying yang virtue. It is double sided... and likewise with the way Majesty puts it in talking of the material and spiritual, there is the double dimension. However these manifestations are in no way near as ordered. And in the manifestation of the material / spiritual elements, there are like infinite parts to balance.

So, this is where I think the question of oneness is most to be considered. There is the One that thee I is (one person), and then there is the sum of parts that make up One.

If we are the sum of parts, then this reasoning will relate to another recent thread regarding the works, the burst of the seals, and each individuals contribution to the re-establishment of balance.

Messenger: the rock Sent: 5/12/2009 12:11:00 PM

For along time i worked and worked , (in the labor field) and then my family and I went up north and I seat under trees that have lived a 1000 year, and I went on a spiritual walk,was like nothing i can describe.It tore myself and my family apart, it was the best thing that ever happen to me.Cuz now we are stronger.I have to find a balance.And I am still looking.

I give thanks for this post.

1 - 1011 - 13

Return to Reasoning List

RastafarI

Haile Selassie I