Use the drop-down boxes above to navigate through the Website  
Return to Reasoning List

Here is a link to this page:
http://www.jah-rastafari.com/forum/message-view.asp?message_group=3509&start_row=21

I was wondering

1 - 1011 - 2021 - 29
Time Zone: EST (New York, Toronto)
Messenger: the rock Sent: 5/5/2009 12:38:18 AM

Seen
Everyone got a part to play.

Messenger: RootsTafari Sent: 5/5/2009 6:27:44 AM

bless

Selassie I gave Man and Woman the dominion over all things in Creation, but we quickly went away from that, except for those from generation to generation who were set aside to perform those works. In these times, others outside of RasTafarI are forwarding their Spiritual support in this battle, but it is those that carry the name of the One who hath prevailed to open the book and to loose the seven seals thereof; who are bringing the Judgement that RasTafarI Haile Selassie I Loosed.

powerful word sound ark i! cho! on occassions you've been mentionin this; that we're to perform the works of i and i but i didn overs what you meant but refrained from askin. each time you talked about it i would go 'huh?' but when i read this it hit it right on. i get it now.

SELAH!

Honorable RootsTafarI Selassie

Messenger: SunofMan Sent: 5/6/2009 10:30:10 AM

Give thanks Ark I...I appreciate the Rasponse.

What the I is saying makes sense, especially in regards to the spiritual battle with Babylon.

I would be happy to see the I elaborate on the I's interpretation of this action:

"He Loosed the Seals and Opened the Books." What do Ones think this statement really means?

Also, my next query is in regards to how the spiritual battle is equated to Black liberation. I think many take the spiritual battle as One that encompasses all of humanity and others take it as a battle to liberate Africa. Now I certainly feel the liberation of Africa should be first and foremost, and it is paramount to winning the battle that will liberate the world. But where some hearts lie...does this make a Right and wrong, perhaps not. What I'm saying is, should a Rastafari have priorities in the battle, or go about fighting on all fronts. Perhaps it will just play out in Ones individual life circumstances.

Selam

Messenger: Yaa Asantewa Sent: 5/6/2009 5:12:41 PM

Do what u can see is in front of you to do. You cannot be expected to do anymore... that would be fallacy. Refer to the vatican for more on that.

Opened the books; the knowledge pours out. Those who have eyes and ears see and hear. R way is life and strength to perform.

Messenger: SunofMan Sent: 5/6/2009 5:48:16 PM

Give Thanks Yaa...

"Opened the books; the knowledge pours out. Those who have eyes and ears see and hear. R way is life and strength to perform."

I concur...and that statement is a good summary of how I've felt. Ark I, I'm wondering what the I thinks in regards to Yaa's statement being an accurate general description of performing the works of the seals. I'm not insinuating that Yaa even thought it was, maybe she does, but I did and I'm just speaking for I Self...

Selam

Messenger: Ark I Sent: 5/6/2009 11:41:33 PM

When Selassie I Opened the Book and Loosed the Seals, He started the Irits flowing to perform the actions mentioned of the Seals, for the purpose of removing babylon and Forwarding Creation to the Heights of One. All that was literal would Forward literally, and all that was symbolic would Forward according to what the symbol meant.

Those Irits flow throughout Creation and RasTafarI people follow the Irits that come. That is why I and I Rise up in the Irits and join the Irits of Selassie I and also the Elements of Creation Rise up and join the Irits. Through this Rising, the Irits stimulates the Irits, and the Strength Resonates within the Oneness and grows in Strength and Rises to the Level needed to accomplish the Judgements.

I can relate to the way Yaa said it. I don't know how she meant it, but the way I related to it is that Knowledge and Guidance is part of the Irits, giving instructions through the Irits to everything that Rises to it, and all that Rise to it Forward the Irits, passing the instructions through the Irits. In addition to Knowledge, the Irits are also Energy, Vibration, I-munication, Strength, Life, Inity and many other things.

SunofMan, in regards to the second part of your reasoning, I would say something similar to what the I said,
------------------------
Perhaps it will just play out in Ones individual life circumstances.
------------------------

I would only change circumstances to Trod. The Life Trod being the Trod RasTafarI Haile Selassie I set out for each One. When I and I Learn to Flow with the Irits, different Ones focus on the parts suited to their physical and mental abilities, and all Forward in Oneness. And all the while each One also puts I and I focus on the Iritual Rising to Chant, Iditate, and increase all the other Iritual capabilities I and I have. Different people have different amounts and variations of Iritual capabilities, from Prophesy, Iritual I-munication, Iritual Sensing, Influence on the Elements, to all the other Iritual Heights.

Another very Important thing that I and I must Sight and always remember, is that when I and I Chant together, and when I and I Chant with the Elements of Creation, I and I give Strength to each other, as was reasoning just before:
-------------------------
Through this Rising, the Irits stimulates the Irits, and the Strength Resonates within the Oneness and grows in Strength and Rises to the Level needed to accomplish the Judgements.
-------------------------

So when I and I chant and Iditate together, those that Influence the Elements have more Strength to do so, and all gain more Strength to do whatever combination of Iritual capabilities are in them, not just while chanting, but also afterwards, and all will also realize other capabilities in them that were too weak to notice before, and they will then be able to Rise up those Irits as well.

This is I experience with the Irits and Chanting Nyahbinghi with Ones and Ones and/or with the Elements of Creation. In the past decade or so, I have seen many people move farther away from these Irits, either through their doubt about the reality of the Iritual Strengths, or the day to day living distracting them from those parts of themselves. The doubt is worse than the distractions, but both have weakened Ones and Ones.

I have never had doubt about the Iritual Strength of I and I, but I had to catch Iself and turn Iself around, to build up the parts that became weakened through the distractions I allowed to take up time that was meant for the Irits, and I Itinue to build.

That being said, I must speak a warning about something that is also a weakness. I have seen the other side where people lose touch with the Reality of the Iritual Strength, and fool themselves into believing an imagined interpretation of events that is not the Reality of it.

I have witnessed several examples of this, but the one the stands out the most is several years ago an Idren and I were reasoning with a Sistren, she was sitting on a chair with a blanket, and the room was dark. She moved her hand across the blanket and light flickered where her hand moved across. She got all excited about the event and thought it was some kind of "magic". And when I explained to her that it was just static electricity, she refused to believe my observation, because she preferred to believe in "magic".

So I and I must be critical of our experiences and search them out in order to Sight what the True explanation is. I and I must have the right balance of scepticism so that I and I don't believe a lie, or ignore a Truth.

Messenger: SunofMan Sent: 5/10/2009 4:28:06 PM

Give Thanks...

Ark I, I appreciated the last post very much.

I agree with changing circumstances to trod, it is applicable. So Ones and Ones are on Individual journeys, for I Self there is the One that I'm on, which mirrors much of what I see in the Rastafari peoples, however, this reasoning immediately resonated with I because what I see in I Self and in others is not exactly the same. I've always been reluctant to apply the term "Rasta or Rastafarian" to I Self, even though I can see His Majesty has revealed HimSelf to I the same way He has to many Rastafari people. Sometimes people call I a Rasta, and I don't try to tell them whether I am or not, its too simple for I to turn it into a complicated thing for others. My own blend of Irits at times offends Rastafari people, and why aggravate Ones just to hold onto the name...also, being a Caucasian who hails His Majesty is fine to everyOne, but to hold the namesake of a movement requires more specific works than I've performed as of yet, but I have seen Caucasians do this and create a very hurtful situation, and I'm actively trying to avoid that association.

Anyways, I am that I am Rasta or not; Qedemawi Haile Selassie, enne yante lidj!!!

As for performing the works of the seals which His Majesty has loosed, I have I own take which may be more similar to the I's than first perceived. In performing these works I and I must become all that we can be (strive for perfection, and attain it if all goes well). God in Man as a fully "enlightened"(for lack of a better word) being, is One who loosed their own seals, I am talking about the Chakras people. Chakras are our seven points of energy within our bodies, which must be fully functioning, un-blocked, and freed up, for I and I to be at the pinnacle of our being. This would be a task that we are all capable of, but only a few accomplish.

Amongst the examples of livity His Majesty has spelled out for I and I, this attainment is One. It is Biblically fulfilled by H.I.M. and it is evident otherwise through witness of His own livity. This is the example for I, this is the judgement of I Self. His Majesty's judgment has come down, we must accomplish this within our lifetimes and through this we are given the chance to discard or fulfill our own destinies as Ones have already done and are doing now.

I am saying that judgment is a thing we do for ourSelves. If we live a fruitless life, what can we say for ourSelves and vice versa, denial is not an option here for truth is in our own hearts.

Give thanks again...let I just say these are I own thoughts and only a reflection of what I know to be true to I Self.

Also, I would like very much to hear Ras Kebre AB's thoughts, as the I brought the question surely there is an opinion.

Selam

Messenger: Yaa Asantewa Sent: 5/12/2009 7:33:12 AM

Give thanks for the reasoning. I really fulljoyed, esp. the bit about 7 Chakras; points of light / energy / action. I like. :)

Also;

"Sometimes people call I a Rasta, and I don't try to tell them whether I am or not, its too simple for I to turn it into a complicated thing for others."

and

"to hold the namesake of a movement requires more specific works than I've performed as of yet"

I think that any Ras Tafari sons and daughters worth at least their own weight would be able to relate to these sorts of sets of questions to circulate in the meds and the irit. And so it should. The only addition or correction I would make coming from InI perspective is that we do not hold / claim the namesake of a movement, rather a figure, character and personality. Which is even more serious is it not. I think it easier to hold the name of the 'movement' of Rasta, than to ights the significance of holding the namesake of Ras Tafari who is crowned Haile Selassie I.

So in this case, I think it is always important to reconsider the meaning and the question behind the task. Otherwise we will be accused of vanity.

Messenger: SunofMan Sent: 5/12/2009 11:04:44 AM

I hear the I...its an excellent point,

"The only addition or correction I would make coming from InI perspective is that we do not hold / claim the namesake of a movement, rather a figure, character and personality. Which is even more serious is it not. I think it easier to hold the name of the 'movement' of Rasta, than to ights the significance of holding the namesake of Ras Tafari who is crowned Haile Selassie I."

Personally, although I doubt Ones will disagree, when considering the meaning and question behind the task many will take the task to mean whatever they want...a lot of personal agendas out there, right?

So my feeling is that the namesake is for some the reverence of His Majesty's divine example, to live a life in emulation of that. For many others, the namesake is a lot of other things. We know ourSelves, or at least we're trying to, and Ones would know on an individual basis what they meant when they referred to themSelves as Rastafari, but many people would give different answers, and many would stick together in groups of solidarity. So is it paramount to the task that Ones hold His namesake to take H.I.M. as the supreme Guru, perhaps...I'm about to call mySelf "Selassian" or something and a get strange looks...hehehe, I'm fine with Ones taking the name RasTafari, but I'm very reluctant to get lumped with a bunch who are very much unlike I Self.

I'm not trying to make up my own brand here...everything has been learned through trial and error or come as a revelation, but I don't think anything I'm saying is too outlandish.

more to reason about though....

Selam

1 - 1011 - 2021 - 29

Return to Reasoning List

RastafarI

Haile Selassie I