Use the drop-down boxes above to navigate through the Website  
Return to Reasoning List

Here is a link to this page:
http://www.jah-rastafari.com/forum/message-view.asp?message_group=3479&start_row=1

Perfection required, or to strive for perfection required?

1 - 1011 - 20
Time Zone: EST (New York, Toronto)
Messenger: Ras I-Tom Sent: 4/21/2009 7:08:33 AM

" If he fails to accomplish the task on which he has set out, having worked to the best of his ability, he is not to be maligned by being called lazy."
Haile Selassie I

Christ tell I and I to be perfect as our Father is in heaven, and to also be one with our Father who is in heaven.

Now I know that I am not perfect, because I know that I sometimes go against the commands Jah has given I and I, however I always tell myself the important thing is to get back up, acknowledge what I did is wrong, and dash fire on myself so that I can trod on in repentance and itinue to strive for perfection as Jah tell I and I to do so.

Now I see imanity as imperfect, because if imanity was perfect Jah would have never told I and I to be perfect as he is, or to strive for perfection, or that we all fall short of His glory. I sight perfection as something that imanity has to attain, wheter it be in this life or the life after. We must stay determined, as Selassie I teach I and I, and we must stay dicipline of mind as Selassie I teach I and I, so that we can attain this, whether it be in this life or the life after.

"Discipline of the mind is a basic ingredient of genuine morality and therefore of spiritual strength. Spiritual power is the eternal guide, in this life and the life after, for man ranks supreme among all creatures. Led forward by spiritual power, man can reach the summit destined for him by the Great Creator."
Haile Selassie I

I sight that perfection is not something we can attain ourselves, as we are imperfect, but it is through Jah Ras Tafari that we may attain perfection and live perfectly as Jes-us lived on earth and as Ras Tafari lived on earth. It is through the grace of His Majesty that we may be saved. I sight that none of us can save ourselves. Without His Majesty I we are nothing. We are created, and so I sight that if we do not know our Creator we are bound to meet a dreadful fate as His Majesty said:

"However wise or however mighty a person may be, he is like a ship without a rudder if he is without God. A rudderless ship is at the mercy of the waves and the wind, drifts wherever they take it and if there arises a whirlwind it is smashed against the rocks and becomes as if it has never existed. It is our firm belief that a soul without Christ is bound to meet with no better fate."
Haile Selassie I

Now I was talking about perfection being attained whether in this life, or the life after. I said this because I know many of Jah children see death, but have not attained perfection. But I sight it it through the grace of His Majesty that we would see life after, and if we have STRIVED for perfection and done His works to the best of our ability then we cannot be called lazy, and we are worthy to live perfectly as one with our Father.

All the Ises and glory unto Almighty God Jah Ras Tafari Selassie
I Menen I!

Ras I-Tom

Messenger: General Nyabinghi Sent: 4/21/2009 7:27:11 AM

How can InI strive for perfection, while at the same time taking on Babylonian ways, rejecting the Ible, and not following the teachings of Selassie I?

It is one thing to strive, and yet another to not try at all.

HAIL RASTAFARI

Messenger: General Nyabinghi Sent: 4/21/2009 7:39:19 AM

For those of you who are interested, you can check out this bredren vide, being as how he ia a strond brother and stands firm.

He sheds alot of good light on the topic.

Ye Have Robbed HAILE SELASSIE,

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F6aJA-GBMR0&feature=related

Messenger: Ras I-Tom Sent: 4/21/2009 7:45:41 AM

---------
"How can InI strive for perfection, while at the same time taking on Babylonian ways, rejecting the Ible, and not following the teachings of Selassie I?

It is one thing to strive, and yet another to not try at all."
-------

I am so confused right now..... How..How could you read what I wrote, then reply as such?? Do I reject the bible, do I reject the teachigns of His Majesty?? Bredrin, my reasoning was based on those teachigns. So how can you come and reply as such to my reasoning??

I am not reasinng about those who do not follow the teachings of His Majesty. There is nothing to reason about there. In fact I am reasoning about the teachings of His Majesty and the bible, relating to striving for perfection.

Now it seems to me as if you want to accuse everyone of rejecting His Majesty teachings and the bible. But bredrin, you will not find that in this house, so leave those accusations outside the door!

I get a vibe from the I which is of haughtiness and lack of humility.

You are not reasoning.

Ras Tafari live!

Messenger: General Nyabinghi Sent: 4/21/2009 8:17:44 AM

Your opening post was not in reference to yourself, I acknowledge that. When did I state that I was talking about you? Nor was my RASponse in reference to you. I thought this thread was generalizing. Talking about the issue of perfection in general.

You are making this personal, it is not even about that bredren.

I was not talking about you, but the issue in and of itself.

Messenger: Ras I-Tom Sent: 4/21/2009 8:25:38 AM

At first I thought it was adressed to me, but then I realised it was not. When I replied I did not reply thinking it was adressed personally. I just do not sight it as relevant in the reasoning.
As I said:

------
I am not reasinng about those who do not follow the teachings of His Majesty. There is nothing to reason about there. In fact I am reasoning about the teachings of His Majesty and the bible, relating to striving for perfection.
------

I know there are those who do not follow his Majesty teachings and who do not follow the teachings Jes-us gave, and I know that it is through these teachigns we may attain perfection. So why would I want to be reasoning about those who do not follow these teachings?

The reason I said that I get a vibe from the I of haughtiness and lack of humility is because you just seem to be saying the same thing throughout your posts, accusations of ones not following His Majesty teachings and the bible, and throughout the posts no matter what anyone tells teh I you still don't want to hear. But if you would humble the I self the I would see that the I them in this house glory in His Majesty teachings and the bible.

Reasoning is to rise I and I Irits to the Ites, but how can we do this by talking about those who do not follow His Majesty teachings? It is through reasoning about His Majesty teachigns that our Irits can rise. Dwelling on the wolves is fruitless.

Stay Haile blessed!
Ras Tafari live!

Messenger: Ras I-Tom Sent: 4/21/2009 8:43:39 AM

Y'know, now that I am meditating upon it. Even though I knew that you did not address it to I personally, I think I may have taken it a bit personal y'know.

I took it a bit personal because I reasoned about perfection, and you replied talking about not following His Majesty teachings, and it just took me by surprise and I was confused, because I made a reasoning based on His Majesty teachings and then you make that reply..it was like..huh?!

I guess in a way it can be relevant to the reasining because it is true that we cannot attain perfection without the grace of His Majesty, but also it is not. It is not in the sence that we all know that there are those who do not follow His Majesty teachings and the bible. But that is not Ras Tafari, and reasoning about what is not of Ras Tafari is fruitlessness in the sence that our irits rise through reasoning and meditating upon that which is of our Holy Father Haile Selassie I.

Stay Haile blessed.

Messenger: SunofMan Sent: 4/21/2009 10:28:48 AM

Greetings...

I like the reasoning, it's an important question. I agree with the latter, in that it is required to strive for perfection. To keep trying to be as much as I can be is what is necessary. There are a lot of life circumstances which holds peoples back in this area, and in the judgement I can't imagine that there is denial for One who has truly strived.

In relation to the issue of I being "saved" by His Majesty, in a sense I was. It was He who removed the veil, and it was He who pointed the way, an' He who has always acted as the Guru that gives perfect instruction and inspiration as I prepare to enter the door He has led I to. However, I should never want to see His Majesty corrupted as Iyasus has been turned, by many, into a sky god whom we swear allegiance to and are saved by professing our faith. For my own part I cannot beleive, or even conceive, that the journey goes like that. His and Her Majesty are no "save me Jezeus" thing but rather the perfect example to follow, as Iyasus was meant to be, and still is for some.

Now to become all that would not be realistic, as stated, One must strive, follow the example, open the door to Tsion the I Self and enter. So perhaps we could reason about how His and Her Majesty have taught us to save ourSelves...

Give Thanks for the reasoning::

Selam

Messenger: Ark I Sent: 4/21/2009 11:26:28 AM

General Nyahbinghi, the I said,
-----------------------------------------
How can InI strive for perfection, while at the same time taking on Babylonian ways, rejecting the Ible, and not following the teachings of Selassie I?

It is one thing to strive, and yet another to not try at all.
-----------------------------------------

The I was just in the last day accusing people on this forum of rejecting the Bible, and taking on babylon ways, just because some of I and I don't accept every single thing that Paul says (even though you yourself don't accept everything that Paul says). And Ras I-Tom was one of the people who was involved in the reasonings.

So don't even for a second try to tell I that if the arguments of the last couple of days didn't happen, that you would have given that same response to the reasoning Ras I-Tom posted.

And also don't pretend that you weren't accusing people on this forum by that statement. Whether directly or indirectly.

Be honest Idren. Stop trying to cover your tracks, because your tracks are clearly visible in your previous posts.

Messenger: Ark I Sent: 4/21/2009 11:33:34 AM

As far as I sight, it is about much more than striving to Perfection. Christ gave a very direct order, be ye Perfect, even as your Father in heaven is Perfect. He didn't say try, or strive or any such thing, He said be.

And as far as I sight, if a person doesn't accomplish this while they are alive, then as Culture sing: "Where the tree falls, there shall it lie until judgement takes it's course"

The only hope a person can have is that if they didn't achieve it, that they have children that survive and achieve it, or their children's children survive and achieve it, or children's children's children etc.

Here is a reasoning I made before:

---------------------------------------------
Perfect Livity

Jah requires I and I to be Perfect in his way. Here are numerous scripture of Jesus Christ's words that show I and I what is required of I and I. I can't Iverstand why people don't see what Jah requires from I and I. Do people forget these words soon after they read them?

Matthew 5
43 Ye have heard that it hath been said, Thou shalt love thy neighbour, and hate thine enemy.
44 But I say unto you, Love your enemies, bless them that curse you, do good to them that hate you, and pray for them which despitefully use you, and persecute you;
45 That ye may be the children of your Father which is in heaven: for he maketh his sun to rise on the evil and on the good, and sendeth rain on the just and on the unjust.
46 For if ye love them which love you, what reward have ye? do not even the publicans the same?
47 And if ye salute your brethren only, what do ye more than others? do not even the publicans so?
48 Be ye therefore perfect, even as your Father which is in heaven is perfect.

Luke 6
40 The disciple is not above his master: but every one that is perfect shall be as his master.

John 14
12 Verily, verily, I say unto you, He that believeth on me, the works that I do shall he do also; and greater works than these shall he do; because I go unto my Father.

John 14
21 He that hath my commandments, and keepeth them, he it is that loveth me: and he that loveth me shall be loved of my Father, and I will love him, and will manifest myself to him.
22 Judas saith unto him, not Iscariot, Lord, how is it that thou wilt manifest thyself unto us, and not unto the world?
23 Jesus answered and said unto him, If a man love me, he will keep my words: and my Father will love him, and we will come unto him, and make our abode with him.
24 He that loveth me not keepeth not my sayings: and the word which ye hear is not mine, but the Father's which sent me.

Matthew 7
21 Not every one that saith unto me, Lord, Lord, shall enter into the kingdom of heaven; but he that doeth the will of my Father which is in heaven.
22 Many will say to me in that day, Lord, Lord, have we not prophesied in thy name? and in thy name have cast out devils? and in thy name done many wonderful works?
23 And then will I profess unto them, I never knew you: depart from me, ye that work iniquity.
24 Therefore whosoever heareth these sayings of mine, and doeth them, I will liken him unto a wise man, which built his house upon a rock:
25 And the rain descended, and the floods came, and the winds blew, and beat upon that house; and it fell not: for it was founded upon a rock.
26 And every one that heareth these sayings of mine, and doeth them not, shall be likened unto a foolish man, which built his house upon the sand:
27 And the rain descended, and the floods came, and the winds blew, and beat upon that house; and it fell: and great was the fall of it.

John 13
13 Ye call me Master and Lord: and ye say well; for so I am.
14 If I then, your Lord and Master, have washed your feet; ye also ought to wash one another's feet.
15 For I have given you an example, that ye should do as I have done to you.
16 Verily, verily, I say unto you, The servant is not greater than his lord; neither he that is sent greater than he that sent him.

Matthew 5
15 Neither do men light a candle, and put it under a bushel, but on a candlestick; and it giveth light unto all that are in the house.
16 Let your light so shine before men, that they may see your good works, and glorify your Father which is in heaven.
17 Think not that I am come to destroy the law, or the prophets: I am not come to destroy, but to fulfil.
18 For verily I say unto you, Till heaven and earth pass, one jot or one tittle shall in no wise pass from the law, till all be fulfilled.
19 Whosoever therefore shall break one of these least commandments, and shall teach men so, he shall be called the least in the kingdom of heaven: but whosoever shall do and teach them, the same shall be called great in the kingdom of heaven.
20 For I say unto you, That except your righteousness shall exceed the righteousness of the scribes and Pharisees, ye shall in no case enter into the kingdom of heaven.
.......Read the rest of this scripture for more detail

Matthew 12
48 But he answered and said unto him that told him, Who is my mother? and who are my brethren?
49 And he stretched forth his hand toward his disciples, and said, Behold my mother and my brethren!
50 For whosoever shall do the will of my Father which is in heaven, the same is my brother, and sister, and mother.

Matthew 16
27 For the Son of man shall come in the glory of his Father with his angels; and then he shall reward every man according to his works.

Luke 13
23 Then said one unto him, Lord, are there few that be saved? And he said unto them,
24 Strive to enter in at the strait gate: for many, I say unto you, will seek to enter in, and shall not be able.
25 When once the master of the house is risen up, and hath shut to the door, and ye begin to stand without, and to knock at the door, saying, Lord, Lord, open unto us; and he shall answer and say unto you, I know you not whence ye are:
26 Then shall ye begin to say, We have eaten and drunk in thy presence, and thou hast taught in our streets.
27 But he shall say, I tell you, I know you not whence ye are; depart from me, all ye workers of iniquity.
28 There shall be weeping and gnashing of teeth, when ye shall see Abraham, and Isaac, and Jacob, and all the prophets, in the kingdom of God, and you yourselves thrust out.
29 And they shall come from the east, and from the west, and from the north, and from the south, and shall sit down in the kingdom of God.
30 And, behold, there are last which shall be first, and there are first which shall be last.

John 8
28 Then said Jesus unto them, When ye have lifted up the Son of man, then shall ye know that I am he, and that I do nothing of myself; but as my Father hath taught me, I speak these things.
29 And he that sent me is with me: the Father hath not left me alone; for I do always those things that please him.
30 As he spake these words, many believed on him.
31 Then said Jesus to those Jews which believed on him, If ye continue in my word, then are ye my disciples indeed;
32 And ye shall know the truth, and the truth shall make you free.
33 They answered him, We be Abraham's seed, and were never in bondage to any man: how sayest thou, Ye shall be made free?
34 Jesus answered them, Verily, verily, I say unto you, Whosoever committeth sin is the servant of sin.
35 And the servant abideth not in the house for ever: but the Son abideth ever.
36 If the Son therefore shall make you free, ye shall be free indeed.
37 I know that ye are Abraham's seed; but ye seek to kill me, because my word hath no place in you.
38 I speak that which I have seen with my Father: and ye do that which ye have seen with your father.
39 They answered and said unto him, Abraham is our father. Jesus saith unto them, If ye were Abraham's children, ye would do the works of Abraham.
40 But now ye seek to kill me, a man that hath told you the truth, which I have heard of God: this did not Abraham.
41 Ye do the deeds of your father. Then said they to him, We be not born of fornication; we have one Father, even God.
42 Jesus said unto them, If God were your Father, ye would love me: for I proceeded forth and came from God; neither came I of myself, but he sent me.
43 Why do ye not understand my speech? even because ye cannot hear my word.
44 Ye are of your father the devil, and the lusts of your father ye will do. He was a murderer from the beginning, and abode not in the truth, because there is no truth in him. When he speaketh a lie, he speaketh of his own: for he is a liar, and the father of it.
45 And because I tell you the truth, ye believe me not.
46 Which of you convinceth me of sin? And if I say the truth, why do ye not believe me?
47 He that is of God heareth God's words: ye therefore hear them not, because ye are not of God.

The ways of Christ are even more strict then the ways of Moses. Christ said.

Matthew 5
27 Ye have heard that it was said by them of old time, Thou shalt not commit adultery:
28 But I say unto you, That whosoever looketh on a woman to lust after her hath committed adultery with her already in his heart.

How many more words of Christ does a man need to read to be convinced of how we are to live?
---------------------------------------------

1 - 1011 - 20

Return to Reasoning List

RastafarI

Haile Selassie I