Use the drop-down boxes above to navigate through the Website  
Return to Reasoning List

Here is a link to this page:
http://www.jah-rastafari.com/forum/message-view.asp?message_group=3479&start_row=11

Perfection required, or to strive for perfection required?

1 - 1011 - 20
Time Zone: EST (New York, Toronto)
Messenger: General Nyabinghi Sent: 4/21/2009 11:53:04 AM

ARK I

I believe that Ras I TOM and I have spoken on the matter, and we are in agreement. It was a mere generalization. If you feel different, than I have no control over that.

Bless the I them.

JAH LOVE

Messenger: Ras I-Tom Sent: 4/21/2009 12:23:48 PM

Haile I Selassie I Ras Tafari!
Ises.

Give thanks SunofMan and Ark I for the I word sound contribution to the reasoning. Haile I!

SunOfMan, As for I, I have a conciousness of my Creator, whom is Haile Selassie I, and the creation always needs the Creator. I cannot save Iself, it is Jah Ras Tafari's grace that saves I.

We are tools in the hand of the builder, and the tool cannot be used unless it be used by the builder.

Jes-us is I savior, as he save I and I and I with the teachings he gave I. Selassie I is also my savior because of the teachings He gave I and I and I. Just as you stated.

However I see it as much more than that also, because I sight that it is only by the grace of His Imperial Majesty I that I can follow His teachings perfectly, through spiritual power which is I and I eternal guide this life and the one after, as Selassie I teach. The Christ is the shepard...Haile Selassie I is my shepard.

All the Ises and glory unto my Creator and Savior Negus I Selassie I Almighty God Jah Ras Tafari

Messenger: Ark I Sent: 4/21/2009 1:25:27 PM

Ras I-Tom, the I said
-----------------------
However I see it as much more than that also, because I sight that it is only by the grace of His Imperial Majesty I that I can follow His teachings perfectly, through spiritual power which is I and I eternal guide this life and the one after, as Selassie I teach. The Christ is the shepard...Haile Selassie I is my shepard.
-----------------------

I agree with that as long as the I means divine inspiration when the I says grace. That is why it is not about trying or striving, it is about Living.

As long as I and I talk about try and strive, I and I put our faith in failure or at least possible failure, making failure a reality. The only way to be Perfect as I and I Father is Perfect, is to have faith that it will be so.

Here are some related reasonings:

Fire Burn try and hope

Free from sin

Temptation

Livity

Perfect Livity

Fire is Good

Faith

Prayers with Faith

Faith Strength

Messenger: General Nyabinghi Sent: 4/21/2009 3:37:09 PM

I agree with you here ARK I.

Messenger: Ras I-Tom Sent: 4/21/2009 4:43:41 PM

Ark I, give thanks for the I word sound.

When I say grace I mean that it is through Jah that I and I can attain perfection, it is through trodding to His irits that I and I can live, as Jah intend, to be one, and this is how I and I am saved from death, to have life.

I give thanks Ark I though, because the I show me something. We must be so, and if I and I fall, I and I must get back up acknowledge the wrong, give I and I self a whipping, learn, focus and repent, and itinue to be so, be perfect as Jah.

However I say that Haile Selassie I is my savior because it is only through Jah irits and guidance that I can be so, it is only by his grace.

Give thanks and Ises unto Haile Selassie I the Almighty!

Messenger: SunofMan Sent: 4/21/2009 8:10:36 PM

Ishee...

Matthew 16
27 For the Son of man shall come in the glory of his Father with his angels; and then he shall reward every man according to his works.

Luke 13
23 Then said one unto him, Lord, are there few that be saved? And he said unto them,
24 Strive to enter in at the strait gate: for many, I say unto you, will seek to enter in, and shall not be able.
25 When once the master of the house is risen up, and hath shut to the door, and ye begin to stand without, and to knock at the door, saying, Lord, Lord, open unto us; and he shall answer and say unto you, I know you not whence ye are:
26 Then shall ye begin to say, We have eaten and drunk in thy presence, and thou hast taught in our streets.
27 But he shall say, I tell you, I know you not whence ye are; depart from me, all ye workers of iniquity.
28 There shall be weeping and gnashing of teeth, when ye shall see Abraham, and Isaac, and Jacob, and all the prophets, in the kingdom of God, and you yourselves thrust out.
29 And they shall come from the east, and from the west, and from the north, and from the south, and shall sit down in the kingdom of God.
30 And, behold, there are last which shall be first, and there are first which shall be last.

So, at Luke 13:24 it does say strive, and I think this reasoning could grow into a debate of semantics as far as what does it mean to strive to be perfect vs. just being perfect. I never looked at the word strive and thought there weren't two roads before I. There surely is a high and a low. As even Iyasus was tempted He showed I and I that there is a Right path to take in such instance, but He did have to first overcome temptation.

For One to have faith that they will be perfect is a righteous thing, but it simply is not as easy as said and done. I do have to say that for my own part, I am not a puppet on a string with faith that the master will guide. I feel sure in the fact that the Master Builder has passed His tools on to I and showed I how to use them, yet He is not going to use them for I, see it? It is up to I and I to use the tools given to us; and in order to do that there must be serious effort put in (and by effort I mean that Ones have to strive). In life Ones come through many trials and there is no One here who has passed through yet.

I fully agree with what Ark I said in regards to "grace" meaning "divine inspiration". And perhaps this is my own twist on it but I see I Self as having been "divinely inspired" by His and Her "grace" or "girmawi" to save I Self in the presence of His example, that Qedemawi and Qedemawit should see I walking with them.

I see so many faithful but they still stumble in lack of effort, but I don't see that as their lack of faith.

Give Thanks...

Selam

Messenger: Ras I-Tom Sent: 4/22/2009 7:55:44 AM

Yes SunOfMan, blessed love.

Give thanks for the word sound. Haile I!

Y'know I was just telling someone that the other day, a christian. She was saying she had a real problem with being judmental and so she is asking God for help. I told her that it is not as easy as that. You have to work to overcome it aswell, it is the Father that will help you in your effort (or as we can say, your striving to do so).

I sight that we cannot attain perfection without the Father, because it is impossible for us to attain perfection, as we all fall short of the glory. However nothing is impossible for His Majesty, and so through His Majesty I can attain perfection. When I say I must try, or I must strive, I really do mean the effort. I agree with what SunOfMan said that it is not as easy as having faith that you will be so. I sight that we have to strive (put our effort) to be so also.

Ark I also showed me that it is just important to have faith that you can be so also. So I sight that the two are just as important. I and I must strive and have faith, looking straight ahead at the narrow road, asking Selassie I for discipline of mind to overcome temptation. If I and I fall, as we all do sometimes, I and I must get up shake the dust of our feet, acknowledge the wrong,dash fire on I and I self, ask forgiveness, repent, and itinue to trod straight.

Too many ones believe that God will save them because Jes-us died, and that they do not even need to put in effort to trod as our Father Haile Selassie I trod. But if that was so then why would Jes-us say that not all shall enter, even oens that prophecize and excorcize in His name shall not enter. That shows that I and I must put in effort, strive with faith that we cna be perfect as our Father.

Ises unto His Majesty and Her Majesty Selassie I Menen I!

Messenger: Ras power Sent: 4/23/2009 7:51:20 PM

For in many things we offend all. If any man offend not in word, the same is a perfect man, and able also to bridle the whole body.

3Behold, we put bits in the horses' mouths, that they may obey us; and we turn about their whole body.

4Behold also the ships, which though they be so great, and are driven of fierce winds, yet are they turned about with a very small helm, whithersoever the governor listeth.

5Even so the tongue is a little member, and boasteth great things. Behold, how great a matter a little fire kindleth!

6And the tongue is a fire, a world of iniquity: so is the tongue among our members, that it defileth the whole body, and setteth on fire the course of nature; and it is set on fire of hell.

7For every kind of beasts, and of birds, and of serpents, and of things in the sea, is tamed, and hath been tamed of mankind:

8But the tongue can no man tame; it is an unruly evil, full of deadly poison.

9Therewith bless we God, even the Father; and therewith curse we men, which are made after the similitude of God.

10Out of the same mouth proceedeth blessing and cursing. My brethren, these things ought not so to be.

11Doth a fountain send forth at the same place sweet water and bitter?

12Can the fig tree, my brethren, bear olive berries? either a vine, figs? so can no fountain both yield salt water and fresh.

13Who is a wise man and endued with knowledge among you? let him shew out of a good conversation his works with meekness of wisdom. (james 3)

but seeing we cannot be perfect, striving to perfection is more to it, for jah don't judge ini on merit, is so we would all be dead, for we all have sin and may still do even unawares.

but the will, the deciples ask christ what do they have to do, and he said to them believe on him jah send,

ini cannot add or subtract to salvation, all has been done for ini

Messenger: Sheba.. Sent: 4/24/2009 12:40:39 PM

blessed idrens..

raspect for posting this thread Ras I-Tom....

how I see it is InI have 360 degrees of overstanding-180 to do bad and 180 to do good....

InI have to decide which way InI are going to trod....

through our pineal and petruaty glands InI hear the voice of JAH directing InI into rightousness livity....

but same time satan is trying the same but to try and make InI hold up and initiate inna all his fornications....

and in this day and age the only way to rightous livity is wisdom and full use of overstanding.....

may JAH bless each and every 1 of I....
holy emanuel I king selassi I JAH rastafari....

Messenger: Sheba.. Sent: 4/24/2009 12:41:11 PM

blessed idrens..

raspect for posting this thread Ras I-Tom....

how I see it is InI have 360 degrees of overstanding-180 to do bad and 180 to do good....

InI have to decide which way InI are going to trod....

through our pineal and petruaty glands InI hear the voice of JAH directing InI into rightousness livity....

but same time satan is trying the same but to try and make InI hold up and initiate inna all his fornications....

and in this day and age the only way to rightous livity is wisdom and full use of overstanding.....

may JAH bless each and every 1 of I....
holy emanuel I king selassi I JAH rastafari....

1 - 1011 - 20

Return to Reasoning List

RastafarI

Haile Selassie I