Use the drop-down boxes above to navigate through the Website  
Return to Reasoning List

Here is a link to this page:
http://www.jah-rastafari.com/forum/message-view.asp?message_group=3469&start_row=1

Thinking of converting...

1 - 1011
Time Zone: EST (New York, Toronto)
Messenger: The True Rebel Sent: 4/17/2009 2:02:44 PM

My friend was talking to me about Rastafari and how it made his life better and he was telling me about it. I was interested and I'm thinking of converting. But he said you weren't allowed to cut your hair.... Is this true? That's the only thing that's stopping me. Do I have to go without haircuts or is there something else?

Messenger: Ras KebreAB Sent: 4/17/2009 2:32:10 PM

Seek Ye First the Face of the Most High God Jah Rastafari King of Kings,Lord of Lords,Conquering Lion of the tribe Judah, Emperor of Ethiopia ,Elect of HIMself, Prince of Peace,and the Light unto the world..........
......and all things shall be added

Bless

Messenger: Ras I-Tom Sent: 4/17/2009 2:51:56 PM

Yes Ras Kebre! word sound! That is what I and I have to seek first. People worrying about the outside but it is on the inside that we are born. I and I need to look within ourselves and find the conciousness of our Creator Haile Selassie I.

Ises. Haile I.

Messenger: BONGO IYAH Sent: 4/17/2009 3:36:34 PM

RASTAFARI
I say Idren, converting happens do to a change of religion. RASTAFARI is a LIVITY. A way of Life. NO Religion here Iyah. Conversion: a change of Heart, well I&I have had this heart since the beginning. No need to change it or trade it in now.LOL
yes "the True Rebel" The wonderful Brahdah's are sayin' Truth to thee. In a matter of fact it is not the I's hair that is to be cut off it is all of thy ways of the Flesh and Ego. Reguardless of the hair. the I them friend who has told thee that no cuttin' the hair knows not the fulness of the Most High, Yet perhaps this is what the I them has taken from what the friend has given to thee. SEEN? Any man or woman can grow hair and convert to any religion, RASTAFARI IS RASTAFARI is not a religion. Some think it is place of ganga smoke and cool un kept hair but that is Bullness, Crap!
"SEEK YE FIRST the KINGDOM of Heaven and all else shall be added unto thee." that is what JAH say. not hey man, grow your hair, smoke the "weed". i think that is what the hippy says.lol I say that not in mocking but in having a LIGHT HEART. SEEN? Be not Offended.
JAH RASTAFARIwill change thy Life reguardless of the I them hair. It is a covenant the I can make to JAH to grow out the Locks, It is not a necesity. Nor is Smoking Herb. It is a Healing of the nation, Yes and not to be treated as a recreation like a sporting event. Yet not every RASTAFARI has Locks or Smoke Herb. SEEN? Only JAH Know what is on thy Heart. GO within the confines of thy Temple and Pray and ask H.I.M. what it is He wants from thee. That will help to make up thy mind. There is no converting like in religion, SEEN? RASTAFARI realize this has been who I&I AM since the beginning reguardless of the religious upbringing if any. SEEN? It is not like one day I am a Christian Babist than, I say HMMM this looks cool let I change and convert. NO SIR, it is not like that at all. It is not like school and do it to be cool.
I shall Make this WARNING! to The True Rebel, Do not call on RASTAFARI unless the I them is serious. It is not a JOKE thing, I love to have fun and laugh but this is the most serious thing in I&I life, If the I them call on JAH expect to be heard and respond with the utmost humility, or else calamity shall fall upon thy life. RASTAFARI is no JOKE IYAH, that is I&I WARNING. If thy heart is pure in it's search it shall be revealed in due time. Knock and it shall be Opened Jah says to all his children. Be prepared to go through the door when it does open and it will open, YES I. JAH RASTAFARI
SELASSIE I IS the Living CHRIST does LIVETH Itinually
IYAH
ONE LOVE

Messenger: World Illusions Sent: 4/17/2009 5:34:06 PM

To clear it up.. I told him (The True Rebel) dreads were a symbol. I've only been Rasta for less than one year and have much to learn.. each and every day. But ever since I put my faith in Jah, my life has been good. I've changed my life and feel pure for the first time in my life. I do read many of these forums and learn things on each thread.. so I hope to learn more and more as I read and converse with all of you..

Messenger: Ark I Sent: 4/17/2009 11:52:31 PM

I and I Locks are not grown for a symbol. If that was so, I would have cut them a long time ago, because I am not interested in vanity.

I and I Locks have a purpose, just like everything else that grows within I and I body has a purpose.

Messenger: Queen Helen Sent: 4/18/2009 12:23:23 AM

Rastafari is religion with it's own powers like Muslim and Orthhodox. Don't say it's not, I can ask you what is Rastafari? Rastafari belive in Haile Selassie the King of Ethiopia. Haile Selassie is my King that took a great name for a reason, and is a great man that used his human power. Do I believe that? Yes, becuase He did as Iyasus did for humans, but I am not comparing Haile Selassie to Iyasus. Do I think that Haile Selassie is Iyasus? No! So you see that you will have a diiferent belief than me. Rastafari is it's own religion. So you see, don't be shamed to say Rastafari is a religion. I'm Ethiopian Orthodox becuase I have a power to not disagree, I will agree too because I'm still looking for the body.

Messenger: Nyah Nicholas Sent: 4/18/2009 12:36:59 AM

ah whaaa???

ForWARD and FIYAH JAH RASTAFARI UPON INI SELF AND THE I IDREN THEM, IN HIM NAME HAILE I SELASSIE I!!!

Do I think that Haile Selassie is Iyasus?

Absolutely...

nuff said....May the Imighty One Bless InI ALL whom reside upon His precious Earth...

Messenger: Ras power Sent: 4/18/2009 10:41:01 AM

it is important when we don't know something not to speak like we do, because there is always someone who knows and then we are revealed.

first, rasta is not a dread thing, ini sight His Majesty long before ini had locks, seeking , its like planting a seed on fertile ground, which will become a great tree.

seek His Majesty, read His words and His autobiography, and he will reveal himself to you. looks is really a symbol to show who or where you stand. although many use it as a style, it is as a covenant.

now about Christ and His Majesty, Christ said

And if I go and prepare a place for you, I will come again, and receive you unto myself; that where I am, there ye may be also.(john 14v3)

6But when the Comforter is come, whom I will send unto you from the Father, even the Spirit of truth, which proceedeth from the Father, he shall testify of me:

27And ye also shall bear witness, because ye have been with me from the beginning. ( john 15v26)

But now I go my way to him that sent me; and none of you asketh me, Whither goest thou?

6But because I have said these things unto you, sorrow hath filled your heart.

7Nevertheless I tell you the truth; It is expedient for you that I go away: for if I go not away, the Comforter will not come unto you; but if I depart, I will send him unto you.

8And when he is come, he will reprove the world of sin, and of righteousness, and of judgment:

9Of sin, because they believe not on me;

10Of righteousness, because I go to my Father, and ye see me no more;

11Of judgment, because the prince of this world is judged.

12I have yet many things to say unto you, but ye cannot bear them now.

13Howbeit when he, the Spirit of truth, is come, he will guide you into all truth: for he shall not speak of himself; but whatsoever he shall hear, that shall he speak: and he will shew you things to come.

14He shall glorify me: for he shall receive of mine, and shall shew it unto you.

15All things that the Father hath are mine: therefore said I, that he shall take of mine, and shall shew it unto you.( john 16v5-15)

And I saw a strong angel proclaiming with a loud voice, Who is worthy to open the book, and to loose the seals thereof?

3And no man in heaven, nor in earth, neither under the earth, was able to open the book, neither to look thereon.

4And I wept much, because no man was found worthy to open and to read the book, neither to look thereon.

5And one of the elders saith unto me, Weep not: behold, the Lion of the tribe of Judah, the Root of David, hath prevailed to open the book, and to loose the seven seals thereof. (rev 5v 2-5)

i can go on whole day and show you its fulfillment.

Christ in his kingly character

And I saw heaven opened, and behold a white horse; and he that sat upon him was called Faithful and True, and in righteousness he doth judge and make war.

12His eyes were as a flame of fire, and on his head were many crowns; and he had a name written, that no man knew, but he himself.

13And he was clothed with a vesture dipped in blood: and his name is called The Word of God.

14And the armies which were in heaven followed him upon white horses, clothed in fine linen, white and clean.

15And out of his mouth goeth a sharp sword, that with it he should smite the nations: and he shall rule them with a rod of iron: and he treadeth the winepress of the fierceness and wrath of Almighty God.

16And he hath on his vesture and on his thigh a name written, KING OF KINGS, AND LORD OF LORDS. ( rev 19v 11-16)

3And I heard a great voice out of heaven saying, Behold, the tabernacle of God is with men, and he will dwell with them, and they shall be his people, and God himself shall be with them, and be their God. (rev 21 v 3)

seems like a good place to post these

blessed love

Messenger: Nyah Nicholas Sent: 5/2/2009 3:09:34 PM

true power is in the word.....

1 - 1011

Return to Reasoning List

RastafarI

Haile Selassie I