Use the drop-down boxes above to navigate through the Website  
Return to Reasoning List

Here is a link to this page:
http://www.jah-rastafari.com/forum/message-view.asp?message_group=3461&start_row=1

Losing faith and trust in God and in ones self

1 - 8
Time Zone: EST (New York, Toronto)
Messenger: sharon Sent: 4/10/2009 5:59:49 AM

Just the other day I said to my nephewe who has recently lost his brother, previously lost his father, lost his son (at birth), and has also encountered a failed relationship to have faith and to pray to the almighty and ask him to strenghten him and help him through his troubled times only to be told by him that "I am not praying to no God, I don't believe in no God, no God cannot help me", well you can imagine how dumstruck I was and I am asking any of my bredrins/sistrins to help me with any suggestions that I can use to help this troubled soul restore his faith in the almighty.

Messenger: Yaa Asantewa Sent: 4/10/2009 7:51:18 AM

Blessed Love Empress Menen.

I think he sounds like he is talking, and having his own conversation. It sounds like he is a grown up, referring to the relationship. So, I think the best thing thee I can do is just comfort him, and let him reach the final of his own thoughts. If he is at least comforted, then he may not feel the need to act out and action unreasonably.

It sounds terrible. But give thanks for family always. It is this type of thing that restores a faith anyway.

One heart. Selassie I first.

Messenger: BONGO IYAH Sent: 4/10/2009 8:15:16 AM

RASTAFARI
Yes check it,
ISAIAH 57:15 "I Live in a high and holy place, but also with him is contrite and lowly in spirit, and to revive the heart of the contrite." Christ said over and over we must come to H.I.M. with a broken heart and a contrite Spirit. Jah knows it is the only most humble way to find H.I.M. Christ is known as the man of SORROWS. The brother in which the I them is hurting for will come around. It is not the I them place to judge what he feels. I am not saying that is the case , in his eyes he has been shown Jah has taken that which he has loved dearly many times, so how can he love another expesially his creator , or the very thing that took these loved Ones away. He will need much time to heal. the Best that the I them can do is send him these messages of hope, search out the very teachings of the Christ Selassie I and share them with him. Take him into nature and let him see his loved ones are not gone, just transformed into NEW LIFE, yet the SAME LIFE. They are in the rain, clouds, the rain, the rivers, it is a continuim. Be not Harsh when he says " I do not Believe". that is his broken heart speaking. It will mend through time. JAH Heals all broken Hearts. He is at a place where many fear to go, give him time and LOVE and COMPASSION. That is what the I them must do. I feel for thee, It is a GOLDEN opurtunity for the I's family to find strength in thy faith, not just his, all who are around are testing their faith, Be of good cheer. I&I have been promised a place to sit with H.I.M. He is the Great comforter. Think about today and yesterday 2000 years ago, Yesus lost every friend and family member, he even asked in his dying breath, "FATHER why HAVE YOU FORSAKEN ME". But Our Father did not, it only apears that he is not there, but in the end OUR FATHER IN HEAVEN WHO LIVES is carrying I&I. It is I&I who looses faith, not JAH. Thy brother will pull through with the help of LOVE and COMPASSION, it is a GIFT that thee can give FREELY. DO IT. AS I SEE that it IS. Thy heart is good. Thy name Is Sharon. the Name in which they called CHRIST is the ROSE of SHARON, SEND forth thy LOVE to the Brother and in time all will be well. AS JAH SAID, BE of GOOD CHEER. Moments before he was Slaughtered, beatened, forsaken. YET has Now returned as the LION to BREAK the Chains of DEATH. YES I, BE OF GOOD CHEER. Bring JOY and Laughter.
ONE LOVE
SELASSIE I
IYAH BONGGO IYAH

Messenger: Ras KebreAB Sent: 4/10/2009 9:44:15 AM

Blessed Ites

As the idren have said, yes, i think he needs comfort more than anything right now.
Rastafari is always calling, ceaselessly, it is ony mankind, through the disturbances in his irits that wont hear. In the case of your nephew, his sorrow has become his disturbance, so it hard for him to see through his sorrow. As Empress Yaa has said, he is just acting out unreasonably, for that is what it is, for the Created to say there is no Creator, is as unreasonable as one can get, but it is understandable as the man is feeling that life has treated him unreasonably.
But Jah see and know, His overstanding is unlimited,His mercy is everlasting, He is the Most Humble, devoid of ego and pride.

I am interested to know, did your nephew really lose his faith in these times, or is he one who never had faith in the Most High anyway?

Blessed Love
Rastafari

Messenger: Eleazar1234 Sent: 4/15/2009 7:29:58 AM

For he grew up before him like a young plant, and like a root out of dry ground; he had no form or comeliness that we should look at him, and no beauty that we should desire him. He was despised and rejected by men; a man of sorrows, and acquainted with grief; and as one from whom men hide their faces he was despised, and we esteemed him not. Surely he has borne our griefs and carried our sorrows; yet we esteemed him stricken, smitten by God, and afflicted. But he was wounded for our transgressions, he was bruised for our iniquities; upon him was the chastisement that made us whole.

All we like sheep have gone astray; we have turned every one to his own way; and the LORD has laid on him the iniquity of us all. He was oppressed, and he was afflicted, yet he opened not his mouth; like a lamb that is led to the slaughter, and like a sheep that before its shearers is dumb, so he opened not his mouth. By oppression and judgment he was taken away; and as for his generation, who considered that he was cut off out of the land of the living, stricken for the transgression of my people? And they made his grave with the wicked and with a rich man in his death, although he had done no violence, and there was no deceit in his mouth. Yet it was the will of the LORD to bruise him; he has put him to grief; when he makes himself an offering for sin...

Messenger: General Nyabinghi Sent: 4/21/2009 7:53:35 PM

Greetings Sharon

First I am sorry to hear of your friend's loss.

However If I were you, I would read to him the story of Job. Keep in mind Queen, that the only time InI suffer in life is for one of two reasons.

1)God is testing you

2)You have broken God's commandments.

In either way, it is not wise to curse God in either event.

Remember how Job's wife told him to curse Jah and die?

But Job ignored her words, for they were from Satan.

Job preservered, and was a glory to Jah.

Messenger: General Nyabinghi Sent: 4/21/2009 7:57:38 PM

Sister Sharon, also I can tell you, that I have even began to loose faith such as Peter, all be it for different reasons, but still, loosing faith is loosing faith.

I have loss friends to gang violence, and questioned many things of Jah.

And then you see the influence of Babylon on our people, it makes you wonder sometimes.

But if you stay in the spirit of Jah, then you can overcome all things put to you by the adversary.

JAH BLESS

Messenger: Ras power Sent: 4/23/2009 7:33:44 PM

that is a sad story.

that is a good one genaral gave

i will add to that the story of Joseph,with all he went through knew that jah had a plan for him,

but with all that has happened to us there is always someone who has it worse,

1 - 8

Return to Reasoning List

RastafarI

Haile Selassie I