Use the drop-down boxes above to navigate through the Website  
Return to Reasoning List

Here is a link to this page:
http://www.jah-rastafari.com/forum/message-view.asp?message_group=3451&start_row=1

thebun enemy is our enemy, H.I.M

Time Zone: EST (New York, Toronto)
Messenger: Ras power Sent: 4/1/2009 6:05:15 PM

In our appraisal of the united nations, in its structure and the fild of action proper and appropriate to it, we must recognize the historically demonstrated fact that a willful and deliberate violation by any member state of its obligation under the UN Charter weakens the UN's prestige and threatens its destruction.

let us speak frankly:

he who acts deliberately and with calculation to the injury of the UN to weaken or to endanger its existence as an effective and energetic international institution, is the enemy of all of us. He robs the world of the last, best hopes for peace, robs the small nations of that bulwark which the UN provides against oppression, and he deprives them the forum where their voice may be raised against in justice and oppression .

it is perhaps no accident that the UN headquarters resembles a structure of glass. t is fragile, not an indestructible institution.

at the same time, we need not delude ourselves, that the performance of the UN has been, at all time and on all questions, that which we might have wished. the UN is is man conceived and man run and hence by nature of man, imperfect. We must be constantly alert to improv and perfect its machinery, to minimize the risk that in the time of crisis it will fail us, to assure that its decisions are founded on principle ond not bias and prejudice.

Haile Selassie i

Return to Reasoning List

RastafarI

Haile Selassie I