Use the drop-down boxes above to navigate through the Website  
Return to Reasoning List

Here is a link to this page:
http://www.jah-rastafari.com/forum/message-view.asp?message_group=3445&start_row=31

PATOI

1 - 1011 - 2021 - 3031 - 35
Time Zone: EST (New York, Toronto)
Messenger: Ras I-Tom Sent: 4/4/2009 5:54:17 AM

As Ras Kebre said, you should care about what he has to say to the I.
This thread is open for everyone to post in. The people who get involved in the conversation you and Bongo Iyah had, as you called it, got involved to try and help you.
One cannot learn if one does not want to hear.
Each one teach one, that is the saying.
When one humbles themself then one will always want to hear what advice and help another bredrin or sistrin has to give.

Messenger: liberated_Ras777 Sent: 4/8/2009 7:37:14 PM

Love in the house

greetings in the name of His Imperial Majesty Emperor Haile Selassie I RASTAFARI!!!

For years.... it seems like ones just coming in still continue to think that they have to speak like a "yardie" in order to be accepted as authentic Rastafari. this is far from the truth as I an I true RASTAFARI seek to learn I an I fathers language holy amharic. patois is broken english spoken by I an I ancestors, patois is a REMINDER of SLAVERY,OPPRESSION of I an I royal Ithiopians it should be discarded, the idea of "iyaric" being the toungue of I an I rasta is a grave insult to ithiopian culture which I an I Rastafari should strive to emulate.

for the record, YOU ( the patois lovers) have to realize that we who speak "patois" dont have to modify our writing to " sound like patois" to get our point across it is follishness to attempt to write broken english.

ANYWAY learning patois is a waste of time, gol earn ithiopian language and culture , burn the jamaica-ism, burn x flag and all aspects of british culture that was implanted in I an I black mind..

LIVE UP RISE UP

LOVE

Messenger: Yaa Asantewa Sent: 4/9/2009 6:28:08 AM

*applause.

Messenger: BONGO IYAH Sent: 4/9/2009 7:45:20 AM

RASTAFARI
Standing ovation!
Selassie I
Iyah

Messenger: Nyah Nicholas Sent: 4/9/2009 12:46:15 PM

Yes King.....

Word-sound....