Use the drop-down boxes above to navigate through the Website  
Return to Reasoning List

Here is a link to this page:
http://www.jah-rastafari.com/forum/message-view.asp?message_group=3437&start_row=11

Healing the nation???

1 - 1011 - 12
Time Zone: EST (New York, Toronto)
Messenger: Eleazar1234 Sent: 4/1/2009 10:59:19 PM

Active Component Of Marijuana Has Anti-cancer Effects, Study Suggests

ScienceDaily (Apr. 1, 2009) — Guillermo Velasco and colleagues, at Complutense University, Spain, have provided evidence that suggests that cannabinoids such as the main active component of marijuana (THC) have anticancer effects on human brain cancer cells.

In the study, THC was found to induce the death of various human brain cancer cell lines and primary cultured human brain cancer cells by a process known as autophagy.

Consistent with the in vitro data, administration of THC to mice with human tumors decreased tumor growth and induced the tumor cells to undergo autophagy. As analysis of tumors from two patients with recurrent glioblastoma multiforme (a highly aggressive brain tumor) receiving intracranial THC administration showed signs of autophagy, the authors suggest that cannabinoid administration may provide a new approach to targeting human cancers.

Cannabinoid action induces autophagy-mediated cell death through stimulation of ER stress in human glioma cells

Messenger: Humble Rasta Sent: 4/2/2009 4:30:36 AM

a lot of I's call Iwombman a rebel wen InI wan fi know someting but I ask dem,still.
YEs Ras I TOm,da I answered me.yanks!

One Love from Ifrica
Jah love!

1 - 1011 - 12

Return to Reasoning List

RastafarI

Haile Selassie I