Use the drop-down boxes above to navigate through the Website  
Return to Reasoning List

Here is a link to this page:
http://www.jah-rastafari.com/forum/message-view.asp?message_group=3405&start_row=31

DAGGERING BAN

1 - 1011 - 2021 - 3031 - 35
Time Zone: EST (New York, Toronto)
Messenger: FarI-Sight Sent: 3/5/2009 9:52:38 PM

Also the idea or concept that one has to denounce all material things and the more spiritual you are the less material you shall be, and that you must denounce material things to be more spiritual, is NOT AN AFRICAN CONCEPT AND PHILOSOPHY, and not one that is entirely true and stems from a weakheart , Eurocentric misunderstanding of the Ancient Ethiopic Spiitual system.

Spirituality enables one to succeed and make progress in the world. That is what His Majesty stand for, using the power of Truth and the Spirit to overcome barriers and make progress. And the latter (progress) is said by Haile Selassie I , that is MUST be spiritual AND material progress.

This is the rut we find many people, Rastafari people especially, that some of us are unable to move forward materially and achieve out spiritual objectives and purpose.

Also this thing about celibacy being the ites of spirituality is also a false conception inherited from the slavemassa, and so another Eurocentric mythology.

From a medical perspective, celibacy creates many physiological problems, such as upsetting and causing imbalance in a female's 21 day cycle, their hormones, emotional state, etc.

Sex, for us Africans, was not always about gratifying the desires of our flesh, or solely pleasure, but it was a means of raising our spiritual power, and this can be seen in all Ancient Black sacred texts that predate the bible.

A woman in Africa, not in Judeo-Christian or Islamic Africa, but Traditional Africa, is actualy able to meditate easier and more effective than a man, and is also known to enter into trance in sex and prophesy, or heal the man and herself, or become receptive to deities (not gods)or the Most I.

Messenger: FarI-Sight Sent: 3/5/2009 10:44:43 PM

Blessed Love, Empress Yaa.

Give thanks for the positive word sound, Mama. The I clarified the whole thread for everyone.

Will also post more later

Rook, Blessed Love My Lord, no hard feelings, apology accepted, forgiveness given, reconciliation is sweet.

Love to All, Heart of Sabbath to all,

HOLY EMMANUEL I SELASSIE I JAH RASTAFARI

Messenger: Ras I-Tom Sent: 3/6/2009 4:52:41 AM

Yes I, blessed love FarI!

I and I reason upon the I word sound after reasoning on Ras Kebre's.

The I said that Jah tell you that reggae is not something that needs to be put away. Then I and I sight that reggae is not for you to put away, and that reggae therefore serves a purpose in the I's life. It may not be so for other Idren. Ras Kebre was saying that if reggae is alive for somone then it is alive to them, but if it is dead for another, then it is dead to them.

Regarding celibacy. You will see earlier in the post, that I too do not agree with celibacy, as I and I sight that the natural order is for us to reproduce our selves. However Ras Kebre's reply made I and I sit back and think about it.

It is true that the celibacy imposed by the europeans, the catholic celibacy thing, is perverse.
But if one chooses to deny themself for the glory of Jah RasTafarI, then I and I will not question that. I and I like how Ras Kebre put it referring to food being natural and necessary, and the same goes for sex, however just as one can fast, one can fast the flesh.

Just as one can fast and oversome hunger with feeding the spirit, I and I sight one can overcome the problems that can arise through not having sex, by living by the spirit and feeding yourself spiritually. I and I sight that ones physical and psychological state ties in with ones spiritual state.

All of that said. I and I know that sex for the Africans is nothing like how the west views sex. I and I have heard Africans say that sex in Africa was a spiritual thing, not gratifying the desires of the flesh, as the I put it.

I and I did not know however that sex was a tool for meditation and prophecy, and for healing. Give thanks for the information I!

Itinual Ises unto the Most I Emmanuel I Selassie I JAH RasTafarI!

Messenger: Yaa Asantewa Sent: 3/6/2009 8:19:57 AM

Well, it is certainly a tool for creation!

Selassie I First!

Messenger: Ras I-Tom Sent: 3/6/2009 1:57:39 PM

Blessed love!

I and I sight that sex is a tool for a creation indeed. Sex is part of the natural order Selassie I established, so that we can reproduce ourselves. Creation was originally, and still is, the purpose of sex.

It is the west that teach the youth through the wicked media, that sex is a tool for satisfying the lusts of the flesh. Babylon always try to take what is sacred and use it for wickedness.

Haile I!

1 - 1011 - 2021 - 3031 - 35

Return to Reasoning List

RastafarI

Haile Selassie I