Use the drop-down boxes above to navigate through the Website  
Return to Reasoning List

Here is a link to this page:
http://www.jah-rastafari.com/forum/message-view.asp?message_group=3387&start_row=1

When strangers come to our villages

1 - 1011 - 17
Time Zone: EST (New York, Toronto)
Messenger: rootz Sent: 2/23/2009 2:04:29 AM

i got this topic from africaspeaks.com and it's by ras baba marcus. i just wanted to know what the i's think about this topic.

------------------------------------------------------------------
Posted by Ras Marcus
June 09, 2004

Greetings with much humble standing. There must be some kind of guide lines, as to who is qualified to be going around, calling themselves Ras this and Ras that, Empress this and Empress that, RAS and Empress are very dignified Titles, with great responsibilities and livity, for one to live up to, when one take on such title upon themselves.

The RASES AND EMPRESSES of the RASTAFARI movement, must work seriously to create social and economic advancement for the movement, so that the hungry can be fed, the sick nourished, the infants be cared for and the elders or aged be protected. This must be done so that we are self-sustained with the necessities of life, for to depend on the things produced by others, will not bring about self reliance and mental freeman.

When strangers come to our villages bearing gifts from time to time, these gifts may be accepted if our people are in desperate needs, and since gifts blind the eyes, the needs of our families may become the priorities, and very soon this stranger will be welcomed in our villages, and will also be smoking the peace pipe, and be talking the talk of RAstafari people, and before long, become the authority of the village, by using the regular tactics of divide and rule, it won't take long for there to be contention and division in the village.

The strangers whose fore fathers, raped, robbed and kidnapped our people from Mama Africa, can be useful in the great struggles for the liberation of African people, but they must be told what is their place in the struggle, their place in the struggle, is to accept the genuine truth, that their ancestors did and still is committing a grievous and criminal act against African humanity, and then they must work to correct this act as they live from day today. They cannot expect to come to our villages, and influence our sons and daughters to go to bed with them, which will eventually make them a part of our villages, the elders of our villages, should have the spiritual fore sight, to see when things are going in that direction and apply preventative measures, but if the elders of our villages, are living in poverty and needs, their eyes may very well be blinded, by the gifts which they continue to receive from these strangers, elders are human beings and they do make mistakes.

The point which I am trying to make, is that the Rastafari Movement has become a multicultural religious movement, instead of the African liberation movement which it use to be in the early days, and some of our own people are to be blamed for this international disaster. When strangers come to our villages, we must tell them what crimes their fathers committed against our people, and let them know that it is a serious violation, for them to even think of going to bed with our African man are woman.

It has been said that each nation upon this earth, must stay under their own vine and fig tree, if this is true, then India is for the Indians China for the Chinese, Europe for the Europeans and Africa for the Africans those at home and those abroad.

Finally, each of us as a person within the movement must create employment for ourselves and our collective African families, so that we can have money, to help to take care of our mothers, children and the entire African family at home and abroad. People CAN ALWAYS BELIEVE THAT THEY WILL FLY AWAY HOME TO ZION, but while we are waiting to fly away over these many, many years, we will still have the great need for food, clothing and shelter and other vital necessities of life, we are living in a very practical world.

Again I send many oceans of blessings and self determination.
ONE BLACK LOVE ONE BLACK HEART.
Baba Ras Marcus.
---------------------------------------------------------------------

ROOTS I FYAH!

Messenger: Ark I Sent: 2/24/2009 12:19:59 AM

-------------------------
Leviticus 19

[32] Thou shalt rise up before the hoary head, and honour the face of the old man, and fear thy God: I am the LORD.
[33] And if a stranger sojourn with thee in your land, ye shall not vex him.
[34] But the stranger that dwelleth with you shall be unto you as one born among you, and thou shalt love him as thyself; for ye were strangers in the land of Egypt: I am the LORD your God.
-------------------------

It is good to be cautious about strangers when they come around. But strangers shouldn't all be treated the same, just because they are strangers. Some who come around will be evil, and others will be righteous.

RasTafarI is not a multicultural religious movement. RasTafarI is a movement of the SoulJahs who are performing the judgements of the seals that were loosed and book opened by I and I Father, Jah RasTafarI Haile Selassie I. So I and I trod is most definitely Black Liberation, and it is also many other things. The Heavens and Earth are Selassie's and the fullness thereof.

And the real reason that RasTafarI spread throughout all Nations is because that is the Will of I and I Father Jah RasTafarI Haile Selassie I. Many people changed their views about other races when they started to Learn what Haile Selassie I teaches and the example He sets, and put that over what other's teach.

I also have a comment about something else he said,
--------------------------
When strangers come to our villages, we must tell them what crimes their fathers committed against our people
--------------------------

It is amazing to I that some people think that just because a person's skin is white, that automatically means that their forefather's enslaved Africans. They must think that every single nation of white people enslaved Africans. Some white nations had no part in slavery, and some white nations were enslaved and abused.

The main thing to say about this topic has been said by Haile Selassie I
---------------------
And we must look into ourselves, into the depth of our souls. We must become something we have never been and for which our education and experience and environment have ill-prepared us. We must become bigger than we have been: more courageous, greater in spirit, larger in outlook. We must become members of a new race, overcoming petty prejudice, owing our ultimate allegiance not to nations but to our fellow men within the human community.
---------------------

Ark I

Itinual Praises unto Jah RasTafarI Haile Selassie I Menen I

Messenger: ROOK FARI 7 Sent: 2/24/2009 9:53:47 AM

BLESSED LOVE MY LAWD AND EMPRESS
ISIAH 56

Thus saith the LORD, Keep ye judgment, and do justice: for my salvation is near to come, and my righteousness to be revealed.

2Blessed is the man that doeth this, and the son of man that layeth hold on it; that keepeth the sabbath from polluting it, and keepeth his hand from doing any evil.

3Neither let the son of the stranger, that hath joined himself to the LORD, speak, saying, The LORD hath utterly separated me from his people: neither let the eunuch say, Behold, I am a dry tree.

4For thus saith the LORD unto the eunuchs that keep my sabbaths, and choose the things that please me, and take hold of my covenant;

5Even unto them will I give in mine house and within my walls a place and a name better than of sons and of daughters: I will give them an everlasting name, that shall not be cut off.

6Also the sons of the stranger, that join themselves to the LORD, to serve him, and to love the name of the LORD, to be his servants, every one that keepeth the sabbath from polluting it, and taketh hold of my covenant;

7Even them will I bring to my holy mountain, and make them joyful in my house of prayer: their burnt offerings and their sacrifices shall be accepted upon mine altar; for mine house shall be called an house of prayer for all people.
@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@
...When strangers come to our villages, we must tell them what crimes their fathers committed against our people, and let them know that it is a serious violation, for them to even think of going to bed with our African man are woman.
@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@
NOW THAT IS TOUCHY,BECAUSE CAUSE I KNOW WHO MY PEOPLE ARE AND WHAT THEYVE DONE ... WHEN THEY CAME TO NEW YORK AND VIRGINIA ,AND THAT IS WORK HARD VERY HARD...AND MY GREAT GRANDFATHER NEVER RAPED MY GREAT GRANDMOTHER THEY WAS IN A THING CALLED LOVE..ALSO MY CHILDREN ARE VERY GOOD LOOKING BECAUSE OF THAT LOVE GIVE THANKS..

SIGHT 7 WORDS OF LOVE GOD IS LOVE LET US ALL LOVE

Messenger: SunofMan Sent: 2/24/2009 10:56:00 AM

Greetings...

"It is amazing to I that some people think that just because a person's skin is white, that automatically means that their forefather's enslaved Africans. They must think that every single nation of white people enslaved Africans. Some white nations had no part in slavery, and some white nations were enslaved and abused"

Ark I I'm not trying to pick on the I, however, this statement gets made a lot and it causes a great deal of pain. While some "white" nations did not directly participate in slavery/colonization, I don't think there is any record of one of them that spoke out, as a nation, against the practice. Today all "white" nations continue to profit from what has and continues to happen. The issue goes much much deeper.

Selam

Messenger: SunofMan Sent: 2/24/2009 10:59:14 AM

also...His Majesty is speaking about that which we much BECOME, and not what we've been existing as. I'm not saying that there don't exist Ones who have "become" something other than that which they were, but His Majesty's statement does speak of a change within.

Selam

Messenger: Ark I Sent: 2/24/2009 11:17:20 AM

I also never heard of a black nation speak out during that time period against the enslavement of a white nation, but that doesn't cause I to group them together with the slave masters or call them children of slave masters.

It is one thing to talk about the benefits that white people in general get in a society dominated by some white nations. But it is a different thing to accuse all white people of slavery when that was not true for all white people in any given nation and is also not true of all white nations.

Those kind of statements just come out of a person's unjustified prejudice and ignorance.

And in regards to your statement about Selassie I saying that, that is something which we must become. So what are you saying, because it is something we must become, then that gives every excuse for people today who are not? That statement of yours makes no sense.

People say similar things about Selassie I speech about war, because Selassie I say until. Do people really think that Selassie I was telling people, continue to be prejudice and be against other nations until the day that those things come to pass? Do people not realize that those days will never come to pass while people are still holding on to the things that Selassie I say until about. Those kinds of statements are such foolishness, people should Learn to Live according to Selassie I teachings and example, instead of making excuses for themselves to excuse theirself from Selassie I teachings and example.

Ark I

Messenger: ROOK FARI 7 Sent: 2/24/2009 11:31:51 AM

I ALSO WOULD LIKE TO KNOW IF A WHITE PERSON WHOS NATION DID OWN SLAVES OR KILLED NATIVES OR COMMIT ANY SUCH AUTROSITIES,
DID APOLOGIZE ON INTERNATIONAL TV, WOULD IT MATTER TO THE WORLD? OR WOULD U NEED A WHOLE NATION OF WHITES, TO STEP UP AND DO SO?
FURTHER MORE APOLOGY OR NOT.. REPERATIONS ARE DUE FROM THE QUEEN.. AND WORDS CANNNOT HELP THAT MATTER .
LETS NOT FORGET .MY FAMILY ISNT THE ONLY PEOPLE WHO CAME TO AMERICA LATE. IN SEARCH OF A SO CALLED DREAM, OF A PROMISE LAND PEOPLE FROM EVERYWHERE ARE STILL COMING HERE LOOKIN JUSS THAT..
I DONT THINK A BLACKSMITH IN 1931.. FROM IRELAND CAME HERE THINKIN HEY ILL GO BY ME A SLAVE BOAT AND BRING AFRICANS TO SOUTH CAROLINA..
IM NOT TRYIN TO BE INSENSITIVE..JUSS TRYIN TO MAKE A VALID POINT
I AM ONE WHO STUDIED EXTENSIVLY ON THE WHOLE AFRICAN HOLOCOST AND I TEACH MY CHILDREN, ABOUT THE GREATEST CRIME... EVER COMMITTED, AGAINST HUMANITY..
BUT THEY ALSO HAVE TO KNOW... THAT NOT EVERY ONE THEY SEE WITH WHITE SKIN.. DID COMMIT THESE CRIMES NOR,DID EVERY ONE COME TO AMERICA AT THE SAME TIME..
I CANT HELP THAT THE COUNTRY THEY CAME LOOKIN THAT PROMISE WAS BUILT ON THE BLACK MANS BACK ..AT WAS GOING ON BEFORE AND AFTER DIFFERENT PEOPLE REACHED HERE..
ARABS.EAST. INDIANS.AFRICANS.
AND EVERY ONE IN THE WORLD COMES HERE RIGHT NOW TODAY
TAKIN ADVANTAGE OF SHITSTEM BUILT ON THE BLACKMAN AND WOMAN SHOULDERS..SO EVERY ONE OWES THE FAMILIES OF THOSE SLVES
EVERYONE HERE
INAMERICA AND BRITTIAN IDONT KNOW WAT THEY OWE ....BUT THEY OWE ...WEATHER IT BE SYMPATHY ,MONEY, APOLOGY, PRAISE,.
I DONT KNOW
BUT PUT THE REAL BLAME WHERE IT BELONGS THOSE CRACKERS THAT SLAVED THE PEOPLE..
HERES A
MAN WHO OWED APOLOGY

Messenger: SunofMan Sent: 2/24/2009 3:47:45 PM

I think Australia did make a public apology to Aboriginal peoples, a few years ago...although that is barely scratching the surface of what they owe.

ArkI, are you really serious about

"I also never heard of a black nation speak out during that time period against the enslavement of a white nation, but that doesn't cause I to group them together with the slave masters or call them children of slave masters."

That was insane...you should pause to think...

My comment in regard to His Majesty saying that which me must become is clear. There were, and still are, many at that time who were not what they should have been, so there is a need to tell them they must become more. To say that some "white" nations are, or were, not complicit in the practice of slavery implied that there are or were some nations that needn't become. Is that what you meant? if not, then clarify...I did not say anything which disagreed with the last portion of your last post, perhaps you misinterpreted what I was saying, no?

Selam

Messenger: Ark I Sent: 2/24/2009 4:48:10 PM

Maybe I did misunderstand what the I was saying about Selassie I's statement

In regards to when I said
---------------------
I also never heard of a black nation speak out during that time period against the enslavement of a white nation, but that doesn't cause I to group them together with the slave masters or call them children of slave masters.
---------------------

The reason I made that statement is because just because a white nation didn't speak out against slavery doesn't mean that they supported it. Some nations were enslaved themselves, so were not in a position to speak out against the enslavement of other people.

I don't Iverstand what is so insane about that statement. Is it because you see a difference between a white nation speaking out against another white nation who is enslaving black people, compared to a black nation speaking out against for example an Arabian nation enslaving a white nation. I don't see a difference, all of I and I are children of Jah, so why does the colour of a person's skin make them any more or less responsible to speak out against what another nation does. The only way there is a difference is if you are grouping all white people together with the white slave master nations, solely based on the colour of their skin.

Ark I

Messenger: Ark I Sent: 2/25/2009 12:09:03 AM

SunofMan, in regards to this,
---------------------------
My comment in regard to His Majesty saying that which me must become is clear. There were, and still are, many at that time who were not what they should have been, so there is a need to tell them they must become more. To say that some "white" nations are, or were, not complicit in the practice of slavery implied that there are or were some nations that needn't become. Is that what you meant?
---------------------------

What kind of thing are you trying to say SunofMan? Did you read Selassie I words? What could possible make you think that I was implying that. How would the fact that a white nation did not participate in the enslavement of Africans mean that they "needn't become" as the I put it.

I will repeat what Selassie I said,
---------------------
And we must look into ourselves, into the depth of our souls. We must become something we have never been and for which our education and experience and environment have ill-prepared us. We must become bigger than we have been: more courageous, greater in spirit, larger in outlook. We must become members of a new race, overcoming petty prejudice, owing our ultimate allegiance not to nations but to our fellow men within the human community.
---------------------

Pretty much everybody needs to Learn from that statement.

Most people whether or not they or their ancestors dealt with slavery, are still holding on to petty prejudice, and are still owing there ultimate allegiance to nations instead of to their fellow men within the human community.

That is what I was implying when I showed that quote from Selassie I.

Ark I

1 - 1011 - 17

Return to Reasoning List

RastafarI

Haile Selassie I