Use the drop-down boxes above to navigate through the Website  
Return to Reasoning List

Here is a link to this page:
http://www.jah-rastafari.com/forum/message-view.asp?message_group=3376&start_row=21

Is smoking a defilement?

1 - 1011 - 2021
Time Zone: EST (New York, Toronto)
Messenger: Ark I Sent: 2/20/2009 12:20:41 AM

I-Tom,

I will reason about your question, but first I will quickly mention a couple of things. Even though the THC is fat soluble, it still works very well in tea. The oils run through the water just fine. A vapourizer is also a great way to use herb. I still smoke Ganja, but more of the time I use the steam chalice, and I have definitely noticed an improvement in my lungs since I have been using it. It is interesting how it works, here is a post I made that explains how it works and some other things about it.

Steam Chalice

In regards to the I question about defilement. I guess that would depend on what exactly you mean by that word. If the I meant defiling in a sense of defiling your Spirit, then I would say no, Ganja doesn't defile your Spirit, even if smoked, it is a useful herb for I and I Irits.

The I was talking about it maybe being defilement because it can irritate the lungs, which are meant for breathing. The lungs might also be meant for taking in other substances in addition to just oxygen. From the different scents of nature that are taken into the lungs and enter the blood stream, to even the smoke of certain herbs, that I and I breath, or the steam I and I breath.

Humans have been breathing in smoke, whether from a herbs on a fire, or herbs in a spliff or pipe for centuries. That doesn't necessarily mean that it is something I and I are supposed to do, but it is also not necessarily something I and I are not supposed to do.

I think it is important to listen to our bodies when it is telling I and I that something is wrong. I and I have all the different senses to guide and warn I and I while trodding through Creation. After years of ignoring one of I senses, that told I that I was smoking too much, I finally decided to smoke less, and use the steam chalice, or ingest it instead. It didn't bother I while I was smoking it before, I just noticed at other times that I lungs didn't feel as good as they should. But I still enjoy smoking it, and it doesn't bother I anymore when I do smoke it because I lungs are stronger.

As I said, I think it is important to listen to the senses of our body, but that doesn't necessarily mean stopping something that bothers a sense or two. For example, your tongue rejects the taste of bitter herbs, but they are still good for you. Our bodies react to hot pepper, but this is also good for you (as long as you don't have a weakness that hot pepper would be bad for). The only way our muscles can get stronger is if we damage them. I don't mean damaging them to a level that works against growth and strength, but when we work our muscles, they get very small tears throughout the muscle, and our body heals the tears and builds extra muscle, so that it can handle the stress the next time. There are many similar examples within us and in nature where something that seems like destruction or irritation, is actually good for us or nature.

People must do what they should according to their structure. So some might choose to stop smoking Ganja, others may choose to smoke less, and other may choose to smoke more.

Ark I

Itinual Praises unto Jah RasTafarI Haile Selassie I Menen I

1 - 1011 - 2021

Return to Reasoning List

RastafarI

Haile Selassie I