Use the drop-down boxes above to navigate through the Website  
Return to Reasoning List

Here is a link to this page:
http://www.jah-rastafari.com/forum/message-view.asp?message_group=3358&start_row=21

God and evil

1 - 1011 - 2021 - 3031 - 34
Time Zone: EST (New York, Toronto)
Messenger: Arkon I Sent: 2/1/2009 6:52:31 AM

So can I say that evil is a substance - just like Emunah (the TRUTH)? If yes - We can't let evil dominate I and I.

Blessed

Messenger: Ras I-Tom Sent: 2/1/2009 8:44:28 AM

Greetings I Idren and I Sistren. Blessed be the name of the Most High Jah RasTafarI.

I and I just fiished watching a documentary on Kabbalah and the Zohar, which I and I found very interesting.

In the Zohar it states that when we do good we nurture God's goodness; we influence God to act to do good in our lives when we do good. Good deeds increase God's power on earth.

Likewise when humanity does evil we influence the cosmis evil.

I and I just thought this had relevance to this topic of reasoning, and would like to sight the I's views on this.

RasTafarI

Ras I-Tom

Messenger: Arkon I Sent: 2/1/2009 11:34:47 AM

Ka-ballah is ancient science about cosmos - the universe. It is ancient astrology and astronomy. Some call astrology a sin, because it is forbidden in the Bible to "read stars". In my opinion it is the same thing as Karma - You do good, You will recieve good 2times more. You do bad, You will recieve bad 2times more.

Blessed Love

Messenger: Ras I-Tom Sent: 2/1/2009 1:18:59 PM

Arkon I, Kabbalah is not astrology. And where you got the idea that it is like Karma I have no idea.
Do not speak as if you know something unless you really do.

Just because I watched a documentary about the Kaballah does not mean I had no previous knowledge of it. I know that what you stated about Kaballah is not true at all.

What you stated has nothing to do with why I brought the kaballah into the reasoning either. I brought forward this teaching from the Zohar to see what the I's view on this, as I hapenned to see a documentary on this today.

Ras TafarI

Messenger: Arkon I Sent: 2/1/2009 2:32:22 PM

Don't take it so personally, brother. The thing, that I was trying to say is that it is natural order in the world. If You do good - good will come back to You. It is the same as "If You do good, God is mobilized to good".

And about Astrology - Ka-Ballah is ALSO an astrology. Mainly it is SCIENCE - it is about Overstanding natural order. Astrology is part of natural order - so why did You take it so personally?

Messenger: Ras KebreAB Sent: 2/1/2009 2:36:30 PM

Blessed

Ark I, well perhaps the i is right, although i am not so sure, i have to iditate more on this

The reason why i am willing to go along with your reasoning,for now, is because, in the first part of the quote it says
"I form the light,and create darkness"
and this implies that it is talking about opposites, i,e, light and dark
so if we take the next line as two opposites, "I make peace and create evil", then evil would be the opposite of peace which would be war.

But then the question has to be asked, if they wanted to mean war and destruction, then why not just say war?
I mean, it does say in another instance that "In righteousness He doth make war"....................so why say evil here?

In another line of thought, it could be said, that this passage is not meant to be taken literaly at all, but it may be an abstract line meant to demonstrate that God is the fullness of all things, there is nothing created which is not His creation.

It is said that if you enter into a freemason temple in any part of the world,you will see that the floor is designed in a pattern of equal sized black and white squares. This is meant to signify their concept that God is both evil and good.
Once i was wondering about the satanists of this world, and i thought, why would any person in his right mind want to be a satanist. I mean, if satan is everything that is bad and evil,why would anyone want to follow him.Because at the end of the day, i dont care who might be, we all want good. We all want to live good, we all want good for our children, we want to eat good, etc, so why choose to be a satanist.
It was later that i overstood their concept.To them, the true God is both Lucifer, God in his light form, and Satan,God in his dark form.God was both these things at the same time, good and evil.

Why am i talking about the wicked? Because i want i idren to becareful when they reason out these things for themselves.
I will leave it at that.

Rastafari Bless

Messenger: Ras KebreAB Sent: 2/1/2009 2:57:30 PM

Can it tell the i them something about I Father

Jah is Unfathomable,incomprehensable to the feeble human mind.
And yet, He is simplicity itself.

Great is ini God and King

Emperor Haile I Selassie Jah Rastafari King Alpha Queen Omega

Messenger: Ras I-Tom Sent: 2/1/2009 3:26:33 PM

Arkon I, I was not taking what the I said personally, I was simply correcting the I. I overstand now why you wrote that it is like Karma however. I and I do not sight Kabbalah as astrology. Kabbalistic thougt has been used by early scientists, however ancient Kabbalah is about understanding the hidden knowledge within the scriptures, as the Kabbalists believe there is ancient knowledge to be decoded from the Hebrew scriptures, and the Zohar is used to aid in this understanding of the ancient knowledge which enables them have a better understanding of God.

Ras KebreAB, it is true, we must be aware of the concepts of the wicked so that we know when we come to one of those concepts in our thoughts, that it is a concept of the wicked.

The I also said
-----------
Jah is Unfathomable,incomprehensable to the feeble human mind.
And yet, He is simplicity itself.
----------------

True word sound I, power.
I and I sight that there is an aspect of Jah which is revealed to humanity, and there is also an aspect of Jah which our minds cannot even begin to comprehend, as we are finite, and Jah RasTafarI is infinite.

The Creator will always be greater than the creation.

Ras TafarI

Ras I-Tom

Messenger: Ark I Sent: 2/1/2009 5:31:50 PM

Ras KebreAB,

It might not be so much that they used the word evil instead of war or destruction, but that when the word evil is used, it is meant to describe something which is bad. So death, destruction and any other negative thing might be considered evil.

In the reasoning I made before, I spoke of evil as imbalance. But maybe when evil is being refered to in those instances of the bible, it is not talking about imbalance, but just one part of the balance. good and evil, building and destroying, peace and war.

When war stops a wicked army who is trying to control and abuse others, I don't consider the war evil, because it is bringing things into balance, so that is why it sometimes speaks of Jah giving strength to an army to fight, so that they can stop the wicked and restore balance. But that is just because of the way I look at evil, but some may look at any war or any destruction as evil.

There are many possible definitions for evil.
1. morally wrong or bad; immoral; wicked: evil deeds; an evil life.
2. harmful; injurious: evil laws.
3. characterized or accompanied by misfortune or suffering; unfortunate; disastrous: to be fallen on evil days.
4. due to actual or imputed bad conduct or character: an evil reputation.
5. marked by anger, irritability, irascibility, etc.: He is known for his evil disposition.
–noun
6. that which is evil; evil quality, intention, or conduct: to choose the lesser of two evils.
7. the force in nature that governs and gives rise to wickedness and sin.
8. the wicked or immoral part of someone or something: The evil in his nature has destroyed the good.
9. harm; mischief; misfortune: to wish one evil.
10. anything causing injury or harm: Tobacco is considered by some to be an evil.
11. a harmful aspect, effect, or consequence: the evils of alcohol.
12. a disease, as king's evil.
–adverb
13. in an evil manner; badly; ill: It went evil with him.
—Idiom
14. the evil one, the devil; Satan.

So maybe when something like the devil only deals with destruction and hurt, then they are fully evil, so they are called evil. So evil can be used to describe a direction, but also to describe reaching the extreme of that direction.

Ark I

Itinual Praises unto Jah RasTafarI Haile Selassie I Menen I

Messenger: Yaa Asantewa Sent: 2/2/2009 9:58:56 AM

heart of love.

I apprecilove the reasoning.

What is 'evil'?

1 - 1011 - 2021 - 3031 - 34

Return to Reasoning List

RastafarI

Haile Selassie I