Use the drop-down boxes above to navigate through the Website  
Return to Reasoning List

Here is a link to this page:
http://www.jah-rastafari.com/forum/message-view.asp?message_group=3358&start_row=11

God and evil

1 - 1011 - 2021 - 3031 - 34
Time Zone: EST (New York, Toronto)
Messenger: Arkon I Sent: 1/30/2009 6:17:20 PM

Evil borns in a mind of human being. It is the human that want to take something from other person - and that is the thing that we call 'evil'. Evil wouldn't exist if a man would have everything - also 'having everything' leads to a death of a "modern man". That's why ancient ancestry teach I to have only what I need to live and to make I happy (so not much at all).

Blessed!

Messenger: Eleazar1234 Sent: 1/30/2009 7:11:17 PM

My opinion has always been,

When people go astray from the commandments of JAH, JAH allows evil to happen to them. Or when people become extremely wicked, JAH destroys them, like with Sodom and Gommorah.

Would the destruction of Sodom and Gommorah be considered evil? I don't think so, because Sodom and Gommorah was full of wickedness.

But there is NO EVIL in JAH RASTAFARI. JAH IS GOODNESS AND LIGHT.

Messenger: IIESI Sent: 1/31/2009 6:46:25 AM

Great Reasoning!

Jah show us well the raise of thougts!
If we take the Ible litarally we have to see that God does not only allow evil, HE even creates it to teach the sons if Israel and bring them forward (Canaan). Remember the many wars you can find in the old testament. The Jews, accepting the old testament believe in a raging God. The Christians proclaim to be one step forward. They say, that Jesus died for all the sins of mankind, so that they no have to fear God no more. Jesus teached the heathen and broke the corn on sabbath. He was breaking the rules and teaching the word of the father. Christ told the children not to be narrow-minded. The Pharisees saw that he is right and feared to loose their power, so they tried to fight Him down. But Jesus still followed his destiny and did not stop teaching the word of God, though he knew what it will bring. He showed us how to follow the path JAH planned for us without fear!
Selassie I RastafarI showed us a perfect example. HIM live the Teachings of Christ and reward evil and callousness brought against HIM with love, loyalty and forgiveness. HIM love the Ible saying:

"Come unto Me, all ye that labour and are heavy laden, and I will give you rest" who can resist an invitation so full of compassion?
[...]
Today man sees all his hopes and aspirations crumbling before him. He is perplexed and knows not whither he is drifting. But he must realise that the Bible is his refuge, and the rallying point for all humanity. In it man will find the solution of his present difficulties and guidance for his future action, and unless he accepts with clear conscience the Bible and its great Message, he cannot hope for salvation. For my part I glory in the Bible.

RasTafarI shows I&I that it is possible to follow the commandments and live a perfect good life. Still it is not a peaceful life as long as there are those who close their eyes for JAH salvation and ONE LOVE.

Selah

Messenger: Ras I-Tom Sent: 1/31/2009 6:58:31 AM

Christ broke the sabbath rules of the high priests to show the people that they should focus more on their livity rather than man made rules. When we rest on the sabbath I and I should remeber the Lord of the Sabbath. The hgh priests and pharises focus shifted from the Lord of the Sabbath to the man made rules of the sabbath.

Sanbet Salam!

RasTafarI is the Lord of the Sabbath.

Ras I-Tom

Messenger: SunofMan Sent: 1/31/2009 10:57:20 AM

Greetings...

Here's a reasoning One's might find useful, or not, but either way, One's should reason with themSelves on what it means to have a creator that is Omnipotent.

Evil in the Omnipotent Creator of Good

Selam

Messenger: Ras KebreAB Sent: 1/31/2009 2:27:29 PM

Blessed I

A little more clarification on i question. It should not be confused with the idea of "punishment".

InI do not forget that God is not only the embodiment of goodness and mercy,love and kindness, but also of Judgement. That is clear.
That is not what my question is about.

Messenger: Ark I Sent: 1/31/2009 4:26:06 PM

When I mentioned that I wondered about the translation is because I wonder if they are using the word evil to define destruction.

In the Root of Evil reasoning I said,

------------------
we have been given the ability to build and destroy. These abilities are not evil, but are there to promote Life. What is evil is when building and destroying get out of balance and work against Life, so things are built that shouldn't be built and things are destroyed that shouldn't be destroyed. Jah doesn't want I and I to only do good because we have no choice. Jah is developing a Perfect Creation that will choose righteousness, not because they were programmed to choose righteousness, but because they have risen up within themself and have chosen good over evil.
------------------

In the verse from the Bible that I put up before, the Creator was going to destroy Israel for their wickedness, but then decided not to do it after Moses pleaded with Him. So it looks like when evil was written, it maybe should have been destruction.

So if a person considers the definition of evil as any destruction, or similar things that occur, then they could say that God did evil. But if they define evil as I do, where "evil is when building and destroying get out of balance and work against Life", then I would say the the Creator will never do that, because whatever the Creator destroys, is for the Itinueing of the Life.

Ark I

Itinual Praises unto Jah RasTafarI Haile Selassie I Menen I

Messenger: wahdahdah Sent: 1/31/2009 5:16:11 PM

BLESSED LOVE OH JAH RASTAFARI
YES I ARK I, I sight what the I is saying. It is exactly that. What apears to be evil is only a form of destruction that is the natural process in LIFE. The building up and tearing down of Form. Christ was refering to this when he talked about the "temple being Destroyed and Rebuilt. In JAH creation what apears to be an "evil by JAH is man's interpretation of something that may look or feel evil to man but in JAH PLAN it is only for the sake of CREATING a perfect manifestation. There must be the death of the catapillar before the butterfly can manifest it'self. The destruction is very impersonal too, man puts emotion into it and calls it good or evil, in Reality it is just LIFE. The catapillar does not stop and say "oh, my it is not fair it is bad or evil that i must die in order for i to turn into a butterfly." It goes with JAH plan, there is no free will there. Man sees pain and suffering and collective wrong doings as "evil" when in fact it is just the conditions changing and or being destroyed in order for another form or condition to be made manifest. The catapillar in reality does not die it only transforms into another form. Same Life, just a destruction and manifestation of form. Life is eternal.
Selassie I is made manifest in this time. H.I.M. is eternal. Many see him not yet he stands before us all in his Glory. it is through the proper conditions that man will see H.I.M. Like that of a Flame. It is like planting a crop Every condition must be perfect for the seed to sprout into its full potential or true manifestation. The same eternal conciousness of the apple exist within the seed as in the apple or tree, the soil the water, the sun and so on. JAH is the Life. Man will always do his best to interpret JAH Plan but when seperation occurs man is destined to see JAH doing "good or evil" and not just seeing JAH DOING JAH WORK.
Selassie I Live
wadahdah

Messenger: Ras KebreAB Sent: 1/31/2009 8:49:14 PM

Ark I, when it comes to the bible verse that the i put up, then yes, i completely overs and agree with your whole reasoning.

But can we apply that same reasoning to the bible passage that i put up? I do not think so, especially the one from Isaiah. It is especially for that quote that i need everyone to reason on.

Jah Rastafari Liveth

Messenger: Ark I Sent: 1/31/2009 10:30:19 PM

Even in the quote that the I put up.

"I make peace, and create evil:"

It could be that evil was meant as war or destruction.

Ark I

Itinual Praises unto Jah RasTafarI Haile Selassie I Menen I

1 - 1011 - 2021 - 3031 - 34

Return to Reasoning List

RastafarI

Haile Selassie I