Use the drop-down boxes above to navigate through the Website  
Return to Reasoning List

Here is a link to this page:
http://www.jah-rastafari.com/forum/message-view.asp?message_group=3358&start_row=1

God and evil

1 - 1011 - 2021 - 3031 - 34
Time Zone: EST (New York, Toronto)
Messenger: Ras KebreAB Sent: 1/29/2009 2:40:05 PM

Does God perform evil?

why

Messenger: Ras I-Tom Sent: 1/29/2009 7:10:07 PM

There is no evil where Selassie I dwelleth, just pure righteousness.
Some (not directed at anyone; I and I overstand the I posted this as simply a subject to be raised) may doubt Selassie I and say such things as this, but they must rest assured through faith in HIM. Jah RasTafarI plan is pure perfection.

A bredrin was telling I and I of an analogy which I and I sight is a good way of explaining. It is like a painter painting a painting on a canvas; he may lay one stroke and some may not like how it looks, and one may question the painter, but they do not know how it will look at the end. Only the painter who painted the painting knows how it will look at the end. It is when the people reflect on the finished painting in the future, and realize why the painter lay these strokes.

People murder, and downpress today; but this is not Jah will, this is mankind's free will.
This is what Adam and Eve wanted, and this is what Jah RasTafarI gave. There will be evil in the world until Selassie I return to bring judgment on all the earth, however none of that evil is Jah will. Jah may allow certain things to happen, but that is not Jah will.
Jah RasTafarI is the Most Holy I, whom conquers all evil.

Jah is not evil, there is no evil where Jah dwell on HIM Most Holy Hill of Mount Zion, where the Ingels sing praise unto The Creator of the Heavans and the Earth, Jah RasTafarI.

Let us look to Zion where there is eternal peace and righteousness. Oh Selassie I Jah RasTafarI

Ras I-Tom

Messenger: Ras power Sent: 1/29/2009 9:39:26 PM

jah don't perform evil, he allows it to happen. that a lesson would be learned, ether from the one who face it or by those who look on.

the bible teach that evil happens when we leave the commandment of jah and follow our own way. the is no darkness in light

blessed love

Messenger: Ark I Sent: 1/29/2009 9:58:28 PM

I guess it depends on the definition of evil when people say the world evil.

By the definition of evil that I see, I would say that God never has and never will do evil, because with the Creator, everything is in balance.

But with the definition used when the word evil was used below, it is possible. But I bet that the the use of it below was a translation that isn't completely accurate.

Exodus 32
[11] And Moses besought the LORD his God, and said, LORD, why doth thy wrath wax hot against thy people, which thou hast brought forth out of the land of Egypt with great power, and with a mighty hand?
[12] Wherefore should the Egyptians speak, and say, For mischief did he bring them out, to slay them in the mountains, and to consume them from the face of the earth? Turn from thy fierce wrath, and repent of this evil against thy people.
[13] Remember Abraham, Isaac, and Israel, thy servants, to whom thou swarest by thine own self, and saidst unto them, I will multiply your seed as the stars of heaven, and all this land that I have spoken of will I give unto your seed, and they shall inherit it for ever.
[14] And the LORD repented of the evil which he thought to do unto his people.

Ark I

Itinual Praises unto Jah RasTafarI Haile Selassie I Menen I

Messenger: wahdahdah Sent: 1/30/2009 1:24:23 AM

Yes RASTAFARI
I resonet on the same vibes as each Idren have spoke hear. When a person seperate themself from JAH with free will there conditioned mind that is driven by the past or future compulsive in their thinking become in a way insane. Stuck in their own thoughts wich again become conditioned from past and future trips creates the atmosphere that one could view as "evil". It is only seen as evil because there is it's polor oposite wich is viewed as good. When in fact since there is but ONE true Power "JAH" all else si "mental" Power or just plain Ilusions. The mind away from the ONE is in fact in and of it'self left Insane. Mental Slavery is based on Past and Future. The Only Time ONE can LIVE is "NOW" JAH TIME is NOW, not yesterday or tomarrow. They are not real they exsist only in the mind. A pperson attatches thier Identity to those Past and Future thoughts, DEAD in the Moment. Not Alive. As Christ said HEAVEN IS IN THE MIDST OF US. not tomarrow or yesterday. Those are made by the Flesh, Time does not exsist in Reality. TODAY is TODAY. Right Now is Right Now. EVIL can not OCCUR Except through the past or Future. Every Present Moment is Perfect. No sin can get in to the Present Moment. It is True. It is Our Mind that judges the Moment as good or Evil, I&I have seperated Iself from the Living moment when I stop and think how that Last moment went or how the next moment will go. Perhaps at present a person is being robbed. The mind will then think, that was bad or that person must be evil because of past experiences that may have felt unpleasant. But that is the Mind Identifying with past experiences and Lableing it So, Conditioning of the mind is what is happening. Instead of realizing It is the identification of the mind and the mind has termed it evil. Also as another Ras said what the mind or flesh thinks is "evil" that Jah let's happen, it is the limited interpretation of the Finite mind. I am not talking about the Infinite mind that All Living things have Access to. It is only the Unconcious mind I am referring to. the Mind that can only exsist in it's own futile thoughts. The Insanity it creates could be considered as evil. It is also a collective unconscious finite mind that forms Insane governments and movements that create collective insane decisions that can also apear to be evil. JAH Is. What apears to be good or evil is only the minds interpretation of the event. Life is Life, Seperation from that creates all Ilusions. Everything will Pass Except JAH and that is happening as I speak. I&I words are not even able to express what the Essence of JAH, I words are only a sighn post. I&I can talk about Honey but ONE must Taste Honey to EXPERIENCE what HONEY is. The passage from Exodus Ark I stated is what Moses was interpreting as Evil. Only JAH knows why things happen the way they happen sometimes. It is like suffering, Suffering could be looked at as good or bad but is is niether, suffering occurs so a person can find Joy. At the End of Suffering is Peace. When One no longer Suffers than JOY occurs. so Suffering and Joy could be looked at as One, not the polar opposite. negative or possitive. Woman experiences much so called pain durring the birth of a child. Yet at the end the pain gives way to birth. The suffering is a part of flesh which will burn away and lead to JAH Love and Peace. If every moment was forgiven their would be no need for suffering. CONCIOUSNESS would exsist within the body and the Transparent self would allow the Spirit of the MOST HIGH to SHINE THROUGH. Light as a FEATHER or HEAVY as Lead it is up to each person which they would rather. So I am sure JAH does no evil. lol. Forgiveness and Acceptance I&I feel is the way I can Remain One with JAH there for sin can not enter. Sin being the Insanity of I finite thinking.
SELASSIE I LIVE
wahdahdah

Messenger: RasRanga Sent: 1/30/2009 3:03:19 AM

I agree with Ark I, ones definition of evil is what will bring one to question whether God does evil or not. The truth is everything is in perfect balance indeed. God is love and is of love therefore his will is not to perform evil but to do good and bring all of mankind to the knowledge of truth.

If God is truly the I's light and guider, then there is no way He would lead the I to places where I am subject to evil. When I see that happening, I know it either has a purpose for happening and I just have to reason out why or it wasnt the creator who led I down that path in the first place but I's own carnal mind.

Idren of the most high, see evil happening in the world, yes, but do not be a part of it because ye are not of this physical world. InI life is in the irit of the irator.

Blessed love Ras TafarI

Messenger: Ras KebreAB Sent: 1/30/2009 3:50:54 PM

Greetings i idren

GIve thanks for the reasonings, still though, i have just skimmed through them, i will read it properly in a little bit

For now,i want to say, to explain a little why i asked the question.
My whole concept of God is formed by the exempelary life that I God and King Live. And this shows i without doubt, Jah doesnt perform no evil thing.

It is interesting that Ark I spoke about mistranslation, because that is the thing, my question is primarily directed to those who believe that the Ible is literally the word of God. And if you believe that, then you will have to admit that yes, God does perform evil things. Or, like some, you can try to take the middle ground and say, God only allows evil to happen, but truth be told, the Ible is pretty clear about it. Infact, not only does the Ible say that God does evil but it seems to imply that he does all evil

I am not good with remembering passage numbers and such, but i know atleast two instances where the Ible attributes evil to God, and i do remember that one instance is in Isiah.
Let me open i ible.....i will be right back

Messenger: Ras KebreAB Sent: 1/30/2009 3:54:34 PM

Yes I, As the book of Isaiah 45, says

"That they may know from the rising of the sun, and from the west, that there is none beside me. I am the LORD, and there is none else.
I form the light, and create darkness: I make peace, and create evil: I the LORD do all these things."

Ill be back with the other instance that i remember

Messenger: Ras KebreAB Sent: 1/30/2009 4:00:40 PM

And this in Amos 3 is a bit curious

"Shall a trumpet be blown in the city, and the people not be afraid? shall there be evil in a city, and the LORD hath not done it?"

Messenger: Ras I-Tom Sent: 1/30/2009 5:57:21 PM

Interestig Ras KebreAB. I and I am intersting to see the reasonings that reasonate regarding to what the I posted about the bible stating God does evil.

Iman personally do not nate the bible literally at all times. Iman also sight that there can be mistranslations. If one looks at the Hebrew one can interpret this in many different ways. And even before the Masoretic text, there was even more room for different interpretations, when the text was without the vowels, break and punctuation.

I and I sight that at the end of the day it is the message from within the text which we must seek; not the text it's self. The same teachings within the text can be obtained without the text, but through the Irit.

It is hard to know today which parts of the bible are accurate, unless we study the scriptures in their original language. So Iman sght that I and I must be lead by the Irits and through the Irits we will obtain the teachings from the text. It is the word of Jah that inspire the people to write the text. The word of Jah is the word of Jah, whether it come through studying the bible or through the Irits.

However I and I rest assured that when I and I read HIM autobiography and HIM words, that I and I read the words of God.

Ises unto the life giver and life sustainer, Haile Selassie I Jah RasTafarI

1 - 1011 - 2021 - 3031 - 34

Return to Reasoning List

RastafarI

Haile Selassie I