Use the drop-down boxes above to navigate through the Website  
Return to Reasoning List

Here is a link to this page:
http://www.jah-rastafari.com/forum/message-view.asp?message_group=3290&start_row=91

BLACK RASTA. TRUE RASTA

1 - 1011 - 2021 - 3031 - 4041 - 5051 - 6061 - 7071 - 8081 - 9091 - 100
101 - 109
Time Zone: EST (New York, Toronto)
Messenger: Sheba.. Sent: 5/10/2009 6:03:04 AM

greetings Ark I.....

I probably didn't make Iself clear in the last post....

I am not a follower any one but The Most High...I do listen to teachers who I feel is talking sence,but upon listening to their words I always have H.I.M words echoing in I head....

The I is deffinately talking sence wid di molestation side...true I live in england I have obviously heard some next version of what did really happen....raspect pon enlightening I Ark I......

and apologies to the I's for even mentioning that fallen angel's name......

blessed
peace and love

Messenger: SunofMan Sent: 5/10/2009 2:26:42 PM

Greetings...

Elijah, I would recommend that serious attention is given to Yaa's post. She was not speaking solely out of anger, but putting yer words in their proper place. Some of what you said was way off. Just to point out One thing in particular:

"I was just thinking about one thing, if I move down to Africa, and I stay there with I white skinned empress, as I am and we will be blessed with children and our children will have children and they children will have children then after few generations, no way but they will be BLACK, as the African Sun will burn them skins in to nice Bronze of Gold."

The operative word here is "burn", as all a "tan" is, is burnt skin, however this in no way marks the presence of melanin. A Caucasian is still a Caucasian no matter how long they sit in the sun...hehehe, that was silly man. I don't know if you're saying this type of thing out of malice, or ignorance, but either way, it would be Right to step out of the Reasoning and do some Refelcting on the I Self, before you do any more damage.

Also, Yaa was using the term "white privilege" and it's very appropriate here. Go on line and research that term and what it means to people. Rastafarispeaks.com isn't a bad place to start for that, I can link it if you want.

Selam

Messenger: Elijah Sent: 5/10/2009 6:17:07 PM

Greetings

Sun of Man, "Burn" is what Sun is doing as a powerful star, thanks to atmosphere and other Earth unique conditions, life wasn't burn out of this planet, so chill out and don't catch my words. Melanin is natural defense system for solar ray, so soon or later even I's caucasian types would generate it for protection. Any way do some studies of adaptation and find out for the I self. Evolution is a long process, not 20 minutes solar burn, take time bilions of years even, contemporary human civilisation counts from about 6000 years ago in which we are no much different human beings then father Abraham. Human as we are, are on this plant for more then 20000 years only.

Stay in Peace Rasta

Blessed Love

Love RasTafarI

Messenger: Ark I Sent: 5/10/2009 10:33:19 PM

SunofMan,

A burn doesn't mark the presence of melanin, but a tan is not the same as a burn. A burn is when the blood rushes to the skin to heal damage caused by the sun, a tan, whether or not being preceded by a burn, is when melanin is produced as a defence so that the next time that person is exposed to the sun, they will be better protected. Repeated exposure to the sun, as long as it is not too long where a serious burn occurs, gradually darkens the skin with melanin and better protects it so that people will not get a burn after longer exposure to the sun. This is not only a scientific fact, but I say this from I personal experience.

Also, In the summertime, my father spends a lot of time working outside, and he builds up enough of a tan so that he can work all day in the sun and not get burned. Some people in northern Europe hardly get tanned, but mostly get burned, but the farther south in Europe you go, the better people are able to tan and avoid burning.

Messenger: RootsTafari Sent: 5/11/2009 3:18:17 AM

bless,

after i posted my comment and read e-lie-jah's reply i jus didn know how to reply! my instinct was to take him out, Jah knows im quick wit words, but i thought lemme let the i's put him where he belongs! give thanks yaa, couldn hav said it betta myself..

all the time im readin his comment i kept rememberin what i-tom said about white ppl needin to humble themselves and i realised 'he' is one of those who wont humble themselves. he calls himself rasta, yes, but i think deep deep deep into his subconscious he is stil on the whole 'white supremacy' tip and dats why he was quick to add his 2 cents.. funny enough.. to the 'race' topic.

also, i was meditatin bout him yesterday, esp at the part when he said sumin along da lines of moving to 'africa', and i came to this: oftentimes white ppl always feel da need to come to 'africa' to do "some service" and they think mayb if they contributed somethin to 'africa' then they can die wit a clean conscience or sumin. i hear dem all da time! "oh gosh oh golly! i wan to visit 'africa' so i can see the lions.. dat would be so radical, wooh!" my sister went to university in the 'YOU ASS' and she told us ther was some white girl who was like "i want to visit south africa coz i wan to learn swahilli!'

i wont go into that one..

look at madonna and them! i donno if they think they deserve to win an award or sumin coz they adopted an 'african' baby. what is the world comin to? its no longer about visitin 'africa' and goin back wit some statue or cloth or somethin. now 'they' want to make us into souvenirs in the name of 'reducing poverty'!! we'r past da phase of stealin 'african' ppl. yeah, we'r past dat. now 'they' can just TAKE us! wat a ting..

just a thought. i tend to digress

RootsTafarI Selahssie

Messenger: Yaa Asantewa Sent: 5/11/2009 7:46:50 AM

:) Blessed heart of love!

lol. An Empress with I own heart... I love a good digress myself... :) Makes much more colourful conversation, or reasoning, indeed. It can be edgy on this medium tho... digression is often jumped upon, and they oftentimes use your digression to prove a glitch in your argument. lol. funny funny. Writing on this forum has actually improved skills in making a rounded statement (and not one completely digressive and open ended - although i tend to wander way off.... as I am doing now).

* Anyway. M.Z. York... "fallen angel" or risen serpant? Sheba, there is no point looking for Newarpians to reason with. No matter what, you will definitely end up at the bottom of a terrible large pile. For those that have never looked at this 'holy tablet' - shall we call it the Morpheus 'other' pill/tablet... lol... basically this guy starts out stating that human beings started out as green gases floating around... where he iceived this elaborate idea, i don't know... wherever he got it, he continues within his tablet to try and blaze His Majesty head to toe. This is a black "supremacy" ideal that services black people of African descent who are suffering from horrific inferiority complex. This definition of supremacy is about who can sit on whose head. Not about a supremacy that supports never feeling the need to do so in the first place.

* YOU ASS! COMPLETELY ROFLMHO! Instead of U.S. You Ass!! LOVE it! ;)

* Madonna. Phew... Madonna, Madonna, Madonna??? What to say? What to say? Did you know that although the high court of the country has refused her bid for this adoption of the daughter child they are calling 'Mercy', she has taken the girl from her orphanage, put her in a house with a complete staff (nannies, cooks, etc etc) where the child's total schedule is directed by Madonna. And furthermore, the lawyers she has hired to fight her appeal are going into the case with the argument that the laws referred to in stopping the adoption are out of date!!! (So this 'pop star' is going into Malawi to challenge the validity of civil law in this state???) Madness. Ah wha so about this youth?

Give thanks for this reasoning.

Messenger: Ras I-Tom Sent: 5/11/2009 8:20:16 AM

This is not directed at anyone, I just thought I would add it to the reasoning while at this white & black RasTa topic.

There are many who call themselves 'rata', both white and black, who in fact do not walk in accordance with His Majesty teachings. Rather, they sport dreads, and wear the royal Ethiopian colours, and a bob marley shirt or maybe even a shirt with His Majesty.

Now in both cases they are not contributing anything to the movement to build the Ras Tafari nation, as so many Honorable RasTa bredrin and sistrin are eputting their efffort and time into doing. Organise and Centralise is what His Majesty said. But a lot the wannabes are just in it for the culture and music.

Now in most cases it is even more offensive when it is a white wannabe rasta, because not only are they reaping the benefits of their white privilige and using it only for themselves, but they are also enjoying taking African culture and enjoying that also. So it is like, not contributing anythign to Africa, but yet still benefiting from the culture at the same time? It is like a parasite, just feeding off of privilige, and enjoying oneself, when the real SoulJahs are doing His Majesty works.

I see many look at the trod as if it is some relax thing. Listen to reggae and smoke ganja. This trod is opposite of easy, this trod is difficult, and the path is very narrow. I and I have His Majesty works to do in these armagiddeon times, the works of the seals which HIM loose. This is not an easy trod. This is a fyah trod.

As for the white people should not go to Africa thing. Well white people have no real place there, Africa is for the Africans. However, it is His Majesty I and I follow, and so if His Majesty tell I and I to forward anywhere to do His works, then I and I must listen, and that goes for ones of any race. I know there is white people in Africa doing His Majesty works, who are actually contributing to the building up of Africa, and who are helping Africans develop their own country. This is not to be like the charitites and how it was in colonial times. It is not supposed to be europeans building up and developing Africa, it should be europeans contributing and helping Africans to do so. Only Africa can develop Africa. His Majesty showed I and I that.

Ises itinually unto The Most High Qidamawi Haile Selassie!

Messenger: the rock Sent: 5/11/2009 10:06:23 AM

seen.
'

more fire!!

Messenger: SunofMan Sent: 5/11/2009 10:44:32 AM

I errr, stand corrected?? I guess so!, after Ark I's last post, I did a lil research on the sun tan, and what the I said was basically what they all were saying, with some exceptions (maybe Elijah is one of them), just kidding, excuse my ignorance. However, my fallibility shouldn't be Elijah's go ahead to start his white to black children conversion project, which still strikes I as being a really off statement, amongst many. In fact there's so many holes in it, well....uhhhh...I keep telling I Self to stay off of the racial threads, what a melting pot...............

Selam

Messenger: Yaa Asantewa Sent: 5/11/2009 11:14:04 AM

"I keep telling I Self to stay off of the racial threads"

I know... when i see you posting in one, I'll tell you off... and when you see me posting on the racial threads, do the same. Let's mutually police each other from commenting along the racial nonsense. you are so right.

1 - 1011 - 2021 - 3031 - 4041 - 5051 - 6061 - 7071 - 8081 - 9091 - 100
101 - 109

Return to Reasoning List

RastafarI

Haile Selassie I