Use the drop-down boxes above to navigate through the Website  
Return to Reasoning List

Here is a link to this page:
http://www.jah-rastafari.com/forum/message-view.asp?message_group=3267&start_row=11

December Predictions.

1 - 1011 - 2021 - 22
Time Zone: EST (New York, Toronto)
Messenger: SunofMan Sent: 12/1/2008 7:14:56 PM

Ark I, greetings...

"It is funny that all it takes is a few days without I and some others spending much time reasoning that the reasoning focus turns toward all kinds of other things."

Ark I, since the I is speaking on the reasoning makes it clear that it is a focus you're interested in as well, so why is it funny? While correlations to pre-Christian forms of religion and faith and Christianity itself may not be fully transparent to you yet, you obviously show a compulsion to find clarity here, so I would encourage the I to research more.

To speak of parallels to Heru (Horus) is just scratching the surface. To know Heru is to know Ausar(Osiris), Ra (Amen-Ra), Auset(Isis) and the rest for they are all very interwoven, especially Horus, Osiris, and Ra. There are myths of Iyasus on whom the myths of many Kemetic Gods have been transposed. None of this is to say that a man in Isis-Ra-El was never born and preached righteousness and revealed Him Self as a true Guru. To create a religion out of One Guru however took much work, and to make people believe we're often fed fantastical stories so that we have something higher than us to worship.

Now the Kemetic parallels are but One source. The foundation of Christianity draws from many sources. There are parallels to Buddha, Krishna, Apollo etc.. Kemet may be a source which predates all of them, but then Ethiopia predates Kemet. As the I said:

"If it was proven to I that the story of Christ was based on older pagan stories, it would not change I trod because what I look to in the story of Christ is the example and teachings."

Exactly, and so....nothing to fear!

The I said:

"Many of the authors you mentioned fall somewhere in that source tree that is rooted in baseless claims"

Umm, I only mentioned four authors. Ashra Kwesi and Dr. Ben are very eye opening and good at making Ones think, I would agree that some of their claims are on weak foundation, but they wouldn't be able to make wilder claims without gaining respect from making some very rational ones, they are worth some study. As for Gerald Massey and Acharya S, I can only conclude that you've read nothing by them, their works are full of citations from far more ancient authors, much older than 200 years, and they make very very compelling arguments. Ark I it is impossible to overs the subject until One has done plenty of homework. The internet videos that I've seen discussing this topic fall regrettably short and I wouldn't encourage anyOne to watch them and make up their mind.

The I said:

"But it seems kind of strange that none of the people that mention the comparisons have any source older than 200 years,"

That is simply not true, and the I would know it after much more study. And while there are plenty of sources from Christianity's earliest days, we can't forget how much Christians have suppressed such information, why were they burning so many books in Rome? Why did Christians try to plaster over so many inscriptions in Kemet? Why is everybody who questions Christianity's pre Christian foundation lumped into a category of eccentrics and occultists. It is your choice whether or not to go that route, as previously stated, it wouldn't change your trod. We are only compelled to do things based on our individual natures. With that said, I'm not here to I-vince anyOne, Ones can only find truth for themSelves, I'm just saying IT'S WORTH A MUCH DEEPER LOOK, I'll stop now. Stay blessed...

Selam

Messenger: Ark I Sent: 12/1/2008 11:18:05 PM

Acharya herself admits that most of her information about Christ and Horus parallels come from Gerald Massey who lived from 1828 - 1907 and Albert Churchward who lived from 1852-1925.

I wonder how long it will take for people to claim that Selassie I never existed and the story was just made up of myths from older religions.

Ark I

Itinual Praises unto Jah RasTafarI Haile Selassie I Menen I

Messenger: SunofMan Sent: 12/2/2008 12:31:59 AM

Ark I, rather than googling two authors I mentioned just to find information to discredit my points, you could try picking up books written by either of those authors.

Acharya's book Suns of God: Buddha, Krishna, Christ Unveiled is a very large work loaded with citations which were written well before the life of Christ, at the time of his existence, and after during the expansion of Christianity, and all well before the life of Gerald Massey. And, of course she was influenced by Massey, if the I ever chooses to read him for any length of time, you'll see, he's quite brilliant.

As for Massey, he was biased because he was a witness to the corruption of the Christian church at that time in England. As for him teaching himself hieroglyphics, the I should be giving him credit for doing something most of us could not, at a time when who was teaching Ones to read hieroglyphics?

And these are not works written to say that a righteous man didn't give the Right works and teachings at that time. This is all not to say that Christ didn't exist, and I think the I is missing this crucial point. The man existed, but in order to wield power in his name people took pre existent myths, beliefs, other aspects of faith, to make Christianity, Judaism, Hinduism, Buddhism, Islam all easier to feed to the masses. We as people have expanded upon the foundation that our forefathers laid, and it happened with religion too, what is surprising about that.

"I wonder how long it will take for people to claim that Selassie I never existed and the story was just made up of myths from older religions."

Why wouldn't Ones know it? Nobody is writing bizarre myths about H.I.M.. His Majesty didn't walk on water, wasn't born of a virgin, didn't multiply fish, etc. etc....HIS works are pure reality, there's no myth about H.I.M.. That's the most sad thing about Iyasus, the teaching is so glorious, but it has been trampled in some mind game to subdue the masses.

The I said:

"But the biggest question is why haven't we seen the hieroglyphs that spell out all the parallels that they claim?"

The I can start with the Book of Coming Forth by Day (The Book of the Dead), get the Wallis Budge edition so an author you already know is doing the interpreting. Then you can continue on with more of Budge's translations of Kemetic and Ethiopic works, the I will see that Budge is also no stranger to the foundation laid for Christianity to build upon.

"I know the same thing can be said about what is found in the scriptures, but it seems to me that people are just trading one version of things that can't be proven with another version of things that can't be proven."

Surely the I realizes that the Bible was written waaay after the Kemetic inscriptions. So the trading that is happening would be the original for the copy, and no One is trying to prove the original as literal truth, see it?! At this point in the trod it should be clear that there are much deeper meanings in both the Bible and Kemetic writings than what appears on a superficial level.

"If people have such an issue with the bible not having solid proof for what is written, why don't they have that issue with things written in more recent books that also don't have any solid proof."

I'm not sure what recent books that have been written without very good citations and references, the I is talking about. Please share the authors and titles of books the I has read that make totally baseless claims.

Why are we debating if the I isn't studying the topic?

And last but not least, I do apologize for sounding so condescending at times in these posts. I am sincere about the reasoning...Stay Blessed...

SELAM

Messenger: Ark I Sent: 12/2/2008 12:51:03 AM

I accidently erased I post. Sun of Man quoted most of what I said in it. The only thing left out was that Gerald Massey was a druid, which I feel is a potential reason for his bias.

Ark I

Messenger: Ark I Sent: 12/2/2008 12:56:21 AM

I said,
---------------------
I know the same thing can be said about what is found in the scriptures, but it seems to me that people are just trading one version of things that can't be proven with another version of things that can't be proven.
---------------------

you replied
---------------------
Surely the I realizes that the Bible was written waaay after the Kemetic inscriptions. So the trading that is happening would be the original for the copy, and no One is trying to prove the original as literal truth, see it?! At this point in the trod it should be clear that there are much deeper meanings in both the Bible and Kemetic writings than what appears on a superficial level.
---------------------

When I said trading one thing that can't be proven for another, I wasn't refering to the Kemetic writings, I was refering to the writings of people in the last century or so that make claims without Egyptian hieroglyphs to back up those specific claims, expecting people to just believe that what they claim was actually written.

So with all the citations you mention that are in those books, where are the citations from actual Egyptian writings for the specific claims made.

Ark I

Messenger: SunofMan Sent: 12/2/2008 7:25:44 AM

"So with all the citations you mention that are in those books, where are the citations from actual Egyptian writings for the specific claims made."

In I last post I said:

-The I can start with the Book of Coming Forth by Day (The Book of the Dead), get the Wallis Budge edition so an author you already know is doing the interpreting. Then you can continue on with more of Budge's translations of Kemetic and Ethiopic works, the I will see that Budge is also no stranger to the foundation laid for Christianity to build upon.

Budge has transcribed many hieroglyphic inscriptions into this book and given the translation. Like I said, this would be a starting point, as many of Budge's other works follow in this same vein. The writings of Kemet are, however, not the only source, study the topic and see that One will find Chaldean, Sabean, Syrian, Jewish, Greek, Roman, and Ethiopian, etc., sources, all cited by numerous authors.

Selam

Messenger: Ark I Sent: 12/2/2008 10:54:13 AM

Could you post the name of the books from Acharya and Massey that I should look at.

Ark I

Messenger: SunofMan Sent: 12/2/2008 11:02:53 AM

Sure...

Suns of God, and The Christ Conspiracy, by Acharya S. are loaded with references, dense reading, but very interesting.

The Book of Beginnings, Ancient Egypt: Light of the World, and The Natural Genesis and all excellent books by Massey. Online there are some very good essays written by Massey as well.

Massey Essays

Selam

Messenger: Eleazar1234 Sent: 12/2/2008 9:56:59 PM

December 2, 2008—The heavens smiled down on Earth Monday in a rare celestial trifecta of Venus, Jupiter, and the moon.

The planets aligned—an event known as a conjunction—Sunday night, and were joined by a thin sliver of moon on Monday.

(Related: "Sky Show December 1: Jupiter, Venus, Moon Make 'Frown'" [December 1, 2008].)

The rare planetary meeting was visible from all parts of the world, even from light-polluted cities such as Hong Kong and New York.

People in Asia witnessed a smiley face (above, photographed from Manila, Philippines), while skywatchers in the United States saw a frown.

The three brightest objects in the sky were so tightly gathered that one could eclipse them with a thumb, according to NASA's Web site.

The next visible Venus-Jupiter conjunction will be on the evening of March 14, 2012, but the two planets will appear farther apart in the sky.

Does this alignment have any significance?

Messenger: Ras KebreAB Sent: 12/3/2008 11:00:38 AM

Children,why are you still gazing
up at the stars
when you are
much more amazing.
RKA

Blessed Love
Rastafari

1 - 1011 - 2021 - 22

Return to Reasoning List

RastafarI

Haile Selassie I