Use the drop-down boxes above to navigate through the Website  
Return to Reasoning List

Here is a link to this page:
http://www.jah-rastafari.com/forum/message-view.asp?message_group=3220&start_row=11

The Money word

1 - 1011 - 19
Time Zone: EST (New York, Toronto)
Messenger: Ras Sistren Khamyl Sent: 11/11/2008 2:27:27 PM

my father once said, "a rich man is not a poor man with a lot of money"

i slowly began to know what he meant whilst I observed the culture and nature of which different circles of people operated in around me during my rearing as a child

i learned about "old money", "money influence", "favor without money", etc.

it all came back to karma for me

I have always seen the glass as half full, never half empty

The inability to be content with one's resources prevents one from being able to ever have an abundance or overflow

With regards to money, it's just an idea (an accepted medium of exchange)

Those who abuse this often lust after the power associated with being in the position to control situations by having more influence than the person who has little buying power

I contend that if you are a person who gives you will always be open to receive blessings from all sides.

-RSK

Messenger: Ras KebreAB Sent: 11/11/2008 8:00:42 PM

The i notice that too Ark I?

notwithstanding????

how does that even come about, i dont overs it

In i sight, that is such an xristian way of thinking.

How can one say "all is true" and next comes "notwithstanding"

Notwhithstanding the truth??? how can that be.

i cant stand those things..........the bible says so, so i dont care what anyone says, is that it? .........fyah pon them things there

Matter of fact forget what anyone else says, even when your own common sense tells you, surely there was evil before there was any such thing as money ,so surely it couldnt be the "root", are you still going to sit there and say "notwhitstanding"?????????

Ini are Rastafari,the reasonings of life are never ending they go over and beyond what is written in the bible.

And i personally speaking, i am waiting for the day that i can reason with Ras Power. I am waiting to hear what Ras Power thinks and not what the ible says or what pbs says

i hope i will sight that day

Messenger: Yaa Asantewa Sent: 11/12/2008 4:59:40 AM

Money is the devil's counterfeit for Manna. Manna is sustenance as endowed unto InI by the most high. Manna still stands and utilises whatever it must that InI get our pay. Sometimes it's cash money, sometimes it is favour, sometimes it is the discounted stuff at the market (which happens to be what you really actually wanted / needed anyway). If everybody worked in Self, ye know... used their talents and all that to live in theocratic governance... then manna would just swirl round and round and everybody would be cool (as it was first time)... but the devil makes money and tells the people to work for money, cos you need money to buy food and pay bills and all that. But the work they are doing for which they receive the money, is usually going towards building the tower of babel.

I choose to stand for manna. It is sometimes scary because it does not come at the last thursday of the month or whatever... but it is more vital and InI am always extremely well looked after as per my inheritance. The more I come to count on manna, the more mystically it appears... lots of great opportunities and interesting and fulfilling journies and plenty of WORKS. It is a practice and principle though, and does take developing. As I say, it can be scary, but it is always actually on time.

Give thanks.

Messenger: Ras KebreAB Sent: 11/12/2008 8:47:14 AM

Give thanks Empress, that is the most important post on this subject so far, in i humble opinion.

Messenger: Ras KebreAB Sent: 11/12/2008 9:46:29 AM

I overstanding of the i words Empress.

"the devil makes money and tells the people to work for money,"

No man can serve two masters: for either he will hate the one, and love the other; or else he will hold to the one, and despise the other. Ye cannot serve God and mammon.
Mammon: riches regarded as an object of worship and greedy pursuit.

"Manna is sustenance as endowed unto InI by the most high"
Jah,Give us this day our daily bread.

"It is sometimes scary because it does not come at the last thursday of the month or whatever... but it is more vital and InI am always extremely well looked after as per my inheritance"

I say unto you, Take no thought for your life, what ye shall eat, or what ye shall drink; nor yet for your body, what ye shall put on. Is not the life more than meat, and the body than raiment?

"If everybody worked in Self, ye know... used their talents and all that to live in theocratic governance... then manna would just swirl round and round and everybody would be cool (as it was first time"

Behold the fowls of the air: for they sow not, neither do they reap, nor gather into barns; yet your heavenly Father feedeth them. Are ye not much better than they?
Wherefore, if God so clothe the grass of the field, which to day is, and to morrow is cast into the oven, shall he not much more clothe you, O ye of little faith?
Therefore take no thought, saying, What shall we eat? or, What shall we drink? or, Wherewithal shall we be clothed?
But seek ye first the kingdom of God, and his righteousness; and all these things shall be added unto you.
Take therefore no thought for the morrow: for the morrow shall take thought for the things of itself.

Blessed Love
Rastafari

Messenger: Ras Sistren Khamyl Sent: 11/12/2008 10:46:57 AM

"If everybody worked in Self, ye know... used their talents and all that to live in theocratic governance... then manna would just swirl round and round and everybody would be cool "

I can get with this!

-RSK

Messenger: Ras Sistren Khamyl Sent: 11/12/2008 10:49:12 AM

Thank you ArkI and Ras Kebra for keepin it real.

I dismissed that post as an oxymoron, kinda like the same difference.

-RSK

Messenger: Yaa Asantewa Sent: 11/14/2008 5:58:19 AM

"Wherefore, if God so clothe the grass of the field, which to day is, and to morrow is cast into the oven, shall he not much more clothe you, O ye of little faith?"

Give thanks Ras, this is exactly what I was saying. Indeed.

Seek ye first the kingdom of God...

I always remember there is a very nice old english church hymn based on this verse. The wordsound always makes the hair around my temples rise. Who doesn't love that feeling.

Messenger: wahdahdah Sent: 11/14/2008 8:12:13 AM

GREETINGS Children of JAH RASTAFARI
Yes I, MONEY MONEY MONEY. They say it makes the world go round. (who's world) Everyone wants some, does seem that there is never enough. Why? I think it is because money is made from man. There will never be enough if that is what one seeks. ONLY JAH gives abundance. "SEEK YE FIRST THHE KINGDOM OF JAH AND ALL ELSE SHALL BE GIVEN TO THEE" is what JAH told us. IF we put our minds to money it is like trusting in LACK or NOTHING. It like flesh shall burn away. I&I feel this is why people struggle to make ends meet. JAH said What is mine is for everyone. All the riches in JAH KINGDOM are for everyone, yet people would rather put faith into a comodity that is not even a reality. It is a Leap of FAITH to TRUST in that which one can not SEE, TASTE, SMELL or HEAR with the physical EYE. YET all That is REAL comes from The unseen. and When Every ounce of FAITH is put into JAH All of the senses are hightened and enlightened. The greatest of Joy and Abundance is experienced.
People trust Lawyers, Bankers Salesmen/saleswombmen, Judges and Cops Doctors Etc... But Can not trust in the Only True Reality which is as RASTAFARI KNOW is H.I.M.
Jah is I&I Bank and I&I know the Bank of JAH is Full of ALL that I&I need to Progress towards a richer, healthier and more Abundant LIFE. I&I does not need insurance for Jah BANK there is no end to a GOOD thing. JAH created Heaven and Earth and Saw that IT IS GOOD. That does not change. Money has a beginning and an end. JAH is ever Living and Flowing. I&I will go with JAH JAH FLOW and as the flowers of the field shall be dressed sheltered and fed all the days of I&I Life. I AM with JAH RASTAFARI SELASSIE I
wahdahdah

1 - 1011 - 19

Return to Reasoning List

RastafarI

Haile Selassie I