Use the drop-down boxes above to navigate through the Website  
Return to Reasoning List

Here is a link to this page:
http://www.jah-rastafari.com/forum/message-view.asp?message_group=3214&start_row=1

crazy confusion in this world of religion

1 - 3
Time Zone: EST (New York, Toronto)
Messenger: Ark I Sent: 11/4/2008 10:30:15 PM

Here is an email that an Idren sent to I and asked I to post

--------------------------------
My Lord, Blessed Love & greetings in the name of the trinity(selassie, emmanuel, marcus), bless thy holy mother of creation, the black virgin matrix. My lord something has been bothering me and i have utmost faith that the lord of host shall rectify these things that has now been seen as confusion within the community of InI who say we represent King Rastafari. I'm not in the hype of who see his majesty as God and who don't see HIM as a divine figure and so on; this can make us look as a regressive people than a progressive one, my lord a man payed a visit to my country of residence in Belize and appeared to be humble in the ways of God Almighty, he represents a ministry and a church namely the Ethiopian Tahawedo Orthodox Church, the man had a service at a local church that he had rented for this special occassion, so most of the brethrn of Rastafari went to support this effort, but the man told the brethrn them that if they want to be born again they must cut them locks and denonce Haile Selassie, is this any respect for anothers belief and faith, this brethrn come to convert instead of to educate in the name of the Lord, this is pure deception on his part. Ark, this man told my sistren that has bored my child who i named Aethiopia, may rastafari bless her and give her long life, but yeah this bredda tell the sistren that she should stop hang around the brethrns that say rastafari and especially them bobo brethrns, what made it even more disrespecting and intense is that he told the sistren when its time to baptise the child not to tell me for the child should be baptized by him, these things cause immediate war without say, Ark, you know i-man is shanty and this brethrn step inna the fire, my lord me neva know dah suh dem bredda deh di flex mi I. Ark that hurt mi heart, but i hold fast and did not react to these comments, all i say is emmanuel save his soul, this bredda gone mad iyah, this guy overstepped his boundaries I, this man disrespect the natural order of things and this we must not take lightly, we must question the motive of this Ethiopian Orthodox Church as to how they view his majesty, mi brethrn to tell you di truth i never really follow up pon di man dem, cause i always think di man dem support we brethrns inna di diaspora, but this bredda ya it was like he stucked a dagger deep into mi heart cause mi heart bled when di man come with all these ism. I-man is very isolated from society because of this reason that someone may offend I by disrespecting the love of my life, the joy of my heart and the water that quenches my thirst, Rastafari is truly victory, it tastes better than food. Anyway Ark InI have the greatest mission to publish His Majesties work and to let the world know of the living Jahovia God that cometh to this world in flesh from henceforth. My lord i can't even breathe as i type these words becuase having to rethink the actions of that brethrn is dispecable and unrealistic. My lord as usual i'll sign off for now because as you know i can't stay infront of this here beast for too long and man got roll call, peace, love, joy, happiness & long life in this here livity and maintain gravity inna dis here gideon, blessings to you and you family I.

Adwa Medhane-Alem Cain

--------------------------------

Messenger: Yaa Asantewa Sent: 11/5/2008 6:51:05 AM

Yes I. It is terrible.

My Father in Law attends Ethiopian Orthodox Church. He did cut off his locs to join this ministry... and his two sons (I Kingman is the eldest) who both say Selassie I lives are both in despair at what they have witnessed as his decline in strength and ites since this. This has hurt them both, as growing up their Father was obviously their Godhead in presence... also in their ights as young RasTafari.

Anyway, one time the Father in Law asks me to attend service with him. I did wish to go to just have a look (plus, what the sons' complaint is, is not in my experience). His Majesty is crowned head of this church, so in essence there is nothing but raspect, of course. My Kingman said, yeah... we can all go, but lets ask my Father if we can dress how we like, with itraits and all (he was blatantly being an instigator... I think he knew full well what was going to be said. I think he was illustrating a point to I). The Father was like, no. You can't come wearing no itraits, nothing of His Majesty. My Kingman was like... WELL, I'M NOT COMING!!!! (You know the ones). But, I tried to reason and was like... well, is it not possible that it can be explained that we are simply attending as guests, we're not members of the church, I hail Selassie I the first living and still ruling, etc etc... so just explain to them that I can't be told to remove my itraits. My Father in Law was like... er, no.

So, that was kinda that. I mean, I know it is as pedantic as they are seeming to be. But to me, it was the principle of the matter. There was no way, I was going to put down my itrait of Majesty to enter the church. I mean, I had it in mind to dress in full regalia, with like NUFF itraits... thinking that it would never be a problem. It would not be so bad if it had have been by the by... as in, no one mentionned it... and I got a few funny stares with my itraits... but for the fact that it was an expressed NO... I was like... uh uh. No way. It is strange, because my Father in Law knows Selassie I lives, but its like he has to keep that faith a secret from his congregation family. He has got Selassie I all OVER his bedroom walls... ye know what I mean. But I was just like... that's kinda like that Peter thing and denial... it doesn't feel right. But this is what his sons have been saying to him.

I dunno. I'm waiting to see if Ras KebreAb gives us some insight into the tradition, if he knows of it... and perhaps we can discuss the possibility that the ministry that has gone out into the west has become a bit misguided and caught up in the power struggle. I'm curious... because from other things I have seen of the monasteries and stuff in Ethiopia, the tradition looks magnificent. Incense, bells, drums... *sigh.

Messenger: Ras Sistren Khamyl Sent: 11/5/2008 8:49:12 AM

To Ark I

I must reread your post. When I read it the first time, I got dizzy.

-RSK

1 - 3

Return to Reasoning List

RastafarI

Haile Selassie I