Use the drop-down boxes above to navigate through the Website  
Return to Reasoning List

Here is a link to this page:
http://www.jah-rastafari.com/forum/message-view.asp?message_group=3206&start_row=1

WHAT IS BABYLON

1 - 1011 - 2021 - 29
Time Zone: EST (New York, Toronto)
Messenger: Ras power Sent: 10/29/2008 8:32:37 PM

many people refer to the governments as babylon, that put us far from the truth and distracted

babylon is first found in genesis 11 when jah confuse the languages of the earth,

it is foungi in revelation 17

5And upon her forehead was a name written, MYSTERY, BABYLON THE GREAT, THE MOTHER OF HARLOTS AND ABOMINATIONS OF THE EARTH

the government is called the sword

1Let every soul be subject unto the higher powers. For there is no power but of God: the powers that be are ordained of God.

2Whosoever therefore resisteth the power, resisteth the ordinance of God: and they that resist shall receive to themselves damnation.

3For rulers are not a terror to good works, but to the evil. Wilt thou then not be afraid of the power? do that which is good, and thou shalt have praise of the same:

4For he is the minister of God to thee for good. But if thou do that which is evil, be afraid; for he beareth not the sword in vain: for he is the minister of God, a revenger to execute wrath upon him that doeth evil.

5Wherefore ye must needs be subject, not only for wrath, but also for conscience sake.

6For for this cause pay ye tribute also: for they are God's ministers, attending continually upon this very thing.

7Render therefore to all their dues: tribute to whom tribute is due; custom to whom custom; fear to whom fear; honour to whom honour.
(rom 13)

Messenger: wahdahdah Sent: 10/30/2008 9:24:29 AM

GREETINGS JAH RASTAFARI
This is a great question in these times. Respect Ras Power for bringing it up to this house. It seems to I&I when I hear Rasta these days speak of Babylon (I included) it is a word thrown around that can mean or used for anything that is not of JAH. Which is not necisarily the best. that would leave confusion. and isn't that where the word comes from, too many tongues speaking causing a state of confusion?
Was not the Tower of Bable built on that premis? So when I&I speak of Babylon It may reference to the Cops, the Government, A person who spews out BS. or any one or thing that is not of JAH LOVE and Order. That is not at all the best thing, that the I can do, and realize I&I must check Iself when discussing these matters. It has become so easy to pin every neggative force and call it BABYLON. When I&I do this I am Guilty of speaking confusion as Babylon was. so what good is that.
Thanks and Praises to the Idren for bringing this up it is good for I&I to check what it truelly means and how Iman have not always used the term Babylon in correct fasion. GIVE THANKS. How can I&I Learn if I am not willing to Listen?
SELASSIE I LIVE
wahdahdah

Messenger: Ras KebreAB Sent: 10/30/2008 10:02:01 AM

"many people refer to the governments as babylon, that put us far from the truth and distracted"

who says so, iyah?

No doubt Babylon is much more than just the "government", but the "governments" are still a part of it.
The I mention genesis 11. i am glad

what is babel other than the One world government of that time?????
The i dont see the "governments" trying to build Babel once again in these times?
Wahdahdah, yes i can call the cops babylon, they are a part of it.
Yes, i can call every negative thing as Babylon. why? Because she is the "Mother"
This doesnt mean that ini do not know that Mystery Babylon,as spoken of in Revelations, is, specifically the Vatican.

Now let us see Romans 13.
Ras, i dont see no reason why you should keep writing this passage.of course if the i feels to do so, thats alright.
But to i, it is like the i is trying to remind ini of what ini never forgot.

Even if Romans 13 was never written, Rastafari has always known this.Give thanks and praise Selassie I, for Jah bust open the seven seals so ini could sight these things, Clear

I can sum up all these words in Romans 13 in a few words.....all they are saying is............Be a law abiding person. Simple as that.

When has anyone seen ini Rastafari burning and looting and rioting and stealing and killing etc????
More so, if you check all the "revolutionary movements", you will find that only Rastafari is a revolution of the mind,body and spirit, and not an armed revolution.
INI chant Babylon crumble, but ini dont pick up arms to try and overthrow the governments.
Not because of Romans 13, but because of the inner ites that Jah has bestowed upon us, Glory be unto HIM.

Holy I Selassie I JAH Rastafari

Messenger: Prince Hotep Sent: 10/30/2008 1:39:40 PM

blessed heart of love

I'm a bit back, didn't have money to come to internet, so had to stay away.

I don't need to fight the governments, Babylon shall fall down, because InI stand over it, R over X, they are dead already, who u gonna fight, u gonna buy babylon bullets and shoot babylon? Priest say when babylon army go they bring death to the place taht they went thru, but when JAH army come, they bring life, death is a destruction to humanity, we don't have to lift a finger in this spiritual war, because it is spiritual, what u gonna fight them people where? the bigest fight is inside of InI look around u, u live in a world of the devil, u live around the devil, but InI trample the devil with everystep, they can build big building, Eathquake Lightning and Thunder is gonna take them down, white world argument is done, look for Marcus in the whirlwind, because Lord God Jahovia JAH Ras Tafar I is God of Justice, and Justice InI shall see.

Holy Emmanuel I Selassie I JAH Ras Tafar I

Messenger: Ras Sistren Khamyl Sent: 10/30/2008 2:43:03 PM

I am pleased to see your post Prince Hotep; you were missed!

-RSK

To Ras Kebra, I totally know what you mean when you compare babylon and babel. (Selah) The addiction to deadly behaviors in an attempt to purchase a false appearance of being almighty is the driving force behind all that we are seeing around us and it has been present in every time period.

The babylonian mindset and its rotten fruit is on a predestined course that must come to fulfillment.

-RSK

Messenger: Ras power Sent: 10/30/2008 7:55:53 PM

babylon as demonstrated by ROME is not goverments so to say, as romans say jah put them there, respect who deserve it, fear who is to be feared, etc because they hold the sword.

BAYLON is government mix with church, the VATICAN is church control state

we see the attempt being made in america with the consertive protestants becoming a great political force

is not just the governments, but every single person

there was a jesuit malaki marten, smoething like that who wrote a book called , for the keys of this blood, about the fight to create the first one world government, among the three c's

catholic
comunist
capitalisim

we see that capitalisim and catholic came together to bring down comunisim and rome influenceing america more and more

Messenger: Ras KebreAB Sent: 10/30/2008 8:02:33 PM

As my lord Hotep says, "they are dead already"

The living shall not mingle with the dead.

Blessed night to all
Rastafari

Messenger: Ras Sistren Khamyl Sent: 10/30/2008 8:31:57 PM

true dat

-RSK

Messenger: Ras power Sent: 11/2/2008 1:20:41 PM

who is dead?

Messenger: Ark I Sent: 11/13/2008 1:13:21 AM

Ras Power,

You have used that scripture (Romans 13) four times in the past month in your efforts to ask people to bow down to babylon government.

Here are the other three times:

bible on government

Black President

Two important pieces of legislation that many people are unaware of

I prefer the example and teachings of Christ over the words of Paul. And Christ never bowed down to the government and encouraged others also to not bow down, and that was one of the reasons he was crucified. He showed them that Caesar's money belonged to Caesar, but His allegiance is unto God.

Matthew 22
[15] Then went the Pharisees, and took counsel how they might entangle him in his talk.
[16] And they sent out unto him their disciples with the Herodians, saying, Master, we know that thou art true, and teachest the way of God in truth, neither carest thou for any man: for thou regardest not the person of men.
[17] Tell us therefore, What thinkest thou? Is it lawful to give tribute unto Caesar, or not?
[18] But Jesus perceived their wickedness, and said, Why tempt ye me, ye hypocrites?
[19] Shew me the tribute money. And they brought unto him a penny.
[20] And he saith unto them, Whose is this image and superscription?
[21] They say unto him, Caesar's. Then saith he unto them, Render therefore unto Caesar the things which are Caesar's; and unto God the things that are God's.

You are showing yourself to be the kind of person who would have told Christ to bow down to the Roman government; Moses to bow down to the Egyptian government; and Daniel, Shadrach, Meshach, and Abednego to bow down to the babylon government of old.

But just as Christ, Moses, Daniel, Shadrach, Meshach, and Abednego never bow. I and I never bow.

You may want to blindly follow governments or any person who said things that are written in the bible, but I will not blindly follow anybody. I follow teachings and examples that make sense, like the teachings and example of Yeshua Christ and Haile Selassie I.

As Selassie I teach I and I,

By the word "neutral" We do not, of course, mean that abstention from political activity which has been for so long the hallmark of a Switzerland. We can no more refrain from political activity in the year 1961 than man today can voluntarily refrain from partaking of the radioactive fall-out which will be bestowed upon him should a nuclear holocaust erupt on this globe. Nor does neutrality mean that without taking sides, we content ourselves with urging that the powers most intimately concerned negotiate in good faith to the solution of the issues in dispute between them; we have passed the point where prayerful pleading serves any purpose other than to debase those who thereby abdicate any responsibility or power to influence events.

To be neutral is to be impartial, impartial to judge actions and policies objectively, as we see them either contributing to or detracting from the resolution of the world's problems, the preservation of peace and the improvement of the general level of man's living conditions. Thus, we may find ourselves now opposing, now supporting. now voting with, now voting against, first the East, next the West. It is the worth of the policies themselves, and not their source or sponsor, which determines the position of one who is truly neutral.

This, We maintain, is the essence of non-alignment. Those who would righteously denounce one side on every major problem or issue while reserving nothing but praise for the other cannot claim to be non-aligned, nor can those whose policies are shaped for them elsewhere and who wait patiently to be instructed whether they are to be for or against be called uncommitted.

Nor does neutrality mean that without taking sides, we content ourselves with urging that the powers most intimately concerned negotiate in good faith to the solution of the issues in dispute between them;

Selassie I didn't have the trust in governments that you have. Selassie I knows that I and I can't just trust them to do what is Right. He also showed their illusion when He spoke about Democracy, Republic. And you can see their wickedness when Selassie I describes in his autobiography, the things they tried to do against HIM.

To be neutral is to be impartial, impartial to judge actions and policies objectively, as we see them either contributing to or detracting from the resolution of the world's problems, the preservation of peace and the improvement of the general level of man's living conditions.

It is the worth of the policies themselves, and not their source or sponsor, which determines the position of one who is truly neutral.

So how do you expect I and I to just trust them and not criticize their wickedness and illusion, just because Paul said "Let every soul be subject unto the higher powers. For there is no power but of God: the powers that be are ordained of God.". Whether from governments or any other source, I don't just follow things because of the source where it came from. I look at what is said and decide whether or not I agree with it.

Ark I

Itinual Praises unto Jah RasTafarI Haile Selassie I Menen I

1 - 1011 - 2021 - 29

Return to Reasoning List

RastafarI

Haile Selassie I