Use the drop-down boxes above to navigate through the Website  
Return to Reasoning List

Here is a link to this page:
http://www.jah-rastafari.com/forum/message-view.asp?message_group=3191&start_row=11

$150,000 Wardrobe for Palin May Alter Tailor-Made Image

1 - 1011 - 2021 - 3031 - 32
Time Zone: EST (New York, Toronto)
Messenger: Ras KebreAB Sent: 10/25/2008 8:07:21 AM

"The more they become involved in what happens in their own country then they stand a better chance at changing things - and yes they might even become conscious of the underhanded workings of political systems and become aware of wa'gwan in the world"

If i was you,Sis, i wouldnt hold i breath waiting for that to happen.

"if its always going to be 'burn this, burn that' the minute politics comes up its doesn't do anyone any good, least of all I n I."

Ini dont chant fyah burn when politicks comes up, Ini Watch EVERYTHING that is happening around ini. Rastafari, ini have always been so.
BUT, let someone say, ini Rastafari should be involved in politicks, and you shall see i burn the biggest fyah.

Blessed Love
Rastafari

Messenger: Ras Sistren Khamyl Sent: 10/25/2008 4:41:05 PM

To Sistren Ten:

I have nothing but respect for you and your eloquent opinion, however this idea that the right to vote is ludicrous when world leaders are selected at Bohemian Grove. My parents and my entire family used to mobilize people with that "rock the vote" crap and I worked in local politrix in my youth.

Everybody is talking about how Obama has mobilized many to vote. How soon we forget about how many voted in 2000 and the Supreme Court decided the election. Clearly voting or not voting is not the issue.

I have predicted every president since Carter and have been correct everytime and I based my guestimation on factors that had nothing to do vith voting. I did research and found out who these people were, which elite family they descended from, etc. Obama is Cheney's cousin! Obama is an African, not an Afrikan Amerikkkan and he makes no mistake about it. But many who are flocking to him asif he is the black man and woman's messiah have missed the message for the umpteenth time. They are not African Americans as well; nor are they Afrikans. More like Hebrew Isrealites who were sent to sing a song in a strange land as in Psalm 137. The closest connection to Africa that may be true is we are "stolen afrikans", but certainly not Africans. Even the Africans who have come to the states are running around pumping up Obama and criticizing people for the way they live in this shitstem of a place. I guess they forgot that we been missing for damned near 500 years and they never so much as came to rescue us. They got shops on every corner in St. Louis, selling Obama tshirts and watches though!

-RSK

Messenger: Ten Sent: 10/26/2008 2:41:41 PM

Praises
To Ras KebreAB:
“If i was you,Sis, i wouldnt hold i breath waiting for that to happen.”
Well I’m not expecting any mass movement of conscious youth to rise up as a result of this one election. Its still a very long way to go and it’d be naive to think America’s young would become politically conscious from casting their vote. But I feel a few will begin to care more about their futures as a result, even if its five people – its alot more than zero.
Yes I n I watch wa’gwan in this time and I’m not saying I n I should join the political rat race but what I’m saying is if I n I are not offering any alternative way of thinking/living what’s the use of chanting burn fire? At the risk of being misunderstood and coming across as pessimistic I have to ask what good is it if there is no solution or no possiblity of upliftment? I’d rather chant of what RasTa can do what upliftment can be offered through I n I movement than say burn them all the time and offer no alternative. I’m not disregarding the power or essence of chanting nor am I being disrespectful but trying to shift from chanting to looking to ourselves as people ras-ponsible for JAH world in this time and asking, what positive/empowering works do I n I do?
Blessed Love

To Sister RSK
Praises Sis, perhaps because I am not in the US I view is different but I don't get the impression that Obama distinguishes between Africans and African-Americans in the US. In his writing he does acknowledge he is descendant of an African immigrant and white mother whereas his wife's ancestors were slaves. Through their union they represent a part of American history that is similar to the stories of alot of people in the US. It'd be divisive and damaging to Black identity to deny the obvious African-Americans and Africans all come from the Motherland. Its nonsense to state otherwise. Now while Obama might represent alot of positive things for America, he is not The Messiah. That's the problem with the masses, they just blindly folow and place faith in anything that is positive - its symptomatic of the society we live in: people need a god-like figure in order to believe in their political leaders. That's how people construct their very own dictators; they believe a leader is God's appointee and in turn leaders cling onto power in the name of God, anyone who defies them defies God so they're persecuted. I'm not saying Obama will become a megalomaniac - no, far from it.

Anyway I've rambled on for too long and yes the 2000 election was controversial but if the votes had been re-counted wouldn’t George Bush have won anyway? But Sister having worked in local politics and you feel te whole system is a farce, I must you what is the alternative? An alternative that helps mobilize people to decide their own futures within the current political system in place today where abstainence from voting doesn’t count; its silence & has no impact.

Give Thanks
RasTafarI Is

Messenger: Ras Sistren Khamyl Sent: 10/27/2008 8:47:43 AM

Sistren-

"An alternative that helps mobilize people to decide their own futures within the current political system in place today where abstainence from voting doesn’t count; its silence & has no impact."

Within the political system? Surely you jest. Abstinance from voting doesn't count and voting doesn't count either. Silence is better than dillusion.

And for the record, Obama didn't just acknowledge his full heritage, he stated openly that he is an Afrikan. The media only covers the full heritage stuff as part of the propaganda machine the illuminati is using to MAKE him president. If people would just read what isn't published, like his voting in the Senate for a law that would further oppress black youth at the discretion of local judges, even for cases previously adjudicated, making them federal crimes. This happened when Michael "sell out" Baisden was marching around Jena, LA.

My experience in local politics is just the tip of the iceberg. St Louis and its ties to the Lousiana Purchase, the Civil Rights Movement, and the flourish of community based organizations nationwide affords one more information regarding the evil that men do than one should have to stomach.

The energy was pumped into the massa media and all over the country so that when Obama is MADE president, it won't be unbelievable. And as far as Bush winning when all votes were counted, that's only after his cousins who were planted in the democratic party through out selected ballots. This happened in Missouri, Ohio, and other places that never got publicized.

What the masses need to do is to deactivate that willie chip and spend more energy doing the opposite of what the majority is doing.

-RSK...........will be on the road less traveled.

Messenger: Yaa Asantewa Sent: 10/27/2008 12:51:35 PM

yeps. love that road. peaceful.

In fact, it is interesting to read this line today, as I was stood at the bus stop this morning, reflecting on certain events at the weekend... I remembered a line in a psalms (can't remember which, but hold on... will google... ok, no luck)... anyway, it was about the narrow way, and faith in the narrow road... where the wicked are snared by the traps they set for InI etc.

Anyway, much of the reflection I was having related to the narrow and winding road, that seems there is little room for loose maneouver, and also little room for even other people (not to say there is not enough room for all of us, but just that generally speaking this path cannot hold with the crowd thing... ye dun know). It also lead to me that Indiana Jones / Zen ideology thing of not necessarily making steps, or at least work to cease making steps, but instead looking ahead and allow your own Irits to lead you... which relates back to this said psalm that speaks of the Lord not allowing our feet to fall, while on the narrow road. Well, give thanks for the road, narrow and steep and often lonely, but peaceful and safe... said way. See thee I there Empress RSK... lol.

Messenger: NineMile2004 Sent: 10/28/2008 7:35:43 PM

Don't you see all this talk about the wardrobe is exactly what the "rulers" want: Dumbing down the people and herd them like the sheeple they have become.

InI no longer call them deomcrats and republicans, dem all republicrats.

Either way, either party, the agenda is a police state, less rights, and more dependence on government all eventually leadind to one world governance.

Get ready for this foreseen disaster that will surely happen, stock up on food, protect yourself, and keep Jah close by your side.

Blessed Love

Bergy

Messenger: Yaa Asantewa Sent: 10/29/2008 7:54:31 AM

oh, I just re-read something that made me real-eyes...

"I guess they forgot that we been missing for damned near 500 years and they never so much as came to rescue us."

I have been wondering about the Sistrin, and this type of statement brings me closer to some iverstanding.

Yes Empress Ten... I guess that statement goes for thee I too... been out there in Ithiopia Africa (lovely Zim) and forgot to go rescue RSK. Tsk tsk.

The "African" American (well, it is still really American isn't it) ego never fails to leave me astounded.

Anyways, re: Obama's role in the world story... I once watched an interesting documentary about a purist Buddhist prophecy that claims an empire of 52 structures (ref: US states) will come to be crumbled by a black (African - yes) child born on an island state off the main land. I watched this before I personally had heard of Obama. The interpretation was made from stone tapestry on the walls of an ancient buddhist monastry in India or something, call Borubuddhor (spelling is definitely wrong - I can only remember the sound). I remembered it the other day when his Hawaiian background was referenced on the news. I was like, hmm? Interesting.

I am extremely cynical about the whole black presidency thing... well, he's only black while he's in the race as the First black anything in America... if he does good, he'll be a GREAT Black American, if he messes up, he'll be some half breed African bwoy before he can say Hawaii 5-0, let's be real. But in the context of InI knowing that the enemy really does lay his own snares, I am chanting that the true African within rises, and like an Angel of his own destiny (whatever that may be) ushers in HIM will. I know that all forces good and bad work for Majesty, because there is only one redemption in actuality. All things work for its manifestation. Selah.

Emmanuel I Selassie I... JAHOVIA... Ras Tafari.

Messenger: Ras Sistren Khamyl Sent: 10/29/2008 8:33:05 AM

Nine Mile: so blessed to see post from you

Yaa Asantewa: I don't overstand what you mean? The "African" American (well, it is still really American isn't it) ego never fails to leave me astounded.

Who is African American, I don't believe there is such a thing.

Messenger: Yaa Asantewa Sent: 10/30/2008 5:28:15 AM

true words. you will notice my inverted commas.

Messenger: Ras KebreAB Sent: 10/30/2008 10:09:33 AM

"I guess they forgot that we been missing for damned near 500 years and they never so much as came to rescue us"

What in the world does this mean??

I heard these words before from one of those black stand up comedians, i forget who..........the audience was laughing........the comedian was saying things like...."not even a canoe"
and i laughed too, it was funny, but still in the back of my mind, i was thinking, that is so ignorant.

I am surprised to see these words here. I would apprecilove an explanation

1 - 1011 - 2021 - 3031 - 32

Return to Reasoning List

RastafarI

Haile Selassie I