Use the drop-down boxes above to navigate through the Website  
Return to Reasoning List

Here is a link to this page:
http://www.jah-rastafari.com/forum/message-view.asp?message_group=3142&start_row=1

TRANSLATION MISTAKES??

1 - 5
Time Zone: EST (New York, Toronto)
Messenger: Jah Bird Sent: 10/4/2008 9:46:15 AM

Peace to you children of the Most High.
-------------------------------------------------------------------
10፤ በዳዊትም ቤት ላይ፥ በኢየሩሳሌምም በሚኖሩት ላይ፥ የሞገስንና የልመናን መንፈስ አፈስሳለሁ፤ ወደ እርሱም ወደ ወጉት ይመለከታሉ፤ ሰውም ለአንድያ ልጁ እንደሚያለቅስ ያለቅሱለታል፥ ሰውም ለበኵር ልጁ እንደሚያዝን በመራራ ኀዘን ያዝኑለታል።
---------------------------------------------------------------------
Zechariah chapter 12/10 from HIM bIBLE
---------------------------------------------------------------------
10And I will pour upon the house of David, and upon the inhabitants of Jerusalem, the spirit of grace and of supplications: and they shall look upon me whom they have pierced, and they shall mourn for him, as one mourneth for his only son, and shall be in bitterness for him, as one that is in bitterness for his firstborn.
--------------------------------------------------------------------
KJV.Same chapter and verse.
I sight that there is a difference between those two in one word. Correct i if i am wrong or in any way.
it say's "they shall look upon ME whom they pierced.And in the Amharic one it says they shall look upon HIM they pierced.
Am i being just paranoid or is it a crucial point?
God Almighty is speaking here and does HE say on one to "ME" and on the other to "HIM"? I don't think so so why this change?
hope to get some comments on this.
Have a blessed Senbet. Let JAH LIGHT COVER THE EARTH ON THIS HOLY DAY.

Messenger: Prince Hotep Sent: 10/4/2008 2:38:59 PM

blessed love my lawd

well I think it goes up to hebrew version, the I should check it, but I don't see any difference if He is I or HIM, H.I.M pray to Adonie I, God is HIM, HIM is God and JAH Ras Tafar I dwells in the hearts of His Idren, seen? I know the I knows it, but do the overs that there is no difference, it's like saying "we" and InI" same thing different name, it's just how the translator interpreted it.

God is speaking about Iyasus, but yet when Iyasus bled the five deadly wounds He sat in HIM throne, that is sure that they are One.

Messenger: Ras power Sent: 10/4/2008 9:15:32 PM

good reasoning will nlot add any to it

blesseed

Messenger: Ras KebreAB Sent: 10/4/2008 9:47:11 PM

True I

Messenger: Jah Bird Sent: 10/5/2008 4:45:23 AM

give thanks
Jah is ONE.

1 - 5

Return to Reasoning List

RastafarI

Haile Selassie I