Use the drop-down boxes above to navigate through the Website  
Return to Reasoning List

Here is a link to this page:
http://www.jah-rastafari.com/forum/message-view.asp?message_group=3007&start_row=31

Man and Woman

1 - 1011 - 2021 - 3031 - 4041 - 5051 - 53
Time Zone: EST (New York, Toronto)
Messenger: zion mountain Sent: 10/5/2012 7:34:43 PM

Greetings Ark I.Iman is so happy to read the I post as it can help the I.The issue is I Empress does not trod Rastafari and she neva knew I was Rastafari because she knew I was raised an Adventist like she.Our trod is now full of ups and downs because of I trod especial5y locks which she want I to trim.I tried to reason with her telephonically since we are physically separated because of education but she still doesnt overs Rastafari.Now since January we havent seen each other,the last time we contacted each other was in July when wi had the last fight about I trod,I never call,she neither,I feel like its accepting a defeat if I call her.What should I do now because her silence is showing I dat she had moved on

Messenger: Ark I Sent: 10/5/2012 9:57:12 PM

People can change a lot between the ages of 18 and 23, they go from being a child to a man or woman. So when a girl and boy come together as teenagers, they often find that they are no longer compatible when they become adults, because the people they have become no longer match.

Messenger: Ras Kanjas Sent: 10/7/2012 4:47:16 AM

Selah!

Messenger: rastarite Sent: 10/11/2012 3:40:32 PM

if she luvs I as she clamed she should respect INI way of life...Jah rastafari

Messenger: chica Sent: 10/12/2012 4:25:46 PM

Zion Mountain said: "Greetings Ark I.Iman is so happy to read the I post as it can help the I.The issue is I Empress does not trod Rastafari and she neva knew I was Rastafari because she knew I was raised an Adventist like she.Our trod is now full of ups and downs because of I trod especial5y locks which she want I to trim.I tried to reason with her telephonically since we are physically separated because of education but she still doesnt overs Rastafari.Now since January we havent seen each other,the last time we contacted each other was in July when wi had the last fight about I trod,I never call,she neither,I feel like its accepting a defeat if I call her.What should I do now because her silence is showing I dat she had moved on"

Zion Mountain, I have a question: Why didn't you make it plain to her that you were Rastafari from the beginning?

And what is this about "accepting a defeat"? Love is not puffed up, nor overly proud/arrogant. Do you love her? It doesn't sound like you do. Sounds more like a war of wills, the need for one to control the other. Love doesn't usually work that way.

Messenger: zion mountain Sent: 10/12/2012 5:06:01 PM

Greetings Chica....I Iverstand what the I is saying,the reason why I never told her dat I was Rastafari is because at the time we met,I never had the full overstanding of Rastafari,I hadnt risen to dat level of Iritual maturity,I was standing at a crossroad.The defeat I was refering to is not of controlling everything,wat i meant as a defeat is giving up Rastafari for our relationship because according to her,I livity especially the locks is the cause of all the problems and she said unless I trim she won't tolerate dat in our relationship,so I was saying wouldn't it seem dat I'm accepting defeat if I keep on calling her yet I fully overs dat she won't tolerate I locks,and I was asking,wont it(calling her)make her take advantage of I to fully convert I,dats wat I meant when I said defeat.What shud I do sister Chica,help I

Messenger: Matthew Sent: 10/13/2012 2:38:50 AM

Sometimes loved ones act a certain way about ones taking up the RasTafarI livity in order to see how commited and dedicated we are, they will throw all kind of threats ultimatums and assumptions at us. In I experiance this is a kind of test to see how strong our livity, faith and commitment are. A Empress must feel secure and have confidance in the direction a King is leading her.

Blessed Love

Messenger: Ras Kanjas Sent: 10/14/2012 4:03:43 AM

Like Ark I said;
Two people who might be compatible as teenagers or very young, may find out that they are no longer compatible after they have gone through some changes and become adults or a bit more mature!

Seen?

Messenger: Ras Kanjas Sent: 10/14/2012 4:16:22 AM

..so I guess after seeing that they are no longer compatible to each other, the two should separate and move on and wait until they are ready to get married, at which time they should then find their compatible partner and marry them!

Seen?

Messenger: chica Sent: 11/1/2012 5:11:37 PM

Zion Mountain said:
"Greetings Chica....I Iverstand what the I is saying,the reason why I never told her dat I was Rastafari is because at the time we met,I never had the full overstanding of Rastafari,I hadnt risen to dat level of Iritual maturity,I was standing at a crossroad.The defeat I was refering to is not of controlling everything,wat i meant as a defeat is giving up Rastafari for our relationship because according to her,I livity especially the locks is the cause of all the problems and she said unless I trim she won't tolerate dat in our relationship,so I was saying wouldn't it seem dat I'm accepting defeat if I keep on calling her yet I fully overs dat she won't tolerate I locks,and I was asking,wont it(calling her)make her take advantage of I to fully convert I,dats wat I meant when I said defeat.What shud I do sister Chica,help I"

Greetings Brother Zion Mountain. Please forgive me for taking so long to respond but I just found this post today as I was reading up on other posts these past few weeks.

Brother Zion, if someone told me I could no longer be me, but would have to change into their category of who I am and what I should be, I strongly feel I would have to question how much that person cares about me. I would feel that person is asking me to live a lie and be something that I am not. So if I have to live a lie in order to be with that person, I feel I would be better off without that person. I need a relationship that will foster who I am, and not try to make me be someone other than me. My partner should be able to love me enough to accept me as I am. Otherwise, I can't see keeping that person in my life as my partner. I find when people make demands on us to change who we are, even if we decide to change, they are STILL not satisfied! Then they want to change another thing, another thing, another thing. Then they leave the relationship anyway and say something like, "We just didn't fit." Be careful what you give up in trying to please others.
By the way, is she willing to give up anything to please you?

1 - 1011 - 2021 - 3031 - 4041 - 5051 - 53

Return to Reasoning List

RastafarI

Haile Selassie I