Use the drop-down boxes above to navigate through the Website  
Return to Reasoning List

Here is a link to this page:
http://www.jah-rastafari.com/forum/message-view.asp?message_group=3007&start_row=11

Man and Woman

1 - 1011 - 2021 - 3031 - 4041 - 5051 - 53
Time Zone: EST (New York, Toronto)
Messenger: General Nyabinghi Sent: 4/18/2009 9:17:41 PMHidden
View Message  Reply

Messenger: Ras I-Tom Sent: 4/19/2009 8:22:24 AM

It is about humility and love. A woman should not speak improperly to a man, but neither should a man speak improperly to a wombman. Christ tell I and I that it is easier to sight a speck in someone else eye than to notice the branch in I and I own eye.

Messenger: Yaa Asantewa Sent: 4/19/2009 8:32:20 AM

Let me just say for the record... that there is none of the earthly blessing i fulljoy more than I femi9 form.

just relax thee i self warrior... stop talking what u don't know, and save ur fight for somebody else.

Messenger: General Nyabinghi Sent: 4/19/2009 10:11:02 AMHidden
View Message  Reply

Messenger: Ras KebreAB Sent: 4/19/2009 4:22:09 PM

"The truth is that you wish you were a man, and find weak priest to accomodate that fantasy for you."

You know what i find weak? is weak men who cant even hold up their reasoning, men who cant reason with a woman with true Equality but instead ,when her reasoning goes over their little minds, they run to get scripture to cast judgement on someone they dont even know.
Pitiful

How nice would it be if ones actually took heed of their own words

"I souljah know that the only one who can judge is the one who is earth's rightful ruler. That man is Jah Rastafari Emperor Haile Selassie I of Ithiopia. No man can fill his shoes"

until then, empty barrel make the loudest noise

Messenger: Ark I Sent: 4/19/2009 10:54:33 PM

If a Man was Living Upful and Trodding with the Most High, he would not have any need to tell a woman to submit to them.

If he was with a Woman who was not Trodding the way of RasTafari, he would be able to teach her how to Live Upful and Right, and he would Learn the good things that she has to teach. And if he was with a Woman who was already Trodding the way of RasTafarI, He and the Woman would Teach eachother and Itinue to grow together towards the Most High. When each One submits themselves to the Lord Jah RasTafarI, then all will be of One accord, and everyOne will be trodding as they should.

In reference to Paul from the New Testament. All who thing that they should not disagree with any of his words should then cut their locks if they are a man, because he says that men shouldn't grow their hair long. I agree with Paul when he says something agreeable, otherwise I prefer to look to Christ and Selassie I.

Look at how Selassie I changed a centuries old tradition of Crowning the Empress the day after the Emperor is Crowned, and caused them to Crown Empress Menen on the same day. Also, many people who talk about a woman's place don't think women should get education and work, but should only tend to the children and home, but Selassie I says:

With regards to the boys, We are satisfied with the progress made. Our hope in this circumstance is partially fulfilled; but the prospect of Our female children is frightening. It is as if they die early and leave their parents childless; for as soon as they show some promise in their education, they are, either by their parents or of their own accord, married.

The money We spend on the girls' schools seems to be wasted because they leave before receiving enough knowledge. If this state of affairs continues, how can We reach the goal of public education for which We have planned and are planning?

Today, the women of the world are not content only to live as housewives. In most countries they are striving harder and harder for higher education so that they may participate in the civic duties of their community and nation. In time of war, women like men, have served their country and some of them have fought side by side with the men against the enemy.

Here is something I reasoned before about what Paul said about woman.

----------------------------------------------
In regards to Paul's views about woman being silent in church, I don't agree with it. The people who should be silent in church are those that are just starting to learn and should humble themself until they rise to a level of more Iverstanding. This applies to both man and woman.

Here is a quote from Paul that many men like to repeat

Ephesians 5

[22] Wives, submit yourselves unto your own husbands, as unto the Lord.
[23] For the husband is the head of the wife, even as Christ is the head of the church: and he is the saviour of the body.
[24] Therefore as the church is subject unto Christ, so let the wives be to their own husbands in every thing.

But they never pay much attention to what is said next.

Ephesians 5
[25] Husbands, love your wives, even as Christ also loved the church, and gave himself for it;
[26] That he might sanctify and cleanse it with the washing of water by the word,
[27] That he might present it to himself a glorious church, not having spot, or wrinkle, or any such thing; but that it should be holy and without blemish.
[28] So ought men to love their wives as their own bodies. He that loveth his wife loveth himself.
[29] For no man ever yet hated his own flesh; but nourisheth and cherisheth it, even as the Lord the church:
[30] For we are members of his body, of his flesh, and of his bones.
[31] For this cause shall a man leave his father and mother, and shall be joined unto his wife, and they two shall be one flesh.

If the I them look at how Christ loved the church, the I them would see that if man treated a woman the same way as Christ was to the church, then they would trod as One.

Matthew 20
[25] But Jesus called them unto him, and said, Ye know that the princes of the Gentiles exercise dominion over them, and they that are great exercise authority upon them.
[26] But it shall not be so among you: but whosoever will be great among you, let him be your minister;
[27] And whosoever will be chief among you, let him be your servant:
[28] Even as the Son of man came not to be ministered unto, but to minister, and to give his life a ransom for many.

Even though Christ is the Head of the Church, he trod as a servant. He ministered unto the church and served the church.

If the I them look at Paul's statement again. It should be seen that both man and woman should treat each other the same.
----------------------------------------------

Messenger: Yaa Asantewa Sent: 4/20/2009 6:00:21 AM

I am sooo grateful for that Ark-I. I actually did not know what to say to this man. Quite astounding.

Gen. Nyabinghi... you not supposed to eat meat of any colour. If Babylon says what is the white meat? Does that make them wrong? They are talking truth. It is a meat. Homosexuality is an alternative lifestyle (InI say any who choose are in flames). And as far as shrimp and whatnot... I have a feeling that we can put this down to u being one of those nyabinghi who can only dash fyah bun when u have heard another do it first.

Listen, let's just cap it at that. I find your style very crass and crude. As it has been said here; that is no good for I, cos I'm still learning how not tell ones like u about ur &^%$**@. I am finding ur attitude detrimental to my erm... approach. So... just avoid me.

Bless.

Messenger: Yaa Asantewa Sent: 4/20/2009 6:13:18 AM

Oh... I forgot the most important point.

Let me state clearly... I do not now, nor have I ever wished to, nor will I ever wish to know how to be a 'good nyabinghi daughter'. In fact, I'm not even in a grey area with that one. There is NO coincidental issue over the fact that I have never once been confused, or even felt there was a CHOICE in the matter.

Emmanuel came for I... hear that. Without any mistaken identity on either of our parts. I passed and hailed the Nyabinghi daughters in the stroll up.

And if I hear another syllable about the role of I Priests then we shall see whose irit can talk to who anyhow. And u will figure out if I'm your sistrin, or daughter, or aunty, or mother. Cos I KNOW I ain't your wife.

Messenger: General Nyabinghi Sent: 4/20/2009 8:40:18 PMHidden
View Message  Reply

Messenger: General Nyabinghi Sent: 4/20/2009 8:48:30 PMHidden
View Message  Reply

1 - 1011 - 2021 - 3031 - 4041 - 5051 - 53

Return to Reasoning List

RastafarI

Haile Selassie I