Use the drop-down boxes above to navigate through the Website  
Return to Reasoning List

Here is a link to this page:
http://www.jah-rastafari.com/forum/message-view.asp?message_group=2994&start_row=11

Garvey's hatefull editorial Bout His Majesty

1 - 1011 - 16
Time Zone: EST (New York, Toronto)
Messenger: Ark I Sent: 8/21/2008 11:11:53 PM

Here is a reasoning I made before about this:

-----------------------------------------
One thing a bredren of mine told I was that he thinks that Marcus wanted Selassie I to call on him to gather up his people to help fight the Italians. And when Selassie I went to England instead, Marcus wasn't happy about that. My bredren said this was just what he thought about the situation.

If that was the case, then it still makes sense to I that Selassie I went to England because He needed an army that had weapons comparable to the weapons that Italy had, and that if he went to Garvey, then he wouldn't have access to the weapons required because no country was selling weapons to Ethiopia, but they were still selling to Italy. The war may still have been able to be won with the help of Garvey, but too many people would have died in the process.

Here is a reasoning I made on another forum about this.

----------------------------------------
That thing written by Marcus was written before the war was over, so he didn't Iverstand what Selassie I was doing. If Selassie I didn't leave and gather the armies to fight Mussolini, Ethiopia would be an Italian colony. And also, Garvey was basing his opinions on Babylon propaganda, that is where he got his "information" about Selassie I.

All the things that Selassie I did, both nationally and internationally was to rise up Ethiopia and the Ethiopian people and to prevent Ethiopia from being conquored and taken over by another country (like many African countries were at that time). And when Haile Selassie I ruled Ethiopia, Ethiopia was prosperous and the standard of living continually increased. Even after Mussolini caused so much destruction, Selassie still managed to rise up Ethiopia and the Ethiopian people. And Since Selassie I left Ethiopia, things became worse then they were during Selassie I's rule.

And about the slavery. In 1923, 7 years before Selassie was coronated as Emperor, 5 years before he became King of Ethiopia, Selassie I worked with the Empress Zauditu and abolished slavery.

Here is a reasoning I made before about that article:
------------------------------
RasTafarI didn't fight and run away, He went to gather armies to help Ethiopia defeat Mussolini. He knew that the weapons that Ethiopia had couldn't compete with the more modern weapons the aggressor had, especially considering how wicked the people behind these weapons were. They used poison to kill many people, and didn't have any consideration for Life. So Selassie I Itinued the fight and accomplished what he set out to do. He gathered the armies to defeat Mussolini. Garvey said some things against Selassie I because he didn't Iverstand the purpose of everything that Selassie I did. He didn't Iverstand that Selassie I was gathering armies to fight against Mussolini. And Selassie I accomplished his goal and defeated Mussolini. Selassie I didn't come to bow, but to conquer.

I have learned many things from Garvey's words, but just because I agree with many things, doesn't mean I agree with everything. Only fools agree with everything a person says, especially if it is not justified within themself.

RasTafarI, Haile Selassie I taught I and I

To be neutral is to be impartial, impartial to judge actions and policies objectively, as we see them either contributing to or detracting from the resolution of the world's problems, the preservation of peace and the improvement of the general level of man's living conditions. Thus, we may find ourselves now opposing, now supporting. now voting with, now voting against, first the East, next the West. It is the worth of the policies themselves, and not their source or sponsor, which determines the position of one who is truly neutral.

This, We maintain, is the essence of non-alignment. Those who would righteously denounce one side on every major problem or issue while reserving nothing but praise for the other cannot claim to be non-aligned, nor can those whose policies are shaped for them elsewhere and who wait patiently to be instructed whether they are to be for or against be called uncommitted.

Haile Selassie I

-----------------------------------------

Ark I

Itinual Praises unto Jah RasTafarI Haile Selassie I Menen I

Messenger: Eleazar1234 Sent: 8/22/2008 9:57:59 PM

Ijahman Levi Marcus Hero

In the name of heroes
I hail Marcus Garvey
Born in Jamaica
in my culture country
he's my hero
Marcus Mosiah Garvey
Born in Jamaica
In my culture Country
History has been told
Great works that he has done
Marcus Garvey
Words of Wisdom often spoken by him
Prophet Garvey
True Black Liberation Teacher
Proud to be black
Tell them all about Africa
Prophesy of our King-His MAJESTY

In the name of heroes
I hail Marcus Garvey
Born in Jamaica
In my culture country
He is my hero
Marcus Mosiah Garvey
Born in Jamaica
In my culture country

In the name of heroes
I hail Marcus Garvey
Born in Jamaica
In my culture country
He's my hero
Marcus Mosiah Garvey
Born in Jamaica
In my culture country
History has been told
Great works that he has done
Marcus Garvey
Words of Wisdom often spoken by him
Prophet Garvey
True Black Liberator
Proud to be Black Tell them all about Africa
Prophesy our King, HIS MAJESTY

In the name of heroes
OOOO Hail Marcus Garvey
Born in Jamaica
in my culture country
He is my hero oooooohh Marcus Garvey
Born in Jamaica

Messenger: Eleazar1234 Sent: 8/22/2008 10:00:05 PM

By Peter Tosh

Moses- the prophets

Do you remember Moses
Do you remember Moses
Him no dead...

The man 'dep on earth still
The man a trod earth still
Watch it now
The wicked them a gwan

Remember Elijah
Do you remember Elijah
Him no dead...
The man a trod earth still...younger than ever
Watch it now
The wicked them a gwan

Remember Jeremiah
Do you remember Jeremiah
That man no dead...
The man a trod earth still(3x)
Watch it now
The wicked them a gwan

Remember Satan(2x)
That guy no dead(3x)
The guy a trod earth still(3x)
Fulfilling his pledge to deceive the world

Remember Marcus Mosiah Garvey
Him no dead
That man no dead...
That man a trod earth still(3x)
Watching his prophecy fulfilled

Messenger: Ras power Sent: 8/23/2008 11:21:22 PM

true but he proclam the massiah you should know his thoughts are higher that yours?

Messenger: SunofMan Sent: 8/24/2008 9:25:45 AM

I agree that Garvey is a human capable of all our shortcomings, and that he showed a moment of weakness and should be forgiven for what appears to be an error which he may have corrected should he have been permitted to see the outcome of the war. I also realize that Garvey wanted His Majesty to call on him in light of the need for reinforcements, although it is my understanding that Garvey had called on His Majesty before the war even started, to attend various conferences regarding Black Liberation. I also understand that His Majesty did not reply to Garvey, leaving Garvey upset at not receiving any recognition from His Majesty.

My problem is that Garvey is seen as a part of the Trinity, and for mySelf to see Trinity there must be perfect union.

"We must admit that we glorified Haile Selassie when the war started, fought his battles to win international support, but we ever felt deep down in our hearts that he was a slave master."

Since when do our prophets take back their word, especially when it is coming to pass before their eyes?

I am also very curious why Ones don't reason more about Garvey's own feelings about Rastafari People? Why would Garvey ask that the man passing out pictures of His Majesty, at one of Garvey's meetings, be thrown out? this is what happened to Leonard Howell. I am also very curious as to why Leonard Howell does not receive the same respect that Marcus receives today. Read "Dread History: Leonard P Howell and Millenarian Visions", it's short and very informative, and some may find it very surprising.

And please know that none of this is meant to take away from Marcus Garvey's contribution to the liberation of African peoples worldwide. To be inspiration for generations to come is a blessed thing and Marcus continues to bring strength to this day. My issue is with him being the prophet of the Trinity; and as far as three in One go, His Majesty is Prophet, Priest, and King without the presence of another.

SELAM

Messenger: Eboni Yehuda Sent: 8/25/2008 10:45:43 PM

Greetings in the spirit of Selassie I Jah love and power forever,

I read the opening post, and see this as the same way in which Peter and Paul disagreed several times throughtout the scriptures. Also John the Baptist and Christ also diasgreed according to historians.

Many saw Christ as a disciple of John, but left him due to many disputes. Who realy knows, but it is not uncommon for holy men to disagree.

As a sista of Jah, I know this to be true, becuase even Rastas disagree with each other from time to time.

Selassie I is the Almighty Jah incarnate.

I was given life by Jah, and will live in his steps of riteousness, as long as I live. As the sistren, that is what InI must uphold as women of his majesty teachings.

JahRastafari Haile Selassie I Empress Menen Bless.

1 - 1011 - 16

Return to Reasoning List

RastafarI

Haile Selassie I