Use the drop-down boxes above to navigate through the Website  
Return to Reasoning List

Here is a link to this page:
http://www.jah-rastafari.com/forum/message-view.asp?message_group=2947&start_row=21

I used to think

1 - 1011 - 2021 - 30
Time Zone: EST (New York, Toronto)
Messenger: Ten Sent: 8/1/2008 8:44:24 AM

Ises
Young Lion in interviews Tosh says the accident he had as a child was his first encounter with The Devil. Watch Stepping Razor or if you read biographies on his life, these are his words not I making. He was almost blinded by barbed wire that cut into his eye but he did not go blind, Jah made sure of that.
Now you say "shades are for slaves", Aya a slave is many things: someone who is physically oppressed by another in order to get free labour or service. A slave is also someone who is not conscious but willingly participates in a system of oppression, one who just follows without question like sheep. But a slave is also a mentality you take on, if you believe you are a slave then that's what you are. If act like one think like someone stuck in the Babylon system without a mind of one's own then you a slave. Maybe you think like a slave and act like a slave so that's why you say "shades are for slaves", if you are one then that's you but don't blame a physical thing for your own mental state of mind. You are a thinking being and IF YOU CHOOSE to be chained that's your making not the shades. I think Tosh would burn burn burn you out if he read your statment I. In I opinion its almost disrespectful to his life works and music... And as IDread said, its "a piece of tinted glass" with its practical uses in these times we live in. There are much more evil n wicked tings agwan in this world that just a pair of shades, Aya.
...and to the other Rases contributions, yes I also feel there's more to Tosh's death, it was more than just a robbery, it had to do with gang violence too.
bless

Messenger: Eboni Yehuda Sent: 8/1/2008 1:26:47 PM

GREETINGS IN THE NAME OF JAH RASTAFARI

This is a very interesting topic. I find it so ironic the subject, becuase today I decided not to wear shades anymore. And now I see this thread??? Very ironic indeed. Well my reasons for terminating my favorite and only pair, was becuase not that it makes me weak, but it is not natural for InI to wear them. I am sheilding myself from the life energy that jump started the entire universe. Once I realised this, I took them off, never to put them on agaian. One must wonder, what exactly are InI sheilding ourselves from?

JAH RASTAFARI EMPRESS MENEN BLESS

Messenger: IDread Sent: 8/1/2008 3:15:58 PM

I can sight where the I is coming from but I work outside most of the time and if the sun is so bright as to be preventing me from performing my work then I don't think about whether it is natural or not to put on my sunglasses and even if it did I don't think it would (or should, for that matter) make a difference. Maybe if you were only wearing shades for style reasons then I might be more overstanding of the I's point but if they serve a practical purpose then I see no problem with it.

Messenger: Eboni Yehuda Sent: 8/1/2008 10:51:14 PM

I can agree with your post Ras. If it is used as a helpful tool for the I, then I can agree.

Messenger: FarI-Sight Sent: 8/3/2008 9:15:31 PM

shades are for slaves? huh? Do u truly think so or does it just sound cool cos it rhymes?

Haile Selassie I is the Master of All, Jah is no slave,

HAILE SELASSIE I wears shades...

JAH RASTAFARI

Messenger: Ten Sent: 8/4/2008 5:03:55 PM

young lion u come to antagonise I n I here i think its best u share ur foolish reasoning elsewhere. please be gone I n I dont tolerate people who disrespect HIS MAJESTY.

Messenger: Ten Sent: 8/5/2008 11:21:07 AM

I read what you wrote again Young Lion and had misunderstood before in I rasponse but why did you post this if you just wanted to rhyme? Dont you find that a little childish? Why provoke people just 4 laughs when I N I come to reason? Perhaps I am over reacting but I just dont get it. bless

Messenger: Ras KebreAB Sent: 8/5/2008 7:17:10 PM

BLessed

Let it pass,Sistren Ten.

I have seen sometimes that when one and ones are reasoning about something, someone might come in the middle and say something like "we have better things to talk about", and i must admit i have always disliked it....but right now i must say, idren, ini can do better that speaking about shades.
What is there to talk about?
They are sun glasses.
Sun.....glasses
Meant to protect your eyes when the sun is bright.
If you feel at times that your eyes could use the protection, then wear it.
If you dont need it, dont wear it

And if you like to wear it just because you think it looks good on you....thats fine.
Just check yourself and ask yourself "just how vain am i? "

Blessed Love
Rastafari

Messenger: Ten Sent: 8/7/2008 7:08:37 AM

Greetings give thanks 4 your words of peace Ras KebreAB. I over wat the I is saying and yes there are times when things are trivial. But in this case its different Aya read the beginning of the post to see why I ended up being irritated with Young Lion. Perhaps I should've ignored him all together but the I posted something controversial n I thought to RASpond but later it was revealed it was silly from the start. blessed love.

Messenger: Young Lion Sent: 8/7/2008 2:04:15 PM

i was trying to say how i was wrong for thinking peter tosh as someone low, when he wore shades and isolates himself, but i was wrong, we are all trying to pursue the kingdom and be free and that is the way he knew how!

1 - 1011 - 2021 - 30

Return to Reasoning List

RastafarI

Haile Selassie I