Use the drop-down boxes above to navigate through the Website  
Return to Reasoning List

Here is a link to this page:
http://www.jah-rastafari.com/forum/message-view.asp?message_group=2909&start_row=1

Judy, the Weak heart

1 - 1011 - 16
Time Zone: EST (New York, Toronto)
Messenger: Ras KebreAB Sent: 7/4/2008 1:24:03 PM

Fire burn you for your wickedness and your unfaithfulness

"As you'd expect, Judy was totally engrossed in Rastafarianism, as she explained, "I was a Rasta for 22 years and I was genuine. I embraced the objectives of Rastafari, knowing that one of the aims and objectives were to repatriate to the land of our ancestors. And also to make music to let people be aware of who they are as a people and knowing that the western hemisphere is only a place for them to pass through, but we should return to our father's land. That was my plan, but God had a different plan! After 22 years I became very unfulfilled, dissatisfied; not by any one thing or by any one person but I started to search inside because I realised that there was something else that I needed that I could not put my hand on. I knew that God was calling me into deeper waters. I was a little bit fearful because I was wondering what my brothers and sisters would say and what would be their reaction. So I was a bit fearful."

At the same time as her search, the singer's personal life was filled with difficulty too where two family members were in serious situations. She didn't go into detail but confessed, "I was at a place where I thought I wanted to die but I never had the strength to take my own life. I started praying and I said, 'God, I really don't know you because if I knew you, then all of this would not have been happening to me.' Not knowing that God had used that situation to draw me to him. I started reading my Bible. I had read my Bible three times from cover to cover and I started reading, but the things I was seeing this fourth time were what I never saw in the three times I read my Bible."

She continued, "I was seeing it through another pair of lenses. I read, 'Wherein, there is no other name given among men whereby we must be saved, but by the name of Jesus Christ.' That flew out of the Bible and into my spirit and that really turned the key. Whenever you have a mindset and you seriously believe something, you're not going to open to anything else, and I wasn't open to anything else. But God opened me to start seeking and searching."

It was listening to an interview with Haile Selassie which really challenged Judy's thinking. She remembered, "The interviewer asked him, 'Why is it that people say you are the returned Messiah?' and he answered through an interpreter - 'I'm a mere man. I will be replaced by the oncoming generation and a human being should not be emulated for a deity.' Somebody gave me a book, an autobiography and selected speeches of 'His Majesty' and I see where 'His Majesty' is a Christian king! I recognise now that instead of worshipping him, I should be worshipping who he is worshipping! So I see 'His Imperial Majesty' as my teacher."

She shared, "When Bob was on his dying bed, his wife Rita called me on the phone and said to me that Bob was in such excruciating pain and he stretched out his hand and said, 'Jesus take me.' I was wondering to myself, 'Why is it that Bob said "Jesus" and not "Selassie"?' But I never said it to anyone. Then I met a friend of mine and he said his sister, who is a Christian, was a nurse at the hospital where Bob was before he passed on, and she led him to the Lord Jesus Christ. So when Rita saw him saying 'Jesus take me', he had already received the Lord Jesus Christ in his life."

Judy said that sharing that, telling the truth about Marley's conversion isn't popular in Jamaica. "People need to know, because they would be drawn also to Jesus Christ. But nobody wants to promote that and in Jamaica, I said it on a popular television programme and a Rasta man met me and asked me why did I have to say that? I said, 'Because it's the truth!' But he never wanted me to reveal that and I think that anybody doesn't want that to be revealed, because so many people would be drawn to the Gospel."

Messenger: Ras KebreAB Sent: 7/4/2008 1:25:16 PM

Notice how she says
"After 22 years I became very unfulfilled"
that last word is a great clue on what is happening here, and whose teachings she is promoting

Messenger: Ras KebreAB Sent: 7/4/2008 1:31:20 PM

NOtice
"I started praying and I said God, I really don't know you because if I knew you, then all of this would not have been happening to me."

Remember Jonah,children.

Remember King Selassie said
No matter what may befall a human being he can always succeed in overcoming it in time if he has the strength of faith and praise to God, for inevitably He comes to the assistance of those that believe in HIM and those that through their work live an exemplary life.

Can you imagine if christ when he was being crucified if he had said, God i really dont know you because if i knew you,then all of this would not be happening to me???

Fire pon a weakheart

Messenger: Ras KebreAB Sent: 7/4/2008 1:34:51 PM

"Somebody gave me a book, an autobiography and selected speeches of 'His Majesty' and I see where 'His Majesty' is a Christian king!"

After some 20 odd years as Rastafari,she just come to know this??

Alright Judy

Messenger: Ras KebreAB Sent: 7/4/2008 1:37:46 PM

"I recognise now that instead of worshipping him, I should be worshipping who he is worshipping! So I see 'His Imperial Majesty' as my teacher."

By that same reasoning, why is she worshipping Jesus Christ? shouldnt she be worshipping who He was worshipping?
So by that same reasoning shouldnt she see Jesus Christ as her teacher too?

Messenger: Ark I Sent: 7/4/2008 1:41:35 PM

Even before all that, this sums it all up:
------------------------
I was a Rasta for 22 years and I was genuine. I embraced the objectives of Rastafari.....
------------------------

If a person is a genuine RasTafarI like she claimed she "was", then you would never hear them say "was", you would only hear them say IS or AM or FORIVER.

I made a reasoning before about Spiritual RasTafarI and Ideological Rastas. And when she says she "embraced the objectives of RasTafarI", it shows who she "was".

Ark I

Itinual Praises to Jah RasTafarI Haile Selassie I Menen I

Messenger: Ras KebreAB Sent: 7/4/2008 1:43:46 PM

Finally she says she "heard" from Rita (another one) and an unknown "christian" nurse who led him to jesus christ , excuse me if i laugh, that Bob converted and was heard to say "Jesus take me"

Am i the only one who heard Bobīs own mother when she said that when she was praying for him by his bed and she said Jesus, Bob said why are you saying Jesus, say Selassie I ?

I know my memory might be sketchy but i know i heard this.
if anyone can refresh i memory please do so

Messenger: Ark I Sent: 7/4/2008 1:46:11 PM

Ras KebreAB, the points you made are so true. These ones especially point it out.

--------------------------------
"Somebody gave me a book, an autobiography and selected speeches of 'His Majesty' and I see where 'His Majesty' is a Christian king!"

After some 20 odd years as Rastafari,she just come to know this??

Alright Judy

"I recognise now that instead of worshipping him, I should be worshipping who he is worshipping! So I see 'His Imperial Majesty' as my teacher."

By that same reasoning, why is she worshipping Jesus Christ? shouldnt she be worshipping who He was worshipping?
So by that same reasoning shouldnt she see Jesus Christ as her teacher too?

If she "was" ever RasTafarI she would know that their is absolutely no difference between Haile Selassie, Jesus Christ and the One they worshipped. The One is One and the Same.

Ark I

Itinual Praises to Jah RasTafarI Haile Selassie I Menen I

Messenger: Prince Hotep Sent: 7/4/2008 3:13:51 PM

"Why is it that people say you are the returned Messiah?' and he answered through an interpreter - 'I'm a mere man. I will be replaced by the oncoming generation and a human being should not be emulated for a deity."

"emulated"???wtf?
this one got my blood a boiling, fyah on that, missinformant, X-vision eyes...there is no such thing as X-Ras Tafar I, the agenda is clear, the devil is teaching his X teachings.

Messenger: Ras KebreAB Sent: 7/4/2008 4:49:14 PM

I know iyah,i know

I just wanted to make a correction on what i said earlier.
I was writing one of my verses today,thats why Jonah was already on i mind.
what i meant to say was
Remember Job,children Remember Job

For satan must have said Take away all her blessings and we shall see how faithful she is
And she failed miserably, for just through these tribulations of the flesh which shall pass,she has forfeited everlasting life by denying the Most High King

1 - 1011 - 16

Return to Reasoning List

RastafarI

Haile Selassie I