Use the drop-down boxes above to navigate through the Website  
Return to Reasoning List

Here is a link to this page:
http://www.jah-rastafari.com/forum/message-view.asp?message_group=2838&start_row=11

White or Black?

1 - 1011 - 2021 - 3031 - 39
Time Zone: EST (New York, Toronto)
Messenger: IDread Sent: 6/11/2008 3:18:56 PM

In answer to judahheart's question, I know that I understand Rastafari and I know that my understanding may differ slightly from another mans, but that is the nature of Rastafari. I&I don't find rasta in a book. Nothing tells a rasta which way to tred the path, that is up to I&I to discover for ourselves.

Messenger: ROOK FARI SELAH Sent: 6/11/2008 4:26:19 PM

Photobucket

Messenger: ROOK FARI SELAH Sent: 6/11/2008 4:30:47 PM

Photobucket
MIX MULTITUDE WICH CAN NOT BE NUMBERED
COUNTLESS LIKE GRAINS OF SAND ON THE SEA SHORE

Messenger: judahheart Sent: 6/13/2008 6:32:39 AM

Predictable responses. Such confusion. However, everything the African has tends to be hijacked, misenterpreted and bastardised by others - as we cannot think for ourselves. How can a european tell me about the true nature of Rastafari? This does not make one a racist, it is about recognising what is for, and not for you. (50 cent is not an African movement, the brother is about dollars, Obama is not a black man). I wish I had the patience to respond individually but I dont.

I do not claim black people are one loving race, we are of this earth like others so why should be we be different? Hmmm

Let us not depart from the foundation,Garvey, Howell, Emmanuel, Hibbert et al believed in the same fundaments, and that IS African liberation from babylon,knowledge of self and return to the promised land. Africans are disenfranchised, lost, reviled and blind, we live in the white man's world. With all the empathy in the world euroopeans can never overstand Rasfari, just as I can never understand their blue-eyed deity.

so let us start with respect.

Bless

Messenger: judahheart Sent: 6/13/2008 6:34:10 AM

In response to Idread...that is a cop out. It is about more than what YOU think. Too much rhetoric.

Bless

Messenger: Prince Hotep Sent: 6/13/2008 7:08:14 AM

blessed love

"No scientific debate, no selecting or quoting HIM, just do you all get it?"
"Predictable responses. Such confusion."

What is this? the should have just said "if u think yt ppl overstand Ras Tafar I, just don't respond"
because the I just wanted to hear answers witch satisfy u. Also how can one overstand Ras Tafar I, without Ras Tafar I? u don't want to hear what God say, yet u would rather us go bash white people... U say let's go back to Howell, but yet where is HIM? Didn't Howell tought opposite things what HIM tought, U say let's go back to Emmanuel, yet InI do what Emmanuel do.
And finally who are u to know what I overstand and what I don't overstand? yt people, black people...as everybody is the same just because of the color of their skin? Black over white as Emmanuel teach, as R over X...I would give away my life gladly if I knew it would liberate Africa.
drop your X leader, drop your X mentality...because Judgement is coming.

Holy I Emmanuel I Selassie I JAH Ras Tafar I

Messenger: Yaa Asantewa Sent: 6/13/2008 7:48:39 AM

Ras Tafari Haile Selassie I is not the black answer to the blue eyed deity. If that is what one is seeking, then go find Nation of Islam. You'll be able to talk all day about the black version of the white deity.

InI know all false prophets, idols, and deities to be just that; FALSE. Ras Tafari is the Almighty I. The might of the Almighty Trinity. That is how comes white people, and Japanese people and all kinds of people can sight HIM in His Realness. He is the One spoken of in all prophecies to all Ingels at the four corners. Whatever language or book the seeds (or breadcrumbs trail) were left in... it was for InI at the four corners to hear and recognise at the appointed time. All signs lead to the One Way.

Emmanuel speaks of African Liberation... it is the groundation. Africa is Mother of man... THE MAN, at that. There can be no peace nor balance while Africa is in bondage... this is the message of the Trinity. All that hail RasTafari have to bow to this... whatever colour skin they are, it is fact. But InI don't stop at Africa... this whole world is ours, it is all Zion, it is all heavenly and given as inheritance to Iration. Once the wicked man has spent himself, InI shall be able to visit my brothers and sistren ALL OVA THE WORLD... and hail the glory same way. Skin colour thinking is vanity, quite simply. I look for man and womban of R... God and Goddess in flesh... and when I sight them, I bow to them and hail thee I which I sight in them.

THAT actually took me a while to get to in my trod. But since I reached this ivel, it has been such a blessing, because it is effective thinking beyond just the breaking of the babylon chains of racial thinking, it is also a very sure fire way to see the sheep amongst the wolves, a way to seive out the badmind and evilous thinkers... it is very effective in general. Now that I have it, I don't know what I would do without this sensibility.

Give thanks.

Messenger: Ras KebreAB Sent: 6/13/2008 8:47:38 AM

Give thanks Empress

Someone here asked if a white person can be a spokesman for Rastafari
I dont know what that actually means,does the sheep speak for the shepherd?
Anyways,overs,Rastafari is not only a iritical uprising,but an African liberation trod. You can argue that it is about the liberation of the whole world,but read the Empresses post and sight why it is Africa first.
So,as long as Africa is in mental,spiritual and physical bondage,no white,pink,yellow person can speak for Africa.
Overs Rastafari is not only a liberation trod but also an iritical uprising.So if you truly overs it,white, black,yellow,pink,not only can you speak of it,it is your duty to speak it unto all nations

Judahheart, perhaps when the i stops looking down your nose at people,ini can have a real reasoning. Rhetoric?Advice? take it as you will
"With all the empathy in the world euroopeans can never overstand Rasfari, just as I can never understand their blue-eyed deity.
so let us start with respect."
YEs,YOU should listen to your own words and start with respect to all the honourable non black idren who are right here right now who truly overstand Rastafari,only JAH know,perhaps even better than you
In the other post,didnt you say reggae music is Rastafari? I dont want to even go into the error of that sentence, but you tell me,what is the use of it then, is it not to spread Jah word unto the four corners of the earth? what is the use of it if only black people can really overs Rastafari? Have ini just been wasting our breath?

How can a european tell me about the true nature of Rastafari?
What an ignorant question. No,im not calling you ignorant,but i sight the question as ignorant
Keep listening,and you might be surprised
but ofcourse from the way you talk,i doubt if anyone can tellyou about the nature of Rastafari,either white or black,you seem to know it all.So then if thats the case what does it matter to you. If a white man cannot tell you anything of the nature of Rastafari,atleast let them tell it to other people of their own nation,can you do that?

Read what the Empress say
"THAT actually took me a while to get to in my trod. But since I reached this ivel, it has been such a blessing, because it is effective thinking beyond just the breaking of the babylon chains of racial thinking, it is also a very sure fire way to see the sheep amongst the wolves, a way to seive out the badmind and evilous thinkers... it is very effective in general. Now that I have it, I don't know what I would do without this sensibility."
i hope you make it there too,idren

Read what the Almighty say

Above all, Ethiopia is dedicated to the principle of the equality of all men, irrespective of differences of race, colour or creed.
As we do not practice or permit discrimination within our nation, so we oppose it wherever it is found.
As we extend the hand of universal brotherhood to all, without regard to race or colour, so we condemn any social or political order which distinguishes among God's children on this most specious of grounds.

again,ini condemn ANY SOCIAL or political order which distinguishes among God's children on this most specious of grounds.

"SPECIOUS": having deceptive attraction or allure: having a false look of truth or genuineness

Messenger: IDread Sent: 6/13/2008 11:25:49 AM

In response to judahheart's last comment on I. How can the I know what I think? As far as I am aware, I have only ever reasoned on the details of my overstanding of rasta with five men and to my knowlege, the I wasn't one of them.
I see Rasta as the liberation of the world but at the same time I see Africa as the most important step. Africa has been, and still is, the continent most exploited and damaged by babylon so it should rightfully be the first to be liberated but it is by far not the only continent under babylons influence. All continents and by extension, all races are touched by babylon. Even the nations behind babylon itself have trapped themselves and their citizens in their own system.
When I look at Britain, the country of my birth, I do not see the free democracy it claims to be. I see a system that forces its citizens into its service in one way or another. Almost all roads in life in my country lead to employment that in some way that benefits the government at the expense of the majority of a persons lifetime. It is impossible to get by without benefitting babylon in some way. And this is the same in the majority of nations that are part of babylon.
Of course this is nothing compared to the plight of Africa and many other places in the world. Places that have been exploited and destroyed by babylon for their natural resources and even people. It is the realisation of this worldwide plight and the reading of Ras Tafari Haile Selassie I words that led I to search my mind for answers and eventually to tred the path of Rastafari and take up Rastafari as my faith.

Messenger: Ras Sistren Khamyl Sent: 6/13/2008 11:54:24 AM

Alright dang blasted argument! The question was asked as to whether a white man can be a spokesperson for Rastefari:

SINCE WHEN DID RASTEFARI NEED A SPOKESPERSON?

That settles the question. InI know that what is is, just as it was and foriver shall be. It is that simple, therefore no spokesperson, black or white, or any other freakin color is needed.

XCuse my tone if it offends anyone but this race related twist on everything is straight poppycock!

Everyone is a decendent of Adam and Eve! Every continent was once part of 1 continent with Afrika as the center before plate techtonics and continental drift! Everything always comes back to oneness.

-RSK

1 - 1011 - 2021 - 3031 - 39

Return to Reasoning List

RastafarI

Haile Selassie I