Use the drop-down boxes above to navigate through the Website  
Return to Reasoning List

Here is a link to this page:
http://www.jah-rastafari.com/forum/message-view.asp?message_group=2767&start_row=11

Dreams

1 - 1011 - 2021 - 25
Time Zone: EST (New York, Toronto)
Messenger: Yaa Asantewa Sent: 5/11/2008 12:10:08 PM

Blessed Love RasTafari Family... Empress Menen greetings.

I had a dream... I don't want to say vision because I found it very disturbing. I will tell thee I them about it and I look forward to the rasponses.

Just to give some background to the references. I came to live in the UK when I was around 8 years old. The house we first settled in for a long period on a certain street. Around the corner from this house was the Igbo Community Centre (my descendency is Igbo - see Nigeria) and this is where all of our community stuff went on (christenings, weddings, xmas parties, etc). OK... end of background.

Here is my dream:

I was in prison... and there were two women who were in prison with me. They had been sentenced to execution and both of them were following me around seeking my sympathy. Firstly in the dream, I was unable to see their faces and due to this was avoiding them. I did not like their vibration even though they were seeking me. Anyway, I managed to avoid them totally, especially at the point somebody came along and told me that I was not imprisoned in the same way as everybody else in this women's prison. I could leave... but I was obliged to come back. It was not an offer to escape, but to get out for a bit and come back. So... I did... I went out into the sunshine, it was a very bright day. As I was leaving the building, it became (ye know how that happens in dreams) the Igbo centre. So, I ran around the corner to the street that I grew up on. When I got to that street, my Kingman was in the front yard of the neighbours house, but in the dream it was as though the house was his. He was cleaning and sweeping the front yard when I approached. I was happy to see him and he welcomed me and comforted me. I was there for moments, when my Mother came onto the street and called me to come back, I had to go back to the prison. I was upset and confused, because even though I had the intention of not escaping totally, I was perturbed by the fact it was my mother who came to collect me and take me back. However, I went. As we got back to the Igbo centre (which was still the prison) it had become night and there was a massive gathering of people around the front of the building. They were in a rough circle. Inside the circle was a table and a man at a table with cards (normal cards from a deck - only larger size). They were spread across the table and people were going forward and collecting one. I was pushed forward, expected to join the crowd in whatever activity was going on. As I stepped forward to the table, somebody told me over my shoulder that I was to be the ace of diamonds, although the mental image was a black diamond, as opposed to the usual red. (or is the diamond ace black?). Anyway, I was still feeling perturbed by the events and I did not feel easy about the situation. So, I didn't argue with the message... but I didn't take any card... or I think I was given the card... but I dashed it by the tree that I went to stand beside when the crowd was asked to step back into forming a circle around the man at the table.

As I stood back to comply and form the circle, I was feeling increasingly uneasy. Then the man at the table started all kind of chanting and stuff... I don't remember any of the words he was saying, but my thought in my mind was kind of blase, I was like... 'freemasonry'. I was not that threatened by it, but its what I thought was going on. Anyway, the crowd were reacting, but I can't remember the reactions clearly, they were making noise anyway. So... the guy was chanting and carrying on until he came to a crescendo and shouted... 'if you have an ace card, or'... and he said another card, but I don't remember what card it was.. 'come forward!!!'. Anyway, I saw people showing their ace cards above their heads, if they had one... and many of them began to surge forward, but I was like... hmph! I was very relieved that I had dashed mine, cos I was not about to go up to the table. I was woken up at this point, but the last feeling was relief at not having a card to show at all, but also confusion and scared because I wondered why I was told or given an ace, rather than had to choose one. I was suspicious about what the plan really was... but anyway, I had woken up by now... and I was like... woah.

The dream was very clear, I remembered all these details and more as soon as I was awake. I did not feel good about the imagery at all.

So, let me know what thee I them think?

Messenger: Prince Hotep Sent: 5/11/2008 1:28:08 PM

blessed love godess

well, it's complicated, I will try to Iditate on this one, but I think it's Innected to the I roots, the I family and ties and all thos things, because community center happens to be a prison, that means the whole community wants to imprison the I. The I is free, but still obliged to be there.

This dream is Inected to the I family, this I can't interpret fully, it's up to the I.

Perhaps the family and community wants the I to be the way that the I don't want to be, the card thing is like somekind of given task or a mission in that prison(society), the status taht they want to give the I, but the I refuses to take this card, that the I soppose to play in that prison. (the diamond is red)

If this makes sense.
Well I will try to reason on this later

Messenger: Ras KebreAB Sent: 5/11/2008 10:51:39 PM

Blessed Ises

I have never,or atleast never tried to interprete dreams, except mine own perhaps, but i sort of feel, that i was meant to interprete this dream, JAH Knows

Empress, it is very strange for i to read your post,to say the least.
Just last night i was feeling a little bit like how you described you felt after the dream.
I tell you why
Last night i just sat down in front of the tv,just flicking through channels and i happened to come upon a movie. It was Cuba Gooding Jr starring and i hadnt seen it,so i lingered.
I only watched about half an hour of it. I couldnt stand to watch it at all.
I have no idea what it is called, perhaps someone here has seen it and might be able to tell you the name,or you might have seen it too.
It is a story about a white anthropologist working in Africa and he kills a bunch of people,i think, and is brought back to the US and Cuba Gooding is his lawyer.
It is the scenes in the prison that kinda disturbed i
They had one of those cruel and sadistic prison guards who run tings there, and everday, he would go around the cells and give each prisoner a card from a deck
And guess what card every prisoner hopes he gets
Ace of diamonds.
I dont even know what the ace of diamonds was worth to them, but they were going crazy for it
I dont know perhaps some visitation rights or an outside pass, i didnt stay long enough to find out, just didnt like watching it at all.

I had almost forgotten it now. Imagine i surprise to read about your dream.

Here is what i think,

I think it might be connected with what ini were reasoning about the other day, that reclusive meditation thing.
Did the i read i response? did the i read the kind of fear that i described?

The prison is this world,
Those sentenced to execution, are those that you know will never leave this world of men
If you couldnt see their faces perhaps it is because you didnt want to as you didnt like their vibes, and they seek you for they want your strength
Like ini reasoned last time about this world and the spiritual world, you have realised that you are able to leave this world and trod iritical for a time, but you are still obliged to come back to this world as you still live in this world, so you are told that you could leave and come back.
you kingman represents your family, not your blood family,but your spiritual family, your kingman,your idren,those who think and feel like you,those you are meant to trod the earth with,like minds and like hearts
And ofcourse it is your mother that would take you back Your mother would represent responsibility, the responsibilities that you have in this world,to your family and your loved ones, and all the things that keep you comong back to this world

The people at the table represent this rat race that we live in
the man at the table, represents The Man, as they say,the establishment, babylon the harlot.
The Ace of diamonds might represent the expectations that are put on people, you must be this and that and this to make it in this world, you know how it goes, and if you are not one of those things,you just out of luck
Your refusal to take a card would explain your unwillingness to play in babylon´s big game

Now i will tell the i what i leraned from that movie about why you were given a card instead of choosing one
In the movie, the doctor who sent back from Africa and put in that prison, he doesnt talk or communicate with anyone, i think there was something of him having lived with apes in the jungles of Africa.
Anway, when he comes in that prison, that cruel prison guard decides to test the doctor.
So he gives him the Ace of diamonds on purpose, because he knew that when the other prisoners saw the doctor with the ace,they would try to take it, so in order to gage the doctors strength and will to fight back,he gave it to him on purpose

Messenger: ROOK FARI SELAH Sent: 5/12/2008 12:22:26 AM

BLESSED LOVE
3 DAYS AGO I WAS WITH MY MOM ,AND ASKER IF SHE REMEBERED THE MOVIE WITH CUBA AND SEAN CONNERY
THAT SAME ONE
THE CARD WAS GIVEN SO U COULD GO OUT SIDE AND LOOK UP AT THE SKY LIGHT
ONE MAN KEPT TAKIN IT FROM EVERY ONE, AND GOIN OUT EVERY DAY
THEY WAS TRYIN TO FORCE SEAN CONNERY TO FIGHT..THE BULLY

THAT MOVIE USED TO MASH ME UP
SOME CRAZY MAN KEPT BANGIN HIS HEAD ON A CEMENT WALL WITH A HELMET ON
THE HELMET FINALLY CRAKED LIKE WISE HIS HEAD
I WAS JUST SPEAKIN OF THAT MOVIE CANT REMEBER THE NAME

Messenger: Prince Hotep Sent: 5/12/2008 12:33:43 AM

wasn't that movie with anthony hopkins my lawd? It's called "instinct"

Messenger: ROOK FARI SELAH Sent: 5/12/2008 9:03:34 AM

YES THAT IS IT GIVE THANKS
YAA BLESSED LOVE EMPRESS I BEEN AVOIDING THIS TOPIC BECAUSE I DREAM HARD AND VIVID EVERY NIGHT EVERY SINGLE NIGHT AND I REMEMBER THEM
I NEVER HAVE A EASY DREAMS SOME TIMES I WISH THEYD JUST STOP
BUT THEN AGAIN I MIGHT MISS SOMETHIN IMPORTANT
2 DAYS BEFORE BABYLON BLEW DOWN THEIR OWN TOWERS 9 9 01
I DREAMED A PLANE OR A MISSLE HIT THE UNITED BANK BUILDIND IN CANTON AND IT IMMEDIEATELY COLLOPSED DEMOLITION STYLE
SMOKE FILLED THE STREETS PEOPLE WRE RUNNIN SCREAMIN CHOKIN
AND THEN
IT HAPPENED 2 DAYS LATER I WOKE UP TO 9 11 ..
AND ALWAYS LIL SPARKS OF THESE THINGS I DREAM COME TO PASS..
'IT DRIVES ME CRAZY I DREAMED MY STEP SISTERS BOY FREIND SHOT ME..
THE NEXT DAY HE SHOT AND KILLED HER IN REAL LIFE 2 YEARS AGO
X MAS
YEA I COULD FILL THIS WHOLE FORUM WITH DREAMS THO I RATHER NOT AND WONT

ONE THING I CAN SAY IS I ALWAYS HAVE A ONE RE ACURING , THAT ENEMIES ARE CHASIN ME AND I TAKE A SMALL LEAP AND CAN FLOAT IN THE AIR LIKE WATER OR CAN JUMP LIMB TO LIMB TRU THR TREES LIKE A MONKEY
OR I CAN STAND HOVERING ABOVE MY ENEMIES
IVE HAD THIS SAME THING SINCE I WAS A CHILD IVE NEVER BEEN CAUGHT YET
I DONT KNOW WAT JAH BE SHOWIN ME BUT DEAR LORD IM A DREAMER
SELAH

Messenger: Ras KebreAB Sent: 5/12/2008 9:36:12 AM

Blessed I

Question for the i Rook,or for anyone else who dreams that hard
Does the i find that herbs calm your tendency to dream,or does it make it increase even more.

Rook i idren,before i forget, ini have to link one day, lol, compare ini collection of martial arts movies,for real
I cant rememeber which one is shaolin strikes back.i will find it
Has the i ever heard of Lui Chia Liang?
That is the only name i look for when thinking of my best movies, he is the fight instructor,in-house Master(sifu) at Shaw Brothers who later became a director and actor, i never seen anyone do martial arts quite like him,i do mean no one. Almost all my fav.movies are from him
36 chambers
Mad Monkey Kung fu
18 Legendary weapons
8 diagram pole fighter
Dirty Ho........(what a title,right?)
My young Auntie.

just to name a few

Messenger: ROOK FARI SELAH Sent: 5/12/2008 10:54:02 AM

YES MY LAWD I KNOW HIM
SHOLIN STRIKES BACK WAS
WHERE THE PRINCESS ESCAPED WITH THE IMPERIAL GAURD AND TOOK REFUGE AT THE TEMPLE
SHE WAS A YOUNG GIRL HER BODY GAURD WAS YOUNG TOO...
HE HAD LONG LONG HAIR TILL HE ASKED HER "WHY ARE MONKS SO GOOD WITH KUNG FU"
SHE SAID "CAUSE THEY SHAVE THEIR HEADS"
SHE MADE HIM SHAVE HIS HEAD
AND BECOME A MONK
THERE WAS A NEXT MONK WHO HAD A WIFE LOL WHO LIVED AT THE BOTTOM OF THE HILL ALWAYS TEMPTING HIM WITH CHIKIN TO GET EXPELLED AND COME BACK TO HER,,, WIKED MOVIE MY LAWD

MARK LONG PLAYS THE DRUK MONK WHO TEACHES THE GAURD DRUNKEN STAFF

Messenger: Yaa Asantewa Sent: 5/14/2008 10:10:19 AM

Blessed Love, RasTafarI greetings young Lords!

Give thanks for the attention. As usual, it was very very helpful, confirming some of the interpretations I had made of the dream, as well as giving suggestions and symbolic links. I was very pleased with the rasponses.

I haven't logged on for a little while, so I'm just catching up with the meds.

I was blown away to read the reference to the movie, Instinct. I have never watched, nor heard of that movie. I searched my memory to figure out whether my subconcious was regurgitating images or anything, but no... I definitely have not seen it. It sounds a bit gruesome as well :( But even the wider references speak to elements of my current situation in more ways than one... especially regarding the idea of being the one that speaks very little, communicates very little with people in the surrounding (apart from Ones I know heartically). As I was saying to thee I them, I'm getting this vibe recently where I just move through to get my bits and pieces done, but other than that I've created a small cipher, etc. So, to then be one in the dream who gets given the ace card is interesting... yes, as though some sort of test will ensue... or at least that would be the plan.

These interpretations definitely helped, particularly the ideas of the 'imprisonment' of obligation by community, family, etc. These also really shed light on certain areas / crossroads InI am reaching.

What has stayed with me in my irits since having the dream was a. the thirst of feeling while in the prison. It was a murky, horrible feeling... particularly being hounded by the two women sentenced to death. I had no guilt when I didn't want to focus on them. It was more like survival. I couldn't see their face, and didn't want to focus long enough to see them. It frigthened me to know what they were headed to and to think of what they may have done to be heading there. Then, b. I remember the feeling of warmth to reach the gates. Plus, I wonder about the symbolism of the KingMan gates being at what was my neighbours house. The neighbour who lived there while we resided on that street was a woman from Northern Nigeria called Aunty Halima and her two sons. Northern Nigerians are Muslim, they have that incensey, henna, muslim african thing about them... quite different to say, Igbos or Yorubas. Their home was REALLY cosy. Lots of carpets and rugs, soft furnishings, foodie smells in their home. I always liked their house. And I experienced that feeling of familiarity in the dream. When I reached there, I had that gushy feeling within... ye know those times where you really wanna get home cos something awful has happened and you get home to your Momma and that familiar home feeling of your own bed... and you get all gushy, like you wanna CRY with relief... but you don't. Yeah, that was the feeling.

Then, the next feeling I remember is the feeling of relief of having dashed the card I was given.

Something is coming in my life right now, where I now know I might be being offered the ace card. An enviable position to most everyone in the prison... and yes, should I take it, I will probably see tests where people would want to grapple for the position... or at least, it is the type of enviable position that people do grapple for. Or, I could dash the card and make a break for it, while others are surging forward to the man at the table and run back round the corner. This is the unknown part of the dream... what would then happen.

Argh... I dunno. What to do? What to do? I mean, I want to dash the card and run. But it seems hasty and I know all of the structures of obligation around me will be like... what THA?

SO!! Question: Realistically speaking for thee I them... right now, given all of thee I ties and obligations... would thee I them stick around and use the ace card to slip in and out. Or would thee I them dash it and run for comfort?!

Messenger: Ras KebreAB Sent: 5/22/2008 10:38:26 AM

Yes i Bless i Lord

give thanks for the link
i just watched it last night
It looked like a mainland china film, usually mainland films dont compare to hongkong films but once in a while you find a gem, and thats certainly one of them.
i was a little irritated with the copy i found, the subtitles were poor and when they fight in the dark,its almost a total black out on the screen
Still i could see enough, its a nice little story and yes i, excellent performance of drunken boxing

Yes i,seen ,thats why even though shaolin is the pinnacle,i always kind of prefered Wu Tang, because they too are a priestly order like shaolin,but they keep their long hair lol

Give thanks again
if the i has more gems like this,let i know

One more question, i always wonder about this
What does the i think if ini were to promote and spread the principles of martial arts within ini communities
I know Bobo is a priestly order,so a different works,but what would you think if any of the Rastafari mansions started the practice of martial arts.
Would you think that that goes against Rastafari principles of non violence?
but then is self defense violence?
And also,you know say even tho most people think that martial arts is all about kicking and punching,actually the fighting is the last part of it,there is so much more to it
Sometimes i wonder how much benificial it would be for ini,especially in places such as Africa.
I love the discipline it instills in one
Fyah bun the gun

Blessed Love
Rastafari

1 - 1011 - 2021 - 25

Return to Reasoning List

RastafarI

Haile Selassie I