Use the drop-down boxes above to navigate through the Website  
Return to Reasoning List

Here is a link to this page:
http://www.jah-rastafari.com/forum/message-view.asp?message_group=2719&start_row=1

suicide

1 - 1011 - 2021 - 26
Time Zone: EST (New York, Toronto)
Messenger: ciriefader Sent: 4/14/2008 3:12:10 PM

I have never been a negative person and rarely get depressed and i have no problems financially etc

however today Babylon and the way it is
made me decide i might commit suicide
not because babylon has beaten me but because i want to prove that god is right

i want to kill myself to prove that god is right and show my dissaproval of eden/babylon

i know there is something in the bible that says not to
and i am not sure what it is so i called a local christian priest and we agreed that i need to connect with someone else and others who KNOW! so that i can have strength to do what i KNOW god wants me to do

i have been swimming through mud for many years trying to do gods will so maybe this will help to connect with others that know..

i am meeting with him on wednesday

however i still do not know

where/what does it say in the bible etc that says we should not take our own lifes

i thought earlier that it was the best way i could prove god right and swear my aleigance with him i

however i now realise that maybe i can do his will without swimming through mud anymore by meeting with this priest perhaps?

jah love

Messenger: Ark I Sent: 4/14/2008 4:28:24 PM

There is nothing in the bible that specifically says not to commit suicide. Many parts can be used to support that opinion, for example how one of the commandments tells us not to kill, or other scripture that speak about the importance of Life.

So since there is nothing specific in the scriptures, I will tell you my opinion on the matter. First, in regards to your specific reason for contemplating suicide. You will not prove that God is right by committing suicide, you will only prove that you are wrong and foolish. If you disapprove of babylon, then do things to turn people towards Jah and away from babylon, or do things to fight against babylon system, then you will actually do something that has a purpose. It will be much better if you die as a result of these efforts, rather than kill yourself and die for nothing. Killing yourself will not do anything against babylon and will not do anything for God.

And another thing, if you kill yourself, it is a disrespect and dishonour to all your ancestors and also to the Almighty God Jah RasTafarI. Jah created your Life in the beginning and allowed your Life to continue to this present day. And all of your ancestors fought to survive and have children so that their Life would continue. This has been going of for many, many centuries. Are you trying to prove God wrong for creating your Life and allowing you to Live for so many centuries?

Also, trying to prove that God is right is absolutely unnecessary because God has always been Right and will always be Right, so there is nothing for you or anybody else to prove, it is already proven. But if you still want to try to prove God right, continue to Live your Life and Live it in Righteousness. Keep the Life that God saw Right to give you and saw Right to let you keep for so many centuries.

I have some more reasoning in regards to suicide in general, for the more common excuses people use to do it. I don't have very much patience in regards to weakheart people wanting to disrespect God and their foreparents by killing theirself, and wasting the struggle that their foreparents went through to continue this far. And I not only have impatience, but I also despise those who have children that rob their children of a mother or father and make their children suffer because of the loss, spiritually, mentally, emotionally, morally, financially and the countless other negative effects it has on children.

I would of course speak to a person who told I that they were contemplating it, to convince them of the value of Life. But I will not try to force anything on them. What they do with the Life given them is their choice. If they want to disrespect their ancestors then that is their wickedness. The only people that I would have Iverstanding for it are people who are extremely sick or disabled and want to free themselves from that.

It irritates I when I hear on the news about family members complaining about an institution that failed to prevent a person from killing theirself. The institutions in my opinion, spend way too much energy trying to stop a person from doing it, like I said, if they want so much to die, then they deserve what they desire. If anybody should be making sure the person doesn't kill themself, it should be the family members.

It seems that sucking up and trying to baby people who want to kill themselves just rewards and adds fuel to their obsession with feeling sorry for themselves. Part of I think they should be taken by their family members and beaten and scolded because of their disrespect to their ancestors and children and for their childish lamenting over their sorry self. People all around the world suffer so much day to day and still fight to survive, while people that have everything they need and don't suffer, cry and moan about nothing and talk about killing theirself over foolish, pointless reasons.

My opinion on this matter may seem a bit harsh. But as Christ says "He is not the God of the dead, but the God of the Living". And so I efforts and strength are not for the dead, but for the Living.

Ark I
RasTafarI
Haile Selassie I

Messenger: ciriefader Sent: 4/14/2008 5:45:28 PM

thanks ark i
i understand the strong view spoken by i

my logic at the time of contemplating suicide at the time was that
i dissaprove of babylon and couldnt stand it anymore, for a moment
i thought if i killed myself i would be joining with god and repelling adam and eves choice

why should i be forced to live within the ancestral line of adam and eve..

why should i respect these ancestors of mine who come from adam and eve?

i do not feel like i am part of them

i know not my blood father
jah god has always been the direct father i look up to

why should i have to put up with this world that 'THEY' have created that i have to live in?

anyway these were my thoughts at the time

however the priest suggested i just need to join with others like myself ...to give i strength to do the task that god has given me to do
one which so far has been very difficult on my own

many thanks for I reasoning
maybe this reply can help i see more accurately what i was meaning... no? yes?

anyway glad i didnt top myself
and i and i agree it will be much better to die fighting for i cause!!

:)

Messenger: ciriefader Sent: 4/14/2008 5:52:51 PM

ps ithis is making me wonder?

i have a question

where there any people who lived outside of adam and eves blood line?

did god create another line of people apart from adam and eve?

or do i and i all just do the best we can to be a ritcheous as possible and break free?

it would be a revelation for i to find maybe that there IS another blood line that is not part of adam and eve

Messenger: Nick1234 Sent: 4/14/2008 8:50:55 PM

Iman believe that if any person who is not seriously ill or dying , or fighting in a war who kills themselves intentionally will go to Hell

Messenger: ROOK FARI SELAH Sent: 4/14/2008 10:29:41 PM

YOU ARE SERIOUSLY DIS RESPECTING THE FATHER AND YOUR FAMILY
HONOR YOUR MOTHER AND FATHER
EVEN IF U DONT KNOW HIM
HALF OF US DONT KNOW OUR DADYS I MET UP WITH MINE A COUPLE WEEKS BEFORE HE WAS MURDERED
ITS LIFE MAN DEAL WITH IT
NO ONE OWES US ANY THING
MY UNCLE HAD A HEART ATTACK TODAY!!! MY BROTHER GAVE HIM CPR
AND HE STILL DYIN RIGHTY NOW AS WE SPEAK ON LIFE SUPPORT..
THEY WERE FISHIN WHEN IT HAPPENED...
YOU NEVER KNOW WHEN JAH GONMNA SEND FOR YOU
SO DO THE GOOD U CAN TODAY
IT SEEM LIKE SOMETHIN HAPPENS TO ME DAILY WEEKLY MONTHLY YEARLY
ITS NEVER PEACE BUT THE I CANT STOP THE FIGHT
BUT YOU DISSIN YOUR PEOPLE AND GODS FIRST BORN ADAM WHOM ALL ANGELS HAD TO BOW AND WHO GOD STILL LOVES DEARLY
U JUST TRIPPIN ..I HOPE YOU GET YOUR SELF TOGETHER

Messenger: Ras Bredren Nicholas Sent: 4/15/2008 8:55:21 AM

i have heard:

"Heaven and Hell do not Exist, Likewise the belief of a physical God and Satan; Here on Earth, Hell is what you go through, and heaven is what you make it"

the fact of it is.......is that its not so bad. the Only thing that supports the world being a terrible place and we descending from scum, is Ones and Ones own Individual perception of what is. The true essence of Our being and the planets' can never change. Whether or not this is a wonderful place or a bigggg pile of shit, all depends on whatever it is your perception stands upon.

Is the glass half empty or half full? Will you killing yourself make the world a better place? Will it have zero effect at all for our planet?

the answers to these questions no longer concern me.....

all the terrible shit going on in the world is no longer a conern of mine either.....

the natural state of our home at this point in time will not be affected by a sole person, but, what can make a difference a positive outlook. Im not sayin to look at the world in a whole new light, because that would be foolish knowing that there is mass corruption among the human race. but what i am sayin is that YOU having a positive outlook at this point, even with all the fuckry here in our neighborhoods, in time will show more people whatever it is you want to show them than what would be known if you killed yourself.

like i said, this is not my struggle, just an outlook.

Messenger: ciriefader Sent: 4/15/2008 9:28:54 AM

thanks
yes i agree
i do have a positive outlook and always have had, i rarely get depressed etc becuase of this

the thing that finally got to me yesterday was that i am worn out from being positive against such adversity and corruption all the time...being positive is tiring and i got weary of it for the first time ever!!

i guess the problem might also be that i am ambitious (i am a publisher) and want to have a big impact and effect on many people, it is the nature of being a publisher

so i think my ambition maybe got to me....maybe i can just please and make a change in a small way at these times and not be so worried about the big picture...

what can a person do when one is weary and tired and standing at the bottom of an overwhelmingly high cliff face that one cant climb?

i think maybe i just need to chill out and enjoy life for a while and not be so critical and concerned about life
i think god would be happy if i did this

thanks again for reasoning

Messenger: Ark I Sent: 4/15/2008 10:29:36 AM

ciriefader, you said,

--------------------------
maybe this reply can help i see more accurately what i was meaning...
--------------------------

I knew what you meant from your first post.

Ark I
RasTafarI
Haile Selassie I

Messenger: SunofMan Sent: 4/15/2008 7:24:43 PM

Greetings...

Cirie, there's no better union with the Almighty than right here, right Now. The system of babylonic slavery affects everyone, and especially those who create the anti-Christ mindset within themselves, for them they are truly negating their full potential. To take the I's life is running from them, but more so from yourSelf. Those of a wicked mind are doomed to death, for the righteous there is Life Everlasting. This Life is nothing but a blessing for the I to fulfill with your maximum potential. Can you really say you have nothing left to give, and nothing left to feel? Forcing yourSelf to stay positive is going to make you weary, but Living up Right is just gonna be positivity in creation no matter what surrounds the I, and positivity will be the subsequent product not just something you're trying to become. You will not go out as a martyr, there are no soldiers at your door waiting to take you out, at least I hope not, so what are you worried about. This babylon thing is minute in comparison to the Iniverse, One permanent truth is that change is always in effect and so with all the wickedness we can be firm in the knowledge that anything can change. The transition from this worldly Life will come regardless, no need to rush, just take One day at a time and look at His Majesty against tremendous adversity He NEVER got weary, always moving forward! His guidance can be used to create great strength in taking steps to becoming One with H.I.M. ::

SELAM

1 - 1011 - 2021 - 26

Return to Reasoning List

RastafarI

Haile Selassie I