Use the drop-down boxes above to navigate through the Website  
Return to Reasoning List

Here is a link to this page:
http://www.jah-rastafari.com/forum/message-view.asp?message_group=2707&start_row=1

Being with several women

1 - 1011 - 17
Time Zone: EST (New York, Toronto)
Messenger: Alexander Sent: 4/10/2008 11:35:32 AM

I would like to know what people on this forum think of having several relationships with women at the same time or from time to time. I have gotten curious about this since Bob Marley had so many relationships with women. I'm not saying that I think Marley was like a perfect person or anything, it's just that... well, he seemed to have all these relationships in good conscience.

So basically, my question is: does anyone know how he could have justified what he was doing?

Messenger: Eleazar1234 Sent: 4/10/2008 12:27:34 PM

Solomon had hundreds of wives and many Old Testament prophets had more than one wife.

Messenger: ROOK FARI SELAH Sent: 4/10/2008 2:01:29 PM

SOME SAY SOLOMON U KNOW... JUSTIFY THIS
BUT SELASSIE I THE SEALER OF ALL THINGS COME WITH ONE WIFE..
SO I PERSONALLY WOULD ONLY WANT ONE WIFE
BUT AT THE SAME TIME MAN IS MAN...
AND MAN UNLESS HE IS EXTREMELY DISCIPLINED AND SULIBENT
IF HE IS SINGLE FROM TIME TO TIME IS GONNA SEE A WOMAN IF THAT DONT WORK THAN A NEXT WOMAN...U KNOW
I DONT KNOW ANY ONE WHO SAY IT DIDDNT WORK OUT WITH THIS ONE AND I DUN GIVE THE WUK ...NO MORE IM DONE
WOMAN LIKE WISE , HOW MUCH VIRGIN DO U PERSONALLY KNOW WHO IS A GROWN WOMAN ????? FIND ONE OVER 20
LET ME KNOW WHEN U FIND ONE....{IN AMERICA }{AUSE I DONT KNOW ANY WHERE ELSE IM SPEAKIN IN BABYLON PARTICULAR}
SO PEOPLE NOT JUST MAN THAT IS A TOUCHY SUBJECT
I DONT EVEN KNOW A VIRGIN OR A 1 MAN IN LIFE WOMAN
U KNOW
RASTA OR BALDHEAD MAN HAVE CHILDREN WOMAN HAVE CHILDREN
AND MOVE ON SAME WAY..
NOW
IF ONE ABUSES AND JUST WHORE OUT THATS DIFFERENT
BUT EVERY MAN AND EVERY WOMAN IS NOT A WHORE BECAUSE A RELATIONSHIP DIDNT WORK OUT IN THE PAST
I CANT SPEAK FOR BOB ONLY I
OH YES
AND THE BIBLE TELLS U NO ADULTRY NO FORNICATION
SO INI SUPPOSE TO BE MUCH MORE DISCIPLINED IN THAT AREA
AIDS IS REAL TOO NOT TOMENTION EVERY THING ELSE OUT THERE
SO BE CAREFUL WHAT EVR YOU ARE DOIN
BLESSED

Messenger: Ras Sistren Khamyl Sent: 4/10/2008 2:08:39 PM

Bob doesn't have to justify anyting 2 no man. I've had a relationship with him through spiritual meditation. His music has protected me from negative babylon vibe and his spiritual message has provided me with positive reinforcement. Essentially, there have been times when Bob has been my husband.

Messenger: Alexander Sent: 4/10/2008 3:12:59 PM

Thank you ROOK FARI SELAH for your straight forward answers.

Personally, I feel that having several relationships is OK as long as there is trust involved and that people don't do things behind each other's back and stuff like that. And as you say, sexual diseases do exist.

I just get confused about this because I don't find the Bible to be that clear about relationships and all that. Maybe it's just better to follow my heart and conscience when it comes to these matters...

Messenger: Prince Hotep Sent: 4/10/2008 3:26:54 PM

blessed love lords and empresses

"Maybe it's just better to follow my heart and conscience when it comes to these matters..."
What else can InI follow when we are dealing with love?

Messenger: Alexander Sent: 4/10/2008 3:30:32 PM

That is true, Prince Hotep.

Messenger: ROOK FARI SELAH Sent: 4/10/2008 4:52:53 PM

ONE REASON WHY I SAY ONE WOMAN ONE MAN IS THIS
THE I SAID AS LONG AS TRUST IS INVOLVED
WELL IF U HAVE 7 WOMAN
CAN THEY TRUST U ? WHEN THE I SAYS BEHIND SOME ONES BACK DID U MEAN JUSS BE HONEST ABOUT SEX ?
IF ONE OF YOUR 7 WANTED TO SEX SOME ONE ELSE AND TOLD U WOULD U MIND?
THIS A SERIOIUS TOPIC MY LAWD
ALSO IF U DO HAVE SEVEN
WOMAN WHAT IF ONE OF THEM WANT TO BRING IN A MAN
NOW U HAVE SODOM AND GOMMORAH EVEN IF YOUR NOTT A FAGGOT
BECAUSE BABYLON IS SEXUAL IMMORALITY 3 SOME ORGY WHAT EVER
IS PAGAN
U KNOW JAH ?SO INI CANT REALLY INNA DAT
ON ANY LEVEL ALSO CONCIOUS IS KNOWIN RIGHT FROM WRONG MY CONCIOUS WONT ALLOW ME TO HONESTLY BE IN AN OPEN RELATION SHIP
WHEN I MAN SAY
ONE DIDDNT WORK A NEXT ONE COME
I MEANT IN TIME
I COULDNT PERSONALLY HAVE A RELATIONSHIP WITH 7 WOMAN IN LIFE
AT THE SAME TIME WHEN I LOVE MY WOMAN I LOVE MY WOMAN
SEE JAH
BLESSED LOVE MY LAWD

Messenger: Ras KebreAB Sent: 4/10/2008 6:36:03 PM

As an African, i can sit here and tell the i them of how ini have long traditions of marriages with one man and 3,4 women, how they work, how there is nothing adulterous about it, how the women refer to each other and love each other as sisters, how most times, it is the first wive herself who asks her husband to bring her a sister who will be an help to her.

None of it matters to i.

"I just get confused about this because I don't find the Bible to be that clear about relationships and all that. Maybe it's just better to follow my heart and conscience when it comes to these matters..."

Emperor Selassie I, Empress Menen

Perhaps thats who you should be following

Messenger: Alexander Sent: 4/11/2008 3:32:07 AM

ROOK FARI SELAH, I'm young and I don't have a lot of experience from these things so it's hard for me to properly answer all of your questions. But I see what you mean, that things can get out of hand.

I can see myself loving several women at once, but I can also see myself being bothered if a woman that I love would tell me that she is having sex with another man as well... so you see I'm a bit confused here.

And yeah, things can get out of hand and I definitaly wouldn't want to be involved if a woman told me she wanted to bring a man in or anything like that you know.

So yeah, this is truly a serious topic, and difficult...

1 - 1011 - 17

Return to Reasoning List

RastafarI

Haile Selassie I