Use the drop-down boxes above to navigate through the Website  
Return to Reasoning List

Here is a link to this page:
http://www.jah-rastafari.com/forum/message-view.asp?message_group=2705&start_row=1

"Rent a Rasta" Movie online now!

1 - 1011 - 2021 - 26
Time Zone: EST (New York, Toronto)
Messenger: Bro Dominiq Yehyah Anbesa Sent: 4/9/2008 4:38:13 PM

Ises and Love

A long time ago I read about that movie and I did not think it will be possible to watch it online soon. But now it's possible and really worth to take those 45 mins. As far as I remember it was produced by the Anti Slavery Society and that's why it is a professional done piece of work. There is also a website and enuff Iformation around the net. It is an important part that the film points out, one side of the sellout of Rasta, and it's psychological connection to slavery.

Rent a Rasta

Quedamawi Haile Selassie
Selah

Messenger: Prince Hotep Sent: 4/9/2008 5:59:16 PM

blessed love
give thanks for the video.
"for a good vacation take dem to the plantation" that was one of the quotes in the movie I feel represents what the movie is trying to show. And why did they say Selassie I died in 1975 and they show a burial of a cofin in 1992...and say that RasTa beLIEve that this was a trick.
Th real trick is to tell people God is dead and provide "proof"
Emmanuel I Selassie I JAH Ras Tafar I

Messenger: Bro Dominiq Yehyah Anbesa Sent: 4/10/2008 6:15:38 AM

Love

I see what you mean. The reason is, that film was not produced by Rastafarian but only features Interviews and participation of certain Rastafari individuals, mainly from Bobo Congress. That's why the narrator said certain things about Rasta which are not true, like the claim RAS TAFARI means Head Creator.

The socalled Funeral was in 2000.

But you see the Movie is not primarely about RASTAFARI, but about a phenomenon which affects RastafarI in the Carribean.

I would like to hear som Ipinions.
Selah

Messenger: Prince Hotep Sent: 4/10/2008 7:01:18 AM

Ises Igh

what does the I mean by saying
"certain Rastafari individuals, mainly from Bobo Congress. That's why the narrator said certain things about Rasta which are not true,"
Is the I dising the EABIC?

Messenger: Bro Dominiq Yehyah Anbesa Sent: 4/10/2008 8:49:23 AM

Love

Whoy my friend, read it, take time to think about it ... THEN answer.

I said:

"THE REASON IS, THAT FILM WAS NOT PRODUCED BY RASTAFARIAN but only features Interviews and participation of certain Rastafari individuals, mainly from Bobo Congress. THAT'S WHY the narrator said certain things about Rasta which are not true, "

THE REASON IS, THAT FILM WAS NOT PRODUCED BY RASTAFARIAN --> THAT'S WHY ...

I don't think I expressed myself so difficult.

Why you quote only half a sentence? You also only READ half the sentence?

Selah

Messenger: Prince Hotep Sent: 4/10/2008 9:31:21 AM

blessed love
I bigest Upologies to the I
I did read it, but it seemed at first that the I associated all the foolishness with Bobo Ingles from the movie.
And I quote just the part of the sentence to be clear of witch part I'm taling about, sorry.
once again I dearest Upologies my lord.

"Why you quote only half a sentence? You also only READ half the sentence?"
No need to be vain brethren.

give thanks for the clearance
Emmanuel I Selassie I JAH Ras Tafar I

Messenger: ROOK FARI SELAH Sent: 4/10/2008 12:57:34 PM

JUUUUUUSTICE
BLESSED LOVE MY LAWD DADDA HOTEP

ha ha ha YO NO MATTER HOW U READ IT IT SAYS THE SAME THING LOOK AGAIN IYAH
BROTHER WHO A WHO..... I FORGET WHO WROTE THIS NO DIS RESPECT INTENDED BUT U ARE A WISE @$$

----THE REASON IS.... THAT FILM WAS NOT PRODUCED BY RASTA...BUT ONLY FEATURES INTERVIEWS AND PARTICIPATION "OF CERTAIN INDIVIDUALS MAINLY THE BOBO CONGRESS..........
NOW U SAY "THATS WHY" THE narrator said certain things about Rasta which are not true, " BECAUSE THE NARRORATORS INFO CAME ONLY FROM BOBO SHANTY
AND DREAD HOOKERS IN MONTEGO BAY
DONT INSULT THE KING MAN INTELLIGENCE HE WAS RIGHT
FYAH BUN DREAD PROSTITUTE
FIRE BUN THE NARRATOR
FIRE BUN ANY MAN WHO DIS THE CONGRESS NO UP OLOGY !!!!!!!!!
FIRST OF ALL JUST LIKE THE MOVIE RUN AWAY SLAVE THE DREADS SAID
PHARO WAS WHITE AND EVEN HAD SOME AGREE WITH HIM HAHAHA ULL HAVE A LITTLE NOT KNOWIN ANY WHERE U GO
.....U ARE GOING TO HEAR SOME THINGS FROM SOME BREDREN THAT AN EDUCATED PERSON WILL DIS AGREE WITH
OR SHOULD I SAY JUST "KNOW BETTER"
"SUCH AS THE "HEAD CREATOR"
SOME MAN NEVER LEAVE THE HILL
AND NUFF MAN DONT KNOW AMHARIC
THE POINT IS THEM SAME BOBO
LIVE ACCORDIN TO MELCHEZIDECH ORDER,THE ORDER KING EMMANUEL IS THE IN BODYMENT OF IN FULNESS
SOME THIN,
MOST COMMON EVERY DAY EDUCATED SO CALL RASTA KNOW NUTHIN ABOUT
IF A ONE SAY RAS MEAN
HEAD
TAFARI MEAN
CREATOR
THAT DOESNT MEAN IT ISNT TRU
SELASSIE I IS THE HEAD CREATOR IT MEANS ORAL TRADITION GET TRU
THE MAN JUST DONT KNOW AMHARIC
I GREW UP THINKIN THAT DEFINITION IS CORRECT
THE BIBLE IS FULL OF MIS TRANSLATION BUT IT IS STILL WHAT INI READ{MOST OF US ANY WAY}
IT STILL FULL UP WITH TRUTHS

ALL STRENGTH AND ITECTION

Messenger: ROOK FARI SELAH Sent: 4/10/2008 1:18:11 PM

THE REASON IS, THAT FILM WAS NOT PRODUCED BY RASTAFARIAN but only features Interviews and participation of certain Rastafari individuals, mainly from Bobo Congress.
THAT'S WHY the narrator said certain things about Rasta which are not true, "
SO IF THEY WOULD OF INTERVIEW... WHO ELSE BINGHI 12 TRIBE WHO WOULD HAVE TOLD INI THE TRUTH LOL
READ IT AGAIN AND AGAIN LOL
U DONT HAVE TO BE A RASTA TO DOCUMENT RASTAFARI AND BRING OUT TRUTH
INI KNOW HOW TO GET TRUTH ANY WAY IT COMES
WHAT IT REALLY SOUND LIKE IS THE MAN IS UP SET THEY DIDDNT INTERVEIW U TO TELL US RASTAFARI LOL
I STILL KEEP READIN THIS TO SEE WHAT U TRIED TO SAY BUT IT CAME FROM THE HEART SO...WHAT PEOPLE FEEL ABOUT BOBO ALWAYS SURFACE
ALWAYS
BLESSED LOVE

Messenger: Prince Hotep Sent: 4/10/2008 2:47:55 PM

blessed heart of love my lord
give thanks for the reasoning King
Mooore fyah!!!
when the I shed the light on it, it really seems the way it is.

Since I Inglish is not the best, I tought I really mis overstod what he said and insulted the brethren, so I humbled Iself and Up oligised, but in reality it was the other way around.
Even if the bro is not a wolf in sheeps clothing and this is a BIG mis overstanding, though I doubt it, one needs to humble ONEself still.

Messenger: ROOK FARI SELAH Sent: 4/10/2008 3:08:18 PM

my lawd
blessed love
i dont feel he is a wolf i think
that man and man see things different on levels of what is RASTAFARI BUT ITS GOD TIME NOW
I THINK HE IS INTO WHAT EVER HES INTO
BUT LIKE I SAID THE WORLD DONT LOVE BOBO
SEE IT JAH

1 - 1011 - 2021 - 26

Return to Reasoning List

RastafarI

Haile Selassie I