Use the drop-down boxes above to navigate through the Website  
Return to Reasoning List

Here is a link to this page:
http://www.jah-rastafari.com/forum/message-view.asp?message_group=2692&start_row=21

Why are some ras ignorant towards the i

1 - 1011 - 2021 - 3031 - 4041 - 46
Time Zone: EST (New York, Toronto)
Messenger: dirtyd Sent: 4/10/2008 1:18:18 AMHidden - Offensive
View Message  Reply

Messenger: Bro Dominiq Yehyah Anbesa Sent: 4/10/2008 6:34:35 AM

Ises

I believe there are just a few places where you are FORCED to eat meat. Tell Inuits or people living in the dessert to become veggie, it would be foolish. I also do not think that you suffer mal nutrition when you stop eating flesh (when you are not FORCED, as I said). Even in Ithiopia it was possible, but not easy when you are travelling outside of the fasting seasons. But that's surely not the place for me to start eating flesh and blood, and when I say blood, it really means blood in Ithiopia.

Selah

Messenger: Yaa Asantewa Sent: 4/10/2008 8:53:27 AM

I have found that non-meat, non-dairy eating practice is the most nutritious. I know what the rumours are, we all get that especially from African parents, it's like they think InI shall shrivel up and die. My biggest testimony is my youth. She eats as I do, and thee I them can imagine the lines I get... "why don't you let her grow up and choose for herself?"... erm, so as a Mother who knows what dead (tortured to death, by the way) flesh is, I should stuff it in my youths mouth? Even if I'm wrong, for the fact I see it the way I do, it would be a wickedness to I to do it. Anyway, my rasponse is... why don't you feed children veggie and let them decide to eat meat when they grow up and can decide on what they are really doing.

But anyway, as I was saying, she is nearly 4 years old and has not eaten meat. At first, being young, I was nervous to tell the truth. Ye know... small self doubt and wishing to do the best for her... but I persevered knowing in my heart that I was at least contributing to the preservation of her natural spirit and the vitality that brings to the body, mind and spirit. She is sooo healthy. She is strong, and her body is lean and well built, her teeth are beautiful, and she does not have the types of behavioural issues that I see many of her peer group with. More to the point, I am not kidding, this child NEVER gets sick. All the children around her will have running noses, or the usual types of children's lurgies... and she never does (PRAISE SELASSIE I KING OF ALL KINGS). There was a time this gastro-enteritis (spelling?) thing was going around her play group, I was so nervous she might get it; vomiting, diarhoea, fever... and then there was a night she seemed like she was heating up, she had a runny belly for one night and that was it. I know that the virus got her but could not take hold. I think it was down to the lack of stale bacterias in her body. Whatever does into her body has a smooth passage and is processable and digestable and passable. Meat stays in your body for weeks... getting stale and mouldy... so any virus or illness can sit on it and feed on it. I think that virus are not vegetarian... LOL. Well, like any sick and dying animal attracts all kinds of organisms... right?

Yeah, so I think the malnutrition thing comes when the body needs to readjust it's digestive mechanisms to suit the ital track. Almost like being ill and recovering, there is a recovery period for the adult body that has been made used to consuming flesh. But once the channels clear, there is health (which is wealth).

Blessed Love my Lords & Empresses, always praying for thee I them strength in these judgement days.

Selassie I first LIVES.

Messenger: Ras KebreAB Sent: 4/10/2008 9:53:33 AM

Blessed Love

Yes i Empress, i can relate to what the i is saying because just during these last few weeks,i have seen almost everyone around i has gotten sick,some kind of virus again. I saw it begin with just one person,and one by one,i saw each fall to this virus,sore throats,runny noses,feverish and weakened by it. And time and time again, these youths, who i come into regular contact with through work and things kept telling i, Ras, you will be the next one to catch this virus. I just kept smiling, like, we will see. Now the virus done doing damage and everyone is on the mend, and i am still smiling lol
The only major difference in livity that i see between i and all of them is i dont eat flesh

One thing i i dont overs is, how some people go veggie for a time and then revert back to flesh eating. i cant comprehend that. Not why they would do it, but how. I havent eaten meat for so long that just the smell of it is enough to send i running lol

RASTAFARI

Messenger: dirtyd Sent: 4/10/2008 1:10:39 PM

Greetings Ark-I,
My name is Donovan Collins. I am over at my good friends house , using his computer to tell you some truths that you may not want to hear or believe, but that does not change the reality. I toured with Mr. Joseph Hill and Culture as the keyboard player from 1992 thru 1995 and first I must tell you that I have the deepest respect for Joseph. He was a wonderful human being who inspired, loved, and entertained literally millions of people with his music and his vibrant personality. But, I must also share with you an insight that I myself had soon into my touring with Joseph, and that was this: Joseph was a vessel, not a source. Joseph had a gift that few human beings are given. His ability to channel his vision into music is unique. But at the end of the day, and at the begining, Joseph was just a man. That fact was not lost on him. Others tried to say he was this or that, a prophet or whatever.....but Joseph knew what he was, and wasn't.. He faced many of the same challenges that we all face every day and many times he was exemplary, but many times he also fell short. He would often loose his temper with people and sometimes be quite rude, but he realized what he had done, and I trust he regretted it later. He ate very poorly on the road, as did all of us.....I don't know if you have ever toured with a band or not but life on the road is unforgiving to say the least. Once when we toured France, we played 28 shows in 30 days!!!! Brutal...up @ 9 a.m., hit the road, drive till 5 p.m., soundcheck, back to the hotel, a few hours rest, back to the clubvenue, play till 1 a.m., leave the club at 2 or 3 a.m., sleep till 8 a.m. and then get up and do it all over again.....for a month(or 2 or 3) I personally saw Joseph eat at Kentucky Fried Chicken at least 20 or 30 times...and I must add that they loved it!!!! He and his wife Pauline(all respect due) would yell at the driver to stop at the next spinning bucket!!!!
I'm sorry if this clashes with your impression of Joseph as all-pure but that is the fact of the matter....I saw where you quote Joseph's lyrics in defense of this impression, but many men and women don't actually allways live up to what they preach in public....I must again say that I have nothing but love and respect for Joseph and his family...we spent many good times together and his music still moves me to this day...the first time I ever saw Joseph, my band was opening the show, I was moved to tears with his singing of the song "Wings of a Dove"...literally moved to tears....and my good friend Don Kodzai , the guitar player in that band, does in fact still live in the same town as I.......go figure.... My full name is Donovan Collins and my e-mail is madkeys70@hotmail.com and phone # is 704-905-2476 ...I welcome your comments .....and to quote Joseph himself "Dog was made to bark and bite, Man was made to f*#^ and fight" Respect

Messenger: ROOK FARI SELAH Sent: 4/10/2008 1:28:17 PM

OH LAWD
LET SAY SOMETHIN U MIGHT DIS AGREE WITH
IF THAT MAN EAT CHICKEN DOES IT AFFECT ME ???
NO
I HAD A BREDREN WHO NEVER EAT MEAT NONE NOT EVEN FISH
AND HIM KILL 2 PEOPLE IN THE DAY TIME OVER MONEY ...IN JAIL PROBABLY EATIN PORK RIGHT NOW STILL
MY BROTHER A VEGETERIAN RASTAMAN TURNED TO CRACK AND ROBBED EVERY ONE IN TOWN
UNTILL IT CAUGHT UP WITH HIM
SO IF U ARE KNOWN ON THE OUT SIDE IN BABYLON FOR BEIN A MAN WHO EAT CHICKEN {THE SAME THEY SAY BOUT SIZZLA} ALONG WITH HIS HENNESSY
{I STILL LOVE HIM TOO}
BUT DO WHAT JOSEPH DID AND SPREAD ALL OVER THE WORLD RASTAFARI
TO NOW
AND IF MY NAME WAS DUTTY D I WOULDNT TALK ANY THING ABOUT CLEAN LIVITY
U DIDDNT EVEN HAVE TO BRING ANY OF THIS SHIT UP LET THE MAN REST IN PEACE HE LEFT A GOOD THGING ON THIS EARTH LET HIM BE
A SERBIAN AN ETHIOPIAN AN AMERICAN A JAMAICAN A ENGLISH MAN A LITHUANIN MAN
ALL KNOW JOE FOR HIS MESSAGE OF RIGHTOUSNESS
HIS KFC DONT AFFECT ME
I CANT EVEN SMELL IT
THE POINT IS U HAVE SOME MAN WHO SEEM WELL CLEAN ON THE OUT SIDE NO MEAT TURBON
DUTTY AS HELL
AND U HAVE SOME MAN WHO EAT KFC WHO HAVE REAL LOVE AND ISIS TO THE KING AND GENUINE LOVE FOR ONE ANOTHER
SO ALL INI CAN DO IS WHAT INI KNOW IS RIGHT
NOTHIN ANY ONE ELSE EATS CAN TURN YOUR BELLY

Messenger: ROOK FARI SELAH Sent: 4/10/2008 1:41:27 PM

BY THE WAY IF MY NAME WAS DIRTY D
"SOUNDS LIKE A STRIPPER"
I WOULDNT EVER TALK ABOUT NEGATIVE THINGS TO THE WHOLE WORLD ABOUT ANY RASTAMAN SPECIALLY JOSEPH HILL
THE MAN IS A LEGEND LET HIM BE

Messenger: Ark I Sent: 4/10/2008 2:00:38 PM

Donovan,

I don't have an impression of Joseph Hill as all-pure. As I mentioned, I never met him. Also, I don't look to reggae singers to decide how I should Live I Life.

There were a few things that made I suspicious of dirtyd's claim. One thing was that I have never heard that anywhere else, except from him and now you. Another thing was it didn't match what Joseph Hill spoke. I Iverstand that reggae singers have their own weaknesses like everybody else, but why bother writing songs against eating flesh if you eat flesh. There are so many songs Joseph Hill sung that had nothing to do with what people eat, so why bother putting a couple of songs talking about that. Another thing that made I suspicious was his eagerness to talk about Joseph Hill eating flesh. The first time he mentioned it was in a topic about tattoos, there was no mention about flesh eating before his post. But at least in that situation, I could somewhat see why somebody might mention it because both tattoos and eating flesh is something that RasTafarI often speak against. But when he decided to put it up a second time, it had basically no relevance to the topic being discussed.

And on top of his eagerness to talk about Joseph Hill eating flesh, I didn't see him talking about anything else about Joseph Hill, either before he wrote the KFC thing the first time, or in between writing it the first and second time. He mentioned a few other little things about Joseph Hill after the second time, but nothing of much significance. So what I wonder is, if dirtyd spent all this time with Joseph Hill travelling across Europe and the States, why is the only thing he has to say about him is that he ate KFC. Is that the only thing he brought out of that experience?

He shows no Respect for Joseph Hill. And dirtyd, don't come crying and say what do I know about whether or not you Respect Joseph Hill. You either don't Respect him or you imagine you Respect him but don't Iverstand what Respect is.

Respect is much more than a feeling, it is also an action. And I can see by your action that you lack Respect, either through refusal or ignorance of Respect.

If you were a man that had Respect for Joseph Hill, I should have seen a lot of reasonings about your experiences with him, showing his greatness. I am not saying that you wouldn't say anything negative about him. Also, I am not saying that you wouldn't have mentioned anything about KFC, but firstly, it wouldn't be your number one priority to talk about it, secondly, it wouldn't be the only thing you said about him, and if you did talk about it, it would have been in a reasoning that was more fitting for that discussion. But instead you made it your priority to find any way to mention it. And in addition to that, you mentioned it out of pure selfish reasons, in an attempt to justify your own weakness.

As I mentioned at the top of this message, I don't look to reggae singers to decide how I should Live I Life. And even more so, I don't point my fingers at reggae singers or anybody else, to try to excuse and justify my own weaknesses.

Ark I
RasTafarI
Haile Selassie I

Messenger: Ras Sistren Khamyl Sent: 4/10/2008 2:03:18 PM

dirtyD are you my friend from Reggae At Will?

Messenger: ciriefader Sent: 4/10/2008 2:40:16 PM

just wanted to mention me tried to be a vegitarian
i managed it for about 6 months but then i found it was making me ill
and my tummy potted out
so i had to go back to eating dead flesh :(

i am assuming this is because we have evolved like our teeth to need meat so i aks for forgiveness ...i did try but i cant become ill...
i took all the vitamins and omega etc etc but still it didnt work

i feel so sorry for all the animals that have eyes and that life is taken from them

1 - 1011 - 2021 - 3031 - 4041 - 46

Return to Reasoning List

RastafarI

Haile Selassie I