Use the drop-down boxes above to navigate through the Website  
Return to Reasoning List

Here is a link to this page:
http://www.jah-rastafari.com/forum/message-view.asp?message_group=2692&start_row=1

Why are some ras ignorant towards the i

1 - 1011 - 2021 - 3031 - 4041 - 46
Time Zone: EST (New York, Toronto)
Messenger: bigginer Sent: 3/31/2008 9:40:28 AM

right when i go to the city center were i live i see rasta brothers and some sistren but some bow out of respect but some dont. sistren dont talk to me at all or even smile or look at me. but i think it cuz i skin ini am only quarter black but if u look at me u would not know so i think it cuz the ebm and maybe the think ini am white and cant overstand i just think ignorants is chupid and unlawful

BLESS GIVE THANX TO
JAH RAS TARFARI
JAH KURIOUS

Messenger: dirtyd Sent: 3/31/2008 7:20:18 PM

I would hope thats not true.If i'm not mistaken,your name on here is beginner?Maybe they thought you seemed awkwered or different and wrongly judged you in their heads,alot of people are like that.I've had locks since I was 16 years old.I only cut them off once,and when I did I noticed people treated me different at public gatherings for some reason.I can now stuff them in my back pockets they are so long.But like Morgan heritage say's-you don't haffi dread to be Rasta.I can't see any significant ceartain reason why you would be targeted or ''looked at funny''.Alot of people also go through some kind of a phase and brag and flaunt Rasta Fari and wear the cloths and fake the accent to be different without really understanding what their talking about.Maybe they judged you like that.You were also talking about being a quarter black and maybe thats why.I'm all white and I'm 33 years old,I found Rasta philosophy at 15 and have been changed ever since.I can;t honestly claim Rasta because I'm forced to pay taxes and eat food thats grown with hormones,and have tattoos,''one is a huge lion of judah''.I eat meat from time to time but not alot.All these things about me are a negative in true rasta way,although Rasta has changed my life in a great way,and i'm very glad that I understand the philosophy I can't honestly claim Rasta,even though I try.I don't think you should feel like you have to prove anything to someone that won't give you a chance in the first place,respect,D

Messenger: dirtyd Sent: 3/31/2008 7:26:07 PM

ps.-when I traveled with Joseph hill and Culture with the band ''Dub Access''playing congas,I remember joseph loved kentucky fried chicken.And it reminded me how hard it is to live the true rasta way when your engulfed in babylon.I wonder if those frowning people you spoke of would frown to know that.everyone is a beginner to me,its really hard to master life and avoid temptation in this world of evil.Its almost like the wrong side won when it comes to mankind.I wish the good didn't haft to be surrounded by the wicked.If you are a good person and believe in your beliefs,then there should be no-one giving a fake bow to you or turning their backs to you when you pass,maybe you should give them an obvious fake bow back!

Messenger: Ark I Sent: 3/31/2008 10:47:01 PM

dirtyd,

You said that about Joseph hill a few months ago. I thought you were just talking foolishness. Did you actually see him eat KFC? The reason I ask is because based on some of the sounds he chants, it doesn't make any sense that he ate it.

Here are a couple of songs from the album PayDay that was released in 2000.

-------------------------------
Chicken Titty

Whap'n sah, leggo mi fowl!
Him have no titty
What you mean, you want fowl breast to eat?
What you want it for?
Them telling lie on the chicken
Telling lie on the chicken
Say that them eat off him breast
The chicken nah got no titty
Chicken no got no titty
Because them telling lie on the chicken
She use a wing to shelter her young one
A wing to shelter her young ones
A wing to shelter her young one
Because she nah no titty
The chicken no got no titty
The chicken no got no titty (How you say?)
Them telling lie on this poor chicken
Because them eat off him breast
Whap'n sah, leggo mi fowl
Whap'n sah, leggo Miss Mary fowl
The fowl nuh have no breasy
Look, if it have breast, you see nipple
Hey, whap'n, son?
Leggo the lady fowl
Want put up the chicken
Want fi put saddle pon the chicken
Want fi put saddle pon the chicken
The whole of them a ride pon the back
The chicken nah got no titty
Chicken nah got no titty
So them telling lie on the chicken
Say that them want quart a milk
Chicken no got no titty
Telling lie on poor chicken
Go on son, stop from milking Miss Mary fowl
You done hear she say when the fowl a pop
You will get one
So stop from doing that
Go on, son
Go answer the door so the cock come in
Go on, son, stop milk Miss Mary fowl
Move the bucket from beneath the fowl breast
Gwaan , son an do it. You hear what I say?
Still telling lie on poor chicken
Them telling lie on the
Said that them eat off him breast
Chicken no got no titty
Telling lie on poor chicken
Chicken nah got any breast (no nipple)
Chicken no got no titty
Them telling lie on the chicken
Until them swallow chicken problem
Chicken no got no titty
Chicken no got no titty (Whap'n sah)
Chicken no got no titty
Chicken no got no titty
Stop milk Miss Mary fowl
You remember the other man, Mr. Busta, rooster
And ride him and go to Reggae Sunsplash a Montego Bay
and back to Kingston
Whap'n sah, didn't do it
-------------------------------

--------------------------------
You know what I want?
All presidents and Prime ministers fi hear this!
Good Times!
Lucifer is having a party in hell
Good times!
Who's his patron I can tell
Whether you are dressed in red
White or blue or pink or green
Rasta won't be there (on that scene)
Many bottles of whiskey will be down there (down a bimbo)
Good times!
Many slices of pork will be there
Good times!
Rastaman a vegetarian
I am no barbarian
I don't need to be on your menu

There also have a bus ride too
Good times!
A jumbo jet will be flying, too
Good times!
You've got to be an inequity worker before you can
earn a ticket to sit
On any one of those transportation
This nation
Good times!
Satan is having a party down in hell
Good times!
Mi don't want nuh of dem dinner
Mi belly a go swell

Good times!
Have a bowl, a knife, a throat
You no know what in a the pocket of him cloak
Lucifer come so you better keep wake
Who is the conductor?
Lucifer is having a party down in hell
Have a good time!
Good times!
Rastaman a no junkie- him no drink wine
Good times!
By the sweat of your brow you eat bread
Some people say they will live and beg
But rastaman just can't live with that on his head
Good times!
Rastaman can not live with that on his head
Good times!
So when you see I work 'til I sweat (nuh call it no sweat you know)
Good times!
My little one is called dignity
Good times!
I nuh work for Lucifer! I work for my community!
So the wet that came down my forehead is called dignity
Whooah, don't you that
Good times!
Lucifer is having a party down in hell
Good times!
The chief ministers with their robbers and tief
Good times!
Don't think this owl a bite
Never steal my bother yet
Sleep on mi bed at night so mi nuh haffe fret
Whooah- good times!
Sleep on mi bed an mi quiet
Mi nuh haffe fret
Good times!
Never tried to kill an infant yet
For if you do that you eat food a Satan party 'til you wet
Everything in hell is for free
You can eat for both you and me
I don't want to be sitting next to you in a chair
Good times!
Good times!
Wicked man, you are invited, well
Good times!
I can not chew big bones so well

Threaten 'til me soundboy swell
Tell Satan fi go to hell
I won't be there!
Good times!
Have a good time!
--------------------------------

Ark I
RasTafarI
Haile Selassie I

Messenger: dirtyd Sent: 4/1/2008 12:19:10 AM

as a matter of fact I did.we traveled accross europe and the states.the guitar player at the time for dub access ""Don Kodzai''was from Zimbabwe and could'nt get his passport renewed and had to stay in the states.they used to make up their own crazy lyrics to other songs on their bus.I know he has said he was a Rastaman and not a barbarian,and he likes a likkle fresh rice cause he's an italist,but its true.Joseph was like a vessel spreading the good word.And his soul will forever live on through his messeges and what he did for Jamaican music and Rastas.He was a true natural and music and lyric just seemed to flow right out of him.He never wrote any of his music down cause he said he didn't want people to steal it.HE would say ''now you just go bomp bomp bomp and he goes janka janka janka and then he would start singing to it.we used to sell him the herb until he quit for a good while.Don would say ''your up there talkin bout legalization fi di ganja herb and you got all these kids singin along and then get mad at them for smoking ganja in the front row,and even walked off stage a few times.then he started chiefing again.He told me about this spring in Jamaica that was hot on one side and cool on the other and that thats where he would go to cleanse his soul.I wouldn't make that up.I shouldn't say that about him though,I hope i'm not offending anyone.But his whole band would stop at kfc and get chicken,they loved it,ask Kenyatta if his dad ate kfc.I've seen alot of self claimed Rastas drink beer,smoke ciggarettes and cheat on their wives.Its hard for alot of people to truley claim the rasta way and go through with it,i've seen it with my own eyes.I met him for the last time in my hometown of all places at amos south end in charlotte nc.2 months before he passed.I'm so glad to have met and chilled with a man of such natural skill.I'm in no way putting him down,but yes I saw him eat chicken,him and the rest of his band inside a kfc,and got some to go.if you don't believe me,let me know and i'll give you one of his guitarists phone number.We all have pics with him.I have a pic with Joseph with spliffs in hand and arms around each other.

Messenger: dirtyd Sent: 4/1/2008 12:28:05 AM

I can recite every lyric to payday,actually the song payday is my favorite song on the cd,exept for legalization.I also have scientist dubs cultures payday.I like on the cd of payday how its got doller bills with josephs face on them,not the cover of payday but the cd itself.Tribal war cannot solve the problem was a Jamaican anthem.He was a prophet to me,very influential.I'm pretty much the trivia wiz when it comes to jamaican music from 1965-1983.It took me many years to fully understand jamaican patiou,I really wanted to know what they were saying.since I was born in north carolina,it was a little hard for me,but yes I know what he said in his songs,but he ate kfc

Messenger: dirtyd Sent: 4/1/2008 12:39:23 AM

the cd ''stronger than ever''is to me their most influential album

Messenger: Nick1234 Sent: 4/1/2008 3:16:36 PM

Yo I live in Charlotte NC my adress is 6017 Summerstone Place. Ima go "take a trip down to the riverside" and smoke some herb now cause I just came from a hard day of school work!!!

Maybe we could smoke up some time dirtyd I have springbreak all of next week. My ganja dealer did LSD a couple of days ago but I think Im just going to keep to the pure natural ganja.

Rastafari is

Messenger: Ras Sistren Khamyl Sent: 4/2/2008 1:52:21 PM

You will know when you are among rasta. It won't be outward appearance. Dreds and afrocentric colored clothes are the latest fads. I cut my locs when they started wearing them like they did the jerri curl in the 80's (everybody got one eventually)because I felt the need to set myself apart. Currently I am loc'ing again but my hair stays tied down and i wear a wig when on the plantation. I wear headwraps in all other public situations and I only completely uncover my head in my home. I am personally determined to keep my crown covered until my future king man uncovers it on our wedding night.

Messenger: Nick1234 Sent: 4/2/2008 3:04:36 PM

Why would it matter if Joseph Hill ate KFC? The band was propably on tour and needed some quick food. Bands that are touring don't always have the biggest budgets in the world and perhaps they were desperate for some quick food.

I and I agree that ital food is important and is an essential part of the Rasta livity, but what about the saying its not the food you eat but the words and actions of a man that defile him. In I and I view it would be alright if a hungy starving person ate unclean food if it was absolutely neccessary. Then again, maintaining an ital diet is the holy and healthy thing to do and one should strive to do so if it is in one's ability to do so.

JAH RASTFARI

1 - 1011 - 2021 - 3031 - 4041 - 46

Return to Reasoning List

RastafarI

Haile Selassie I