Use the drop-down boxes above to navigate through the Website  
Return to Reasoning List

Here is a link to this page:
http://www.jah-rastafari.com/forum/message-view.asp?message_group=2689&start_row=1

The Crash

1 - 1011 - 20
Time Zone: EST (New York, Toronto)
Messenger: Ras KebreAB Sent: 3/28/2008 10:31:15 PM

She came to me like an angel of mercy
like food when hungry,water when im thirsty
and she did nurse me,like my name is Gregory
I´saac, I´mGlad that she found me worthy

Let i give thanks for all the woman indoors
who cook all the food and scrub all the floors
She a make sure that the children are clothed
Give them food to eat when dem a asking for more
And she is ever there for her home and her household
never disappear like a stamp on a passport
Jah knows
how she travel the hard road
and her home
is not much more
than zinc fence and cardboard
Only she alone i chant for
So tell the politicians stop the damn war
Cuz she nah want fe send her likkle youths dem
to the killing fields where babylon will shoot dem
For babylon dont know about a mothers Love
Just to survive dem dont know what a mother does
And Mother was
A warrior,mother was a soldier
beside King Selassie I,Mother was Omega
Mother was Empress Nzingha
Empress Makeda and Queen Asantewa
Good Men they follow her
No harm shall come to her
The wings of the Lord shall always shadow her

And ini say
one bright day, it shall come to pass
when the last shall be first and the first shall be last
So give her what she asks for
she does deserve it
she is worth it
comfort her when she is hurtin
Nothing in this world is for certain
except her words and
her burnin desire to keep workin
food haffe come for the baby that she nursin
She never lose her faith when the situation worsen
So so so special
this person be
Joy of the earth let every person see
let every person know,
who it is they scorned
who they took from her home
who was forced to look while her children fell like leaves in the storm
whose babies were torn
from the mothers arms as soon as they were born
who was thrown overboard, stolen from the shores
who was bought and sold and brought to the heart of rome
They treated her so cold, but her heart was warm
Smile on her face, but her heart was in mourning
tired of the roaming
in her heart she hears a voice calling
saying come home little darling
As a teen
she became keen on Marcus Garvey speeches
it left her speechless
she became proud of her racial features
Now she teaches the future teachers
prepare for the future before the future reach us

One last thing about this little white girl
grew up with the privileges of this white world
they told her dont come in the sun or your skin might burn
but she look up to the Son and He give her the right Word
and those eyes of hers, have seen a lot through the years
the highs and lows,she seen the best,better,worst

.......................................and CRASH

Some of the i dem must have wondered what happened to i that i wrote the "this day" post, i am sure Ark I for one, the i must have wondered.
well, i finally bring iself to talking about it lol
Thats exactly what happened
thats exactly what i was working on and i had reached exactly on that point when it happened

I think it was the closest i have ever come to shedding tears over a material thing, but ofcourse its not the lose of the material that hurt so much
I dont know if any of the i dem have ever experience anything similiar to this but
thanks to the wonderful world of computers, in an instance, i saw atleast two years of hard work gone, just like that
Two years of sweat,two years of sacrifices, of time spent away from family and friends. For the love of i work, i put everything else to the back, telling iself, just take care of today, do your work,tommorow will take care of itself
but didnt really work out that way

So i been iditating, iditating
and I hear I Father ask I one thing, are you giving up just like that, over one set back?
The other day, i was watching a documentary of the life of Bruce Lee
Note:if you ever really check Bruce, you will see what he did for Martial Arts,is very similiar to what Rasta has done to religion...eeeneway
So i am watching said documentary, when Bruce was living in america, he gets the news that his father just died, and he gets this news at a very low point in his life, frustrated because he couldnt find any work, bills stacking up, family to feed, looking by while films that he should have been in where given to white actors.....so one can imagine how news of a family death could have felt at such a moment. Hard to imagine that he could have had any kind of optimism at that time.
So he goes back to his childhood place,Hong Kong for the funeral....and what happens, within a year he would be the biggest thing in asia, the world to follow soon
As i was watching this, feeling down and things, it just hit i like a ton of bricks, you know, as they say, it was just the kick in the pants i needed
What the idren Peter Tosh say,
And I try
I said I try
I try
I really try try try
But I got to
Pick myself up
Dust myself off
Start all over, again

So be it.

By the way, if the one called Movado ever comes online on Jah Forum lol, i never thought you could give strength to one like i, you talk too much gun business, but still, i big you up for making that song "On the Rock", i needed that

The greatest thing i have ever learned
is to Love and be Loved in Return

"" All men are endowed with natural responsibility. This responsibility is in turn distributed and delegated to all according to his gift, and it is expected of each one to fulfil his responsibility. This responsibility in turn is to God and thus for example, and would start his work asking God to bless the beginning and thank God for a good ending too.
We believe that all people in all of their responsibilities delegated to them will begin and finish their work in God's name"

Holy I Selassie i JAH RASTAFARI

Messenger: Ras KebreAB Sent: 3/29/2008 12:54:05 PM

Joy Joy Joy Sabbath here Hail the Lord of the Sabbath Holy I Selassie I JAH RASTAFARI KING ALPHA QUEEN OMEGA Beginning without end

I woke up in Ithiopia this morning
Open i window let the breeze come in
Feel almost reborn
High I I
Light drizzle falling
Look up in the sky
Surprised to sight
Two banners of JAH Covenant
Two flags of Ithiopia
right over i head

Give thanks and Praise,JAH is Wonderful
"Oh that men would praise the LORD for his goodness, and for his wonderful works to the children of men!
For he satisfieth the longing soul, and filleth the hungry soul with goodness. SELAH
RASTAFARI IS

Messenger: Nick1234 Sent: 3/29/2008 2:02:33 PM

Sittin' in the morning sun
And watching all the birds passing by
Oh how sweet they sing
And oh how much I wish that I could fly

And I try
I said I try
I try
I really try try try

But I got to
Pick myself up
Dust myself off
Start all over, again (CHORUS 2x)

Sittin' in the midday sun
And wondering where my meal's coming from
After working so hard
Not even piece of bread at the yard

And I said I try
Oh Lord I try
I try
I really try try try

Sittin' in the evening sun
And watching the same birds passing by
Sittin' and wondering
And waiting for the time for me to fly

And I try
I said I try
Good Lord I try
I really try try try

So long and I just find
It was just a waste of time
So long and I just find
I been been wasting all my time

I've got to pick myself up...

Messenger: Prince Hotep Sent: 3/29/2008 3:36:33 PM

blessed love my lawd
yes I felt high this day too, I guess it's because finally the Sun came back to I country to shine, no more snow, give thanks for the little things and those things make up Big things and the BIGest is our shield and our defender Selassie I Jahovia God JAH Ras Tafar I
And give thanks to JAH that HIM help InI to come through the hard things.
Praise Emmanuel I Selassie I
JAH Ras Tafar I

Messenger: Ark I Sent: 3/29/2008 10:40:36 PM

I can imagine how you feel, I can almost feel the emotions and stress just thinking about it. I have lost small things in the past because of computers, but I am usually careful enough to prevent the loss of a lot. The following reasoning might sound like a lecture that you are not interested in hearing right now, but it is important, so that is why I will say it anyway.

You can't trust computers, harddrives, CDs or even paper, they are too temporary, here today, gone tomorrow.

It is always safest to use all three, and adding a few external hard drive backups would also be useful. So that if one goes(harddrive, CD or paper), you have others to use to recover, and if a few go, then you will hopefully have at least one of the others to use to recover.

The reason I say this is because you have to assume that a crash will come again at some time. So make sure you are prepared when that time comes. You may have already thought of this and have decided to make sure your work is in several places for the future, but I am just making sure that you do. Too many times I see people go through this and they may think of things to do to prevent the problem from happening again, but a lot of the time people don't actually do the things they thought, and eventually they lose again.

I was just reasoning with an Idren last Sunday showing him to make sure to back up the music he makes on the computer, onto CDs (several copies is always best), and also onto external harddrives. I also showed him that he should always make sure that the music for his upcoming album is always on at least two harddrives (and on CD). It is good to have all his historical music on more than one hard drive, but if he can't do that, I showed him he should at least make sure his current work is on at least two harddrives.

And always, before you make a big change, make a backup of where you were before the big change, because sometimes circumstances might make a big change irreversible by the undo command, so if you have a file that shows where you were before, you can make it reversible.

And if you want to be even safer, make sure some of the backups are in a different geographical region, in another neighbourhood, city or country.

Ark I
RasTafarI
Haile Selassie I

Messenger: Ras KebreAB Sent: 3/31/2008 6:04:30 PM

lol

Yes Iyah, its true what the i say, its not so pleasing to hear, but yes i,give thanks still, it is indeed important
I know i cant blame anyone but iself, i was a bit neglectful. I kept saying i have to get an external hard drive, but everytime i had money,i just seemed to find a better use for it,you know, programs i needed, mixers,organs,mics and on and on
But the thing that hurt so much was that i was so close to finishing you know. The whole reason why my music had stayed so long on my PC was because all this time, i had been looking for an engineer to mix everything properly. All this time i could have released many songs with ok quality, but wanting everything perfect, i waited all this time, and you know, engineers dont come cheap. And a while ago i had the good fortune to meet and make friends with a man who had that kind of experience and he offered to do everything for free, so i was just in the process of gathering everything and finishing off the last bits so i could hand everything to him, that when the crash happened.

But anyway, the feelings the i mentioned,the emotions and stress and disappointment, its all gone now
The i know very well,idren Ark, JAH works in mysterious ways
HE has given i a fresh start, and i thank HIM for it with all i heart.

I admit for a few days there,i felt like in the sahara,dry,dry,dry

but from some where deep within,water started to bubble forth

now it has become a whole oasis and just like the water coming up from deep deep underground,stored for hundreds of thousand of years Words and Music is right now flowing through i like never before,it almost frightens i.

All Praise unto HIM
JAH RASTAFARI

Messenger: Ark I Sent: 3/31/2008 10:34:48 PM

As the I said, JAH works in mysterious ways.

Maybe the songs you made before was just the training for the water spring that is coming now.

Ark I
RasTafarI
Haile Selassie I

Messenger: Yaa Asantewa Sent: 4/1/2008 3:18:33 PM

"I admit for a few days there,i felt like in the sahara,dry,dry,dry

but from some where deep within,water started to bubble forth"

WORD!

Bless up Ras... give thanks for the wisemind and words of R [eminder].

Messenger: Ras KebreAB Sent: 4/3/2008 7:23:49 PM

Give thanks,Empress, give thanks

One thing i never forget about growing up back home,and i think this is true of all Africa and most "thirld world" countries,is how seriously ini take blessings. Like for example,where i am from,if a person comes begging food at one´s door,it is very rare that that house would refuse him food,even though a poor person at your door is an almost daily thing.And i remember how i and i siblings as children would almost race eachother to be the one to bring the plate of food to him,just to recieve a blessing.And he would take the food and say,bless you in the name of Mariam,or bless you in the name of Selassie, and we would walk away happy to have recieved the blessing

So i hope the i them overs how much i apprecilove to get i idren´s blessings, it is a joy when the Righteous bless you

Holy I Selassie I JAH RASTAFARI

Messenger: Yaa Asantewa Sent: 4/4/2008 10:39:20 AM

Yes King,

It was a definite plate of food to the hungry. Bless thee I in Selassie I name.

Love love.

1 - 1011 - 20

Return to Reasoning List

RastafarI

Haile Selassie I