Use the drop-down boxes above to navigate through the Website  
Return to Reasoning List

Here is a link to this page:
http://www.jah-rastafari.com/forum/message-view.asp?message_group=2688&start_row=1

Haile Selassie Speech on Iran

Time Zone: EST (New York, Toronto)
Messenger: Nick1234 Sent: 3/28/2008 9:48:18 PM

On a visit to China, Iran and Somalia

> "The 2,500th Anniversary Celebrations of the Persian Empire showed relevance and similarities with the Ethiopian recorded history which dates back 3,000 years. The Iranians are well aware of Our history. As is well known in Ethiopia and corroborated by world history, there were times when Ethiopian monarchs had sent emissaries to Persia not only to see the then flourishing Persian civilization, but also to assist in certain undertakings and help in the defense of that country. It is for these historical ties that We feel Our presence in the anniversary celebrations of the Persian Empire was important. The visit also provided Us with an opportunity to renew the centuries-old relations between the two countries and to exchange views with the Shah of Iran on bilateral relations.
> On concluding Our visits to China and Iran, We proceeded to Somalia where We took part in the summit meeting of East and Central African States.

> The countries that attended the meeting are not only immediate neighbors, but also share common geographic features and it is for these reasons that We feel the discussions between the Heads of State and Government representatives in Mogadishu were important and valuable. In the case of Somalia and the Sudan, who have much in common culturally with Ethiopia and share boundaries, We believe that the meeting at the level will further contribute to better understanding and good neighborliness.

> Ethiopia is desirous of maintaining friendly relations with all and wishes to live in peace. This is her known policy which she wishes to abide by.

> We have done all We can to help promote world peace. We will not spare any effort to this end in the future and, God willing, will work for the cause of African Unity and for the liberation of Our brethren still under colonial rule."

His Imperial Majesty Haile Selassie I

Is this speech in the RasTafari Word section? It should be added if it is not

JAH RASTAFARI HAILE I SELASSIE I EMMANUEL I

Return to Reasoning List

RastafarI

Haile Selassie I