Use the drop-down boxes above to navigate through the Website  
Return to Reasoning List

Here is a link to this page:
http://www.jah-rastafari.com/forum/message-view.asp?message_group=2676&start_row=11

THE MOST OUT OF PLACE THING IVE EVER SEEN

1 - 1011 - 15
Time Zone: EST (New York, Toronto)
Messenger: Yaa Asantewa Sent: 3/27/2008 9:35:04 AM

Hey Beloved!

Yeah, to I it's not that big a deal. But I would put a lightening ball up Rita Marley's skirt any day... no apology... said way. That woman is a REAL Delilah... no apology.

I think overall it's really just a nonsense... but the fact is those Ras who attended this function and participated have already bowed, and that is the truth. It is more of an individual thing than any reflection of the Mansions or purpose of the livity.

Sorry to have to go back to this, but it's these 12 Tribes (Rita & co.) folx and the underlying essence of their beLIEfs. I know they are into some masonic style thing where they see the British royal Family as somehow on a par with HIM seat, like another branch or some f***ry. In the UK it is possible to see the Lion of Judah flag alongside the Union Jack. They said His Majesty lived in safe exile here. Reading into it, it was clear that out here His Majesty served his time in the wilderness. Trust. They wanted to crush Majesty while He was here and obviously couldn't, so it is more hotta fire blaze to dance and sing and drum for them. His Majesty and Prince Emmanuel always dealt with them in a fair and business like manner, that is Righteousness... but the Ras in the photo is skinning bare teeth and kissing pure UK a**. That is whack.

Messenger: Ras KebreAB Sent: 3/27/2008 10:27:32 AM

lol

I feel the i sistren

Messenger: Ten Sent: 3/27/2008 4:29:38 PM

Blessed Love
Give thanks brethren on your views on Sizzla. True it was a tactic and he couldn't blaze fire just like that, it'd be like walking into a trap. And as the I them reason, he had to outsmart them and give the most unexpected answer. Anything to the contrary would have an impact on his career as well, people already have enough to say abt Sizzla, why give them more. With regards to Charles, Ark I wrote,
"If Charles actually went to a Nyahbinghi gathering and went on the drums, I wouldn't see that as appropriate, because that seat is not his and he can't bring the heights he would need to bring to do that part."
Aya with all due RAS-pect, a Binghi drum is a Binghi drum whether he played it for entertainment or Binghi, its still an instrument through which I n I chant a spiritual vibe and for I that makes it special. I know its only a physical thing and its the device for chant, but not the chant itself and what matters more is the spiritual element of the chant. But the drum is part of that process and its the medium through which I n I commune, so I think not anyone can just take it up and play; its like when you are a child and your parents teach you there are some things you can play with and some things you can't have your way with because not everything is a toy. I just feel some things should be left well alone, some things are of value to I. If he is learning more of RasTafari in this manner then there is also the side of finding it 'cool' but not really understanding what its about. Its like in the early 90's when middle class white kids thought gangster rap was cool and 'talking Black' was it, but they knew nothing about Black or ghetto cultures. Its was abt consuming difference, the urban other they'd never encounter face-to-face and if they ever did they'd have 911 on speed dial. What will Charles do the next time he encounters a RasTa? I can't say, but what I do know is playing drums doesn't pacify me, I see through you. Perhaps the best attitude is not to give I energy to it, these are small things as the Empress Yaa said.
One Love
RasTafari

Messenger: Ark I Sent: 3/27/2008 10:26:10 PM

If the drum that Charles and Camilla were using was more than just a drum, they would not have been allowed to use it. But since they were allowed to use it seems that the drums didn't have that much significance to the bredren that let them use it. Maybe they have a different set of drums for public performances that are not used in the Nyahbinghi. Or maybe the bredren that let them use it was irresponsible and gave himself more authority then he should have had.

Ark I
RasTafarI
Haile Selassie I

Messenger: Yaa Asantewa Sent: 3/28/2008 1:40:08 PM

Thats right. The question is over the people who were there and took part in it. I'm sure Charles & Camilla knew more about what they were REALLY doing there than those who were there all grinning and drumming... about they're wondering whether Charles & Camilla are gonna give them plane fare home. Sscccheeew. Foolish.

No one has added the 2 + 2 as to why in the last year and odd, the UK Royal family are on some world tour... why now? And has no one noticed how all the official stops they are making involve some bunch of Africans (at home or abroad - Caribbean, Africa... and even Australia) dancing and prancing up themselves for them. They know what they are doing and what is happening, much better than we do. We can only speculate... and with these folx, even the wildest guesses never seem to be outlandish enough. Heheh.

Thats why I clock Rita Marley... WHAT IS THIS WOMAN TRYING TO ENDORSE? On whose authority?

Something strange, I'm tellin y'all.

1 - 1011 - 15

Return to Reasoning List

RastafarI

Haile Selassie I