Use the drop-down boxes above to navigate through the Website  
Return to Reasoning List

Here is a link to this page:
http://www.jah-rastafari.com/forum/message-view.asp?message_group=2675&start_row=1

TRANSCRIPT TO REGGAE IS DEAD

1 - 1011 - 15
Time Zone: EST (New York, Toronto)
Messenger: BLACK STAR Sent: 3/24/2008 6:57:07 PM

Word, Sound & Power
Living Testimony
> "Reggay is Satanisim" -Transcription and translation-

Honourable Priest Christopher Morant:
- "Yes my Lord, the Honourable Priest Christopher Morant after the Order of Melchesidec, you know, the only Priesthood, you know, four wings of Creation, you know."
- Yes my Lord this little interview is about… on the topic of reggae.
- "Reggae? What you say reggae? reggae? reggae! Hotta Fayah! That a the meditation when it comes to reggae, yeah, cos The Man seh reggae is satanism you know. If a one did come to this and him come to put on him turban pon him head the minute him put on him turban him nuh take part in that no more cos him have on Emmanuel Head now and Emmanuel nuh inna that ! seen! Cos member you know there is a Constitution that tell you reggae is like politics, you know, and you nuh take part in politics and these things cos it a divide and rule system of hate, soundclash and all these things, you know. So you couldn’t serve two masters. My word is if a one did a know seh even if them nuh ready fe leggo the reggae world don’t take up the turban cos it cannot mix !"

Honourable Prophet O´Neil
- "Give Thanks for Our Father Melchesidec who set up this Foundation, you know, and open wide the door, you know, and bid all Ethiopian Sons and Daughters welcome, you know, to partake the Salvation Glory, you know, and true it’s Salvation it nuh mix up with the world, you know. So anything out there of the world, like the music world and the reggae world and… you know, the world we nuh mix up with !

Honourable Elder Empress July
- "Jah deal with Nyahbinghi. Nyahbinghi bring the people together more than the reggae. Nyahbinghi carry more power, you know, Nyahbinghi chant spiritual. Nyahbinghi more spiritual, the reggae nuh spiritual but Nyahbinghi spiritual, cos it bring the people more to god than the reggae!"

Honourable Prophet Rohan
- "If all things is fe Christ, and Christ never come with reggae, than The Man say you seet a one way to the Pearly Gate, a nuh two, so that mean seh if Christ nuh come with reggae that mean seh reggae wrong, seet a must Satan music that so Satan couldn’t lead no one to Life still!"

Honourable Prophet (...)
- "Really as a fact reggae is not the way of Life, you know, a really Nyahbinghi a the ‘Way of Life’ Music."

Honourable Priest Wilton
- "Do Give Thanks again for the Life Giver who teach I&I the Truth so I&I coulda know Good and evil, Selassie I JaH Ras Tafari. We know Our Father say, you know, reggae is a music that don’t uplift your spirit still, you know, it is a death music still, you know, a dead philosophy same way, you know, reggae couldn’t lead no one to Right, you know, reggae more bring more crime and violence as we study."

Honourable Priest Jermaine
- "Yeah man, we do Give Thanks, you know, man seh music, you know, is food for the soul, but which music? Man seh you have a Right Music and you have a wrong music, man seh the Nyahbinghi with the Right WordSound back up, man seh a that Him a agitate for, you know, and we done know seh a DrumSound that, you know, Nyahbinghi Order against the walls of Babylon, cutting and clearing, renting and tearing, you know, cos The Man seh the reggae drop too much ! You know, and The Man seh all a the things that promote a sex and oralism, cos if you see most people when them attend these function, a how them dressed half skin pure, half naked, you know, so a what the music a promote, a what them a live, you know, but The Man seh a dulcimena and satback then it break down into this time till it come to reggae and true it watered down now it turn streggay."

Honourable Elder Priest Forrester
- "With the reggae sound it’s distracting to the Nation, it more like it elevate the rest of nation more like the indian and the chinese them will get more joy and more, you know, pleasure out of it and it will bring more wealth fe them also, so I think the brethren should go into themselves and see clearly seh all praises should go to King Emmanuel, Prophet Emmanuel, Priest Emmanuel, Marcus I Selassie I JaH Ras Tafari!"

Honourable Prophet Kevinton
-"Reggae music is a thing whey Ras Tafari find seh the people them woulda love reggae more than Ras Tafari still, you know, The Man seh reggae a just… Satanism still, you know, so we bun out Satanism all the time."

Honourable Elder Empress Phyllis
- "Yes my Lord, well, my word about reggae is that is a death music, reggae is death, Ras Tafari is Life, so you haffe put down the reggae now, cos reggae soon gone down to the lowest part of the earth."

Honourable Priest Methuselah Makonnen
- "Now these music that came upon us is because of slavery, Honourable my Lord and Empress. Our Father is now here to redeem us from colonialism music, from colonialism eating, from colonialism drinking, from colonialism way of wearing clothes, now to a Black Supremacy way of living where we was from Creational birth!
Holy Emmanuel I Selassie I JaH Ras Tafari"

Honourable Priest Daniel
- "Blessed Love my Lord, yes my Lord, on the topic of reggae now, you know, we know seh the word still, you know, whey come still outta the mouth still a the right word still it right always right same way but The Man seh reggae lead you out of yourself still, you know, you see me, we know seh from Creation seh Nyahbinghi a the first music still."

Honourable Elder Priest Headley Samuels
-"My Lord the all of I&I come a school, Jerusalem School Room, and learn the same thing: seh reggae is Satanism, the word of right whey inna it is good but the music itself is a carrying away because it chant death to the righteous!"

Honourable Priest Wesmore Harvey
-"Remember reggae is the music, you know, behind the words, seet, so we find out a one will sing something Right pon the riddim and by the time you a listen again a something wrong, you know, contradicting it can’t it nuh teach no one nothing, you seet, so as Our Father did even teach us, so the Father so the Son, The Man seh reggae is just Satanism, seet, The Man seh a lot of people, rasta people, partake with reggae, them end up dead like the reggae king, seet"

Honourable Priest Allan
-"Blessed Love, well you see, on the topic of reggae now, well you know, seh I&I Father did done tell I&I seh, you know, seh reggae a satanism, you seet, so we know that reggae music is a wrong right whey I&I nuh support, you seet, so The Man seh if you inna reggae is like your hand inna the lion mouth, you haffe take time and take it out. The Man seh reggae is only could ongle provide you with material things, but it couldn’t bring you Life still a six foot six, you know !My Lord."

Honourable Elder Priest Sheppy
-"Yeah bun reggae ! a just Nyahbinghi Order is the Order of the Day still, you know, them wouldn’t want fe hear nutttn bout no reggae again if them knew the power of what Nyahbinghi really carry still, so we declare reggae is just a out a world satanic kind of music, we a call the people to leggo them little reggae vibes and find back them true selves and their own music which is the Nyahbinghi Order Most Natural! Selassie I JaH Ras Tafari."

Honourable Prophet Rohan
-"Man seh, you know, reggae, you know, if them stay with it a death them deh with, you know, so The Man seh they must come a more Life cos Life, you know, a Life create all things, seet, so they must come among Life, you know, leave among the dead and come, you know."

Messenger: Elohimras Sent: 1/11/2012 5:01:01 PM

Greeting in the name of the most high king Immanuel the 7adonie I God jah rastafari
when I. First start looking for the most high I was into reggae I seen it as nice with good words.

As I learned more of rastafari.
I started to learn that that the two are not one.

Haille Selassie I is pure and clean so any thing no matter what it is . It have to be pure and clean the only music that is without filt is nyabinghi.
With the good that come with reggae there is a whole lot of dirty that send the wrong idea about ras

Messenger: Black heart Sent: 1/11/2012 11:20:51 PM

I can't over dis. "Reggea is satanism'' How? Many people around de world get rastafari masage through reggea. Where did we first learn about Marcus Garvey, Emanuel? From reggea. Millions of people around de world are introduced to rasta livity by reggea. So yu now tel I n I dat dis is satanism. It may not be good enough or may hav some bad elements but not to de extent dat you would asociate it with satanism. So does it mean dat reggea artist are satanist? I just can't overtand dis post. Does it mean dat rasta teachings are spread by satanism? If ones n ones hate reggea is fine but to call it satanism is an big insult to all reggea artist. I n I need more clear explanations on dis. Yes I. Rastafari.

Messenger: abashanti Sent: 1/12/2012 7:55:54 AM

Yeahman! I agree, what kinda foolishness de honorable I’s dem a deal wit? It is just music what does the devil have to do with reggae music ? In fact what does the devil have to do wit anyting? He is not a reality he’s just a projection of your mind when you chek it. When man sidown an a bun two collie, it mek yuh feel nice and when two beat a drop it even better. An fair enuff, if de niyahman love beat dem drum den let him beat, but if man and man waan listen two reggae beat let him, don’t be worried it is no problem. And dis is the problem wit ideology, it tun yuh fool. De I dem get rap up inna mind and all kinda idiotic conceptualizations and dem is all philosophy de I’s dem a deal wit. An bcah you is stuck there you don’t grow, your intelligence becomes retarded. And if your intelligence becomes retarded you will chat pure rubbish continually, with out any breaks, and to the extent that you will begin to fool yourselves. It is like hating your enemy naturally de I’s dem will become like den if you stay there too long. It is just the way your psychology works, it is jus like simply arithmetic’s 1 + 1 = 2 or is it 3? Mmmm!

Messenger: Matthew Sent: 1/12/2012 6:55:52 PM

No foolishness in any of InI Mighty Priests words, burn that thinking!!, InI priests, Elders and incients of the bobo shanti order, lead by example, showing ini how to be self sufficient, self reliant, Social communal living with no interference from Babylon thats there truth, its what they live, Heights of liviity order! Its all perspective, ones and ones here on this site live in a babylon system which is filthy, in contrast to the shitstem reggae is clean and righteous WHEN compared to what InI deal with daily in this life. But if ones and ones lived in a Zion in perfect Righteousness and livity then WHEN ones and ones look at reggae it doesnt look so clean anymore!! Seen? Its all perspective depending were you are physically spiritually and mentally ! to I what the elders are teaching is for ones to set there sights higher than reggae heights set them for I Majesty, RasTafarI Heights

Blessed love

Messenger: Elohim ras Sent: 1/13/2012 12:38:08 PM

I have a question. When It come to music like rap that speak of guns and other fealty thing rastafari burn it no matter there works in there community
But when it come to reggae people try to defend it and try to make it pure
Even roots like Bob Marley who sing about his love for women
Most people might see this as miner. But when it come to God you can't mix The two
When it come to music the one I can sing to on a spiritual level is empress menen I when it come to women
Any music that is not for God and God only is not him music
Another thing did our God listen to reggae are nyabinghi
Also there are people who sing reggae who are not rastafari
There are no one who use nyabinghi unless there rastafari
Reggae is a music that any man can play no matter if the message is right are wrong and rastafari won't care
Nyabinghi is spiritual music of life
I don't come to mash down no one but there is only one music that lead you to life still
If ones listen to reggae only they will not overstand
The fullness of rastafari
Im a living witness
Leave The dark and join the light in righteousness of salvation in the name of The black christ king Immanuel the 7adonie God jah rastafari
My lord and empress
Blessing in the name of our devine king of kings lord of lords conquering lion of The tribe of Judah ever honorable emperor haille Selassie I The first Jehovah God jah rastafari

Messenger: Black heart Sent: 1/14/2012 8:26:30 AM

When its ises iwa I n I do binghi chants. No one is disputing dat. When relaxin or just havin fun we can listen to reggea n even other music. So whats wrong with dat? If its wrong does it mean it should b branded satanism? What is satanism? I man think whosoever branded reggea with dat word should widraw his statement, rephrase his or her sentence n apologise since its an insult to de artists. Irie!

Messenger: Elohimras Sent: 1/15/2012 10:08:23 PM

First and foremost
If it's not of God then it's of saten
If it's not pure then it's not of God but saten
I don't burn people because dem like reggae
I don't agree when people try make it one
Reggae and nyabinghi is not the same music
Because reggae is dirty
I would Not know If King Immanuel I didn't teach I this once thee I realize you can't mix spiritual with commercial
So how can any one walk in a clean rastafari livity but yet do business and shake hands with some crazy baldhead
Reggae is Jamaican music Not music of Ethiopia
Reggae is a mixture of Babylon music
A few people added some good words with a few chants to our king and God haille I Selassie I jah rastafari
Give thanks for this Ethiopian African black international Congress true devine church of salvation Holy Immanuel I king Selassie I jah rastafari

Messenger: rasabednego Sent: 1/16/2012 11:01:13 PM

Blessed brenthren it is the powers of the word uttered that change the vibes within its like a sale out y because when u look at people that have fallin to vanity or what they think is a better life they dont icall judgement camp or where them come from selah

Messenger: Nazarite_I Sent: 1/19/2012 9:29:03 PM

In a way, I can sight why the Bobo Elders put fire on reggae. I don't agree with them that it is satanism but they are right that it is a babylon thing in many ways in these times. They are right to point at a higher Livity that gets past reggae. In babylon though, reggae has it's purpose. It brings the people together in a community and through Roots music gives voice to the downpressed. It's true that plenty of people use it for slackness and wickedness, but there are plenty around too that hold themselves to a Righteous standard and play music for the people's upliftment.
These Elders who live up in the hills are past that and much Raspect to them for that, but while I am living in babylon still I'll keep playing conscious music, whether it is Nyahbinghi or reggae or whatever.

Blessed love

1 - 1011 - 15

Return to Reasoning List

RastafarI

Haile Selassie I