Use the drop-down boxes above to navigate through the Website  
Return to Reasoning List

Here is a link to this page:
http://www.jah-rastafari.com/forum/message-view.asp?message_group=2674&start_row=11

Recent picture of HIM as a batawi monk? (Haile Selassie is still alive video)

1 - 1011 - 2021 - 3031 - 39
Time Zone: EST (New York, Toronto)
Messenger: Yaa Asantewa Sent: 3/25/2008 9:17:54 PM

Do you know how many so called Ras think His Majesty has dropped flesh already... but they just don't say it... they say, Selassie I lives in the heart of all flesh and things like that... evading the truth that they just can't seem to get with the knowledge that HIM, in the said flesh, still walks and breathes.

Seriously though, if anyone will bother... hands up? Who knows His Majesty still trodding the same flesh? Say I.

I.

Messenger: Ark I Sent: 3/25/2008 10:24:40 PM

I

Messenger: Ark I Sent: 3/25/2008 10:40:35 PM

Here is another reasoning about the video Behold!

Yaa Asantewa,

I didn't mean to be patronising, although I did know that what I said might be interpreted like that. And I wasn't saying that you or others believe anything that supports what they sight. I don't think you are a person that would believe anything just so. I was just trying to say that I and I must be careful when people come with things like that and search it out.

And in regards to the funeral of that other person's bones, that is even worse. The people that attended had only one reason to believe that those were Selassie I bones, because somebody who doesn't even care about Selassie I told them that. They had no kind of evidence to show them that it was true. And I do believe that the people that attended already believed it was so.

Ark I
RasTafarI
Haile Selassie I

Messenger: Prince Hotep Sent: 3/26/2008 2:45:07 AM

blessed love lawds and empresses

Ark I the I said

"And in regards to the funeral of that other person's bones, that is even worse. The people that attended had only one reason to believe that those were Selassie I bones, because somebody who doesn't even care about Selassie I told them that. They had no kind of evidence to show them that it was true. And I do believe that the people that attended already believed it was so."

That is the point of all this, that is beLIEve, for I (believe) means to bow to someting that one doesn't know and overstand, just because some human told them so. The same is with the funeral, instead of just believing into our Father they believed what other people told them so.

And about the picture
Well it might be HIM it might not be HIM, for I the image in the picture seems similar to HIM, but the whole story of HIM being a monk and that bredrin even knew HIM NEW name, since when did HE took up a NEW name? Emperor Haile Selassie I JAH Ras Tafar I still and for Iva more.

and if someone would say that crazy stoner rastafarians are looking for their Messiah I would say
As Yaa said previously "how many people would start to think it's HIM if they would start showing it on BBC?"
Yesterday InI had a glimpse of CNN and I was shocked "how can people still watch this?" it was like watching a reality TV or Jerry Springer only thing missing is David Hasselhoff or Brooke Shields trying to revive her carrier and it was about those elections too. How people still believe in DEMONcracy, how can they still believe that the elections are done by them?
That's what I would ask them, for I know HIM is divine, but do they know what divine is?

Holy Emmanuel I Selassie I JAH Ras Tafar I

Messenger: Ras KebreAB Sent: 3/26/2008 3:30:34 AM

The Almighty God ini speaking of, right?

Well, you can believe that HIM is trodding somewhere in Ithiopia, as long as you dont forget, you could meet a man on your way to work or school tomorrow, and it might be HIM, you might help a child cross the street and it might be HIM, seen, so know what you do at all times
Other than that, believe what you like, you know say ini have never asked for proof or looked for proof that HIS Majesty Liveth
All i know is if His Majesty wanted the world to know that He is there, then the whole world would know tomorrow. The whole world witnessed HIM Crownation, why, because HE made it to be

RASTAFARI

Messenger: Ras KebreAB Sent: 3/26/2008 3:30:44 AM

I

Messenger: Prince Hotep Sent: 3/26/2008 3:39:59 AM

yes I Ras Kebre
give thanks for the I words, yes HIM can come in many ways.

Messenger: Yaa Asantewa Sent: 3/27/2008 11:29:07 AM

I have an interesting hypothese... and I have found that this formula strangely works infallibly. Let me know though...

I have found that in general, people's attitude towards Haile Selassie I is almost a direct representation of their relationship with "God". I mean, we know He is HIM, the Almighty I... but even for those who refuse it, if a one asks a person about what they perceive of the Emperor of Ethiopia, oftentimes it is almost in direct correlation to what they think of God... as if their own subconscious betrays them.

For example, I have a Sistrin who would say that she is not RasTa. She understands Haile Selassie I as a great ruler, a great "symbol" of sovereign Africa Ethiopia, an aspirational figure, yet removed, not omnipresent and "just a man" (whatever that means, as if a walking / talking / muscle enclosed skeleton is "just" a simple feat of nature - but anyway).

Then if you get this same sistrin on another day talking about the God she understands, there are strange parallels. She is one of those non-religious types who embrace spirituality (or so they think) however this spiritual God is symbolic, aspirational and removed. It is always funny that the reasons people give for the impossibility of His Majesty's divinity turn out to be irrelevant to even their own personal understanding of Godliness.

Another sistrin just loves His Majesty atmosphere, she sees comfort in the Black Emperor but is afraid to look too close. Her attitude to God is of a fearful and thunderable, judgement God, but one who keeps those who are good, safe.

It goes are far as people who see Selassie I as impotent, unimportant and even wicked. Asked about God, the same kind of people are completely cynical about the role of god, they start asking about famine and warfare, like that has something to do with God.

Know what I mean?

Messenger: Ras KebreAB Sent: 3/27/2008 1:00:22 PM

Ises I

Yes I,Royal daughter, i think know what you mean, and i think i would also agree with your hypotheses, that is if i am correct on your meaning here. It usually works that way.
The way i sight it is ,i will try to form an example
say you bring an animal before a person and you tell them, this is a,lets say, a cat.
Assuming that that person has never seen a cat but only heard about cats, the first thing his/her mind will do is check for all the things he/she has heard or believes to be true about cats. so, they will start going down the list,...like
does it have paws....check
whiskers......check
does it meaow....check
and so on, then they would say, yes thats a cat

But now coming to the reality of the Almighty, it is a big problem, for mankind rarely sees the Almighty as the Almighty is, instead all their expectations,their beliefs etc will come into the equation
So,when you tell them, King Selassie is the Almighty, instead of sighting HIM with a clear mind and eyes, they start going through everything that they have heard of the Almighty, what they have been told, what they believe to be true of the Almighty.
So,when ini say HIM is the Almighty
if they believe God to be a judgemental and jealous God,they look at Selassie I and ask, is He judgemental and jealous, etc
and if what they see of King Selassie doesnt meet the criteria of what they believe the Almighty to be, then thats it, they will never accept HIM.
A real backward way of thinking,as i sight it. Why?
instead of projecting their beliefs unto Selassie I, if they would just humble and see King Selassie I, they would know the Almighty

Blessed be
Rastafari

did i say how glad i am to have the i back, Empress?

Messenger: Prince Hotep Sent: 3/27/2008 4:14:49 PM

Yes Ises
empress, glad to hear the I wise words again.
Yes it might seem that it is that, but I can't prove it whit I own Isperiance, because rarely any one knows who is Selassie I yet alone what is Ras Tafar I is. I guess it has something to do wit Ganjah=RasTa thing and Bob Marley stickers and even more herb, though herb is good.

Of course I could start telling them about HIM as long as I don't mention the word Almighty or GOD or JAH it's ok, and they don't get vexed, though if I would tell some things about HIM, they wouldn't acknowledge HIM as something BIG, because I can see how insignificant Africa is to people around I, almost(97%) all people are racist ,in all kind of forms.

Though I and I bredren will try to spread some culture in I yard on Mama Africa, maybe even Ras Tafar I also during some other event, if all is well InI maybe will be able to educate at least one person and still InI would be happy and rejoiced because light just spreads more and more.

back to the topic

yes I, a lot of people have their own perception of what GOD is, their own image of GOD, how HIM should be, they are trying to make GOD someone who would be the reflection of their own morality and their own norm of how things should be as if man created GOD not vise versa, well maybe in their case they created GOD, paper GOD.

yes I Ras Kebre
man learns about all things with touching, smelling, tasting ect. Meaning that man is seeing something or hearing or tasting something similar in reality nothing is the same identically, meaning that man only assumes that something he is in contact with is that thing that some one in some point(childhood) told them so i.e. a tree, an apple. Because the image of i.e. cat or dog is similar to the image formed in their mind from what the mind had already seen before. so if they don't know how to look into themselfs if they have eyes but can't see and have ears but can't hear how can they know GOD? And if they don't know Almighty I, how can they know the ways of the Almighty, only when I knows I, I can say something about the I. What can one say about some one whom one doesn't know? Only what one assumes one to be from their encounters or what some other people told them... And that's how it is with HIM.

Praise
Holy Emmanuel I Selassie I
Jahovia GOD
JAH Ras Tafar I

1 - 1011 - 2021 - 3031 - 39

Return to Reasoning List

RastafarI

Haile Selassie I