Use the drop-down boxes above to navigate through the Website  
Return to Reasoning List

Here is a link to this page:
http://www.jah-rastafari.com/forum/message-view.asp?message_group=2674&start_row=1

Recent picture of HIM as a batawi monk? (Haile Selassie is still alive video)

1 - 1011 - 2021 - 3031 - 39
Time Zone: EST (New York, Toronto)
Messenger: ellease1 Sent: 3/24/2008 5:58:26 PM

Here is another reasoning about the video Haile Selassie is still alive video - deception

Greetings in the name of HIM Selassie I

I've recently come across a picture of what one bredrin claims to be a recent citing of HIM Emporer Haile Selassie I trodding the hills of Ethiopia as a Batawi monk.

He also claims to have meet HIM at an All African Congress of Churches in Ethiopia Addis Abba back in 1997

It is said; and so, as an Ethiopian tradition, that once an Emporer as served his time as King he then retreats into the monesterial world. Ethiopian tradition also has it, that once you cross that threshold you are no more of what you was.

In this picture HIM appears to be wearing a rope an sporting shoulder lenght locks. The picture looks very much like HIM.

HIM is now known as Aba Kudus Imanuel Takolamlak, dont quote me on the spelling, as this is only my phonetic interpretation of it. He also claims that His Majesty move with 2 other monks which are older.

has anybody else heard anything or seen this picture?

One luv.

Messenger: BLACK STAR Sent: 3/24/2008 6:30:30 PM

Scroll DOWN TO Behold! on this same forum

Behold!
[[[He also claims to have meet HIM at an All African Congress of Churches in Ethiopia Addis Abba back in 1997]]]

and what did his majesty say to him?
I KNOW THERES A MILLION OF U WHO LOVE ME BUT DONT TELL THEM U SEEN ME?
[[[HIM is now known as Aba Kudus Imanuel Takolamlak]]]]
DID HE ONLY TELL THE BREDREN HE WAS H I M ?
OR DID THE BREDREN JUST SAY TO HIMSELF, THAT IS HIS MAJESTY AND NEVER ASKED THE MONK?
I KNOW HIS MAJESTY REIGN IN THE HEARTS OF ALL FLESH THE SAME PLACE HE WROTE HIS LAW!

Messenger: Nick1234 Sent: 3/24/2008 9:25:01 PM

JAH LIVE

Messenger: Ark I Sent: 3/25/2008 9:20:21 AM

This was reasoned about in another topic. I increased the size of the picture and showed it beside pictures of Selassie I. The comparison shows that the monk is not Selassie I. It is strange that the person couldn't get a more clear picture because he makes it sound like he met the monk, but even though the picture is very unclear, it is still obvious by looking at the nose that it is not Selassie I.

Here is the link

Behold!

Ark I
RasTafarI
Haile Selassie I

Messenger: Yaa Asantewa Sent: 3/25/2008 2:07:33 PM

I don't agree that the comparison is conclusive. The nose is actually very similar, particularly once you consider the difference in the angles of the two pictures. And what about the jaw setting? Very similar. I actually sight that the similarity is uncanny. It actually made me nervous to see the image of the Batawi Monk when I did first see it.

Someone said, it can't be His Majesty, cos by now His Majesty would be such and such age... 100 and odd years old, so due to the picture of the Monk not being of a bent over old man it couldn't be HIM.

We'll see. Who knows... but I sight it could well be HIM. I'm just waiting for some bulletin to appear on mainstream tv announcing the counterfeit burial of the Emperor with suspicion of his still being alive. If the BBC said it, how many more would believe?

Messenger: ellease1 Sent: 3/25/2008 3:46:56 PM

Yeahman dats a good observation, and if you check it the two opposing pictures have bin taken as if HIM is on a higher level, or platform if you like.
And the picture of the monk seems to appear as if the photographer was on a higher level.
Not only that, HIM in the two opposing pictures has an upright posture, and the head of the monk seems to be slightly lent forward.

one luv

Messenger: Ark I Sent: 3/25/2008 4:09:22 PM

I know that the angle is different. I looked around a lot and those two pictures were the closest I could find to the right angle.

The second picture of Selassie I was taken with the camera man at a lower angle, but the first picture was taken with the camera pretty much straight on. And while the picture of the monk was taken with the camera man at a higher angle, the angle is only slightly higher than the first picture of Selassie I, even when you consider the bowing of the monk's head. And if you consider how high the curve on Selassie I nostril goes, it would take a much, much higher angle than that to not see the curve.

I don't know how the I can sight the similarity as uncanny. The picture is so unclear that even if the bottom of the nostril had a curve like Selassie I nose, there is not even close to enough detail in the picture for I to think that it is Selassie I. I would have to see a much clearer picture for I to even consider it, and again it comes to the question, why didn't the man get a picture that is more clear so that people could look for similarities.

Ark I
RasTafarI
Haile Selassie I

Messenger: Ark I Sent: 3/25/2008 4:34:54 PM

Here is a reasoning I made before that shows how somebody presented an image that was false, but caused many people to believe it is true. I myself believed it and spread the lie until I found out that it wasn't true. Just because somebody presents something that agrees with something I and I sight, I and I shouldn't be too quick to accept it as true. Because when it is found to be false, then it will make the truth I and I sight appear to be untrue, because we used an untrue example to support it.

-------------------------
I don't like to just jump and accept something as true, just because it supports something that I sight. I will give an example where the subject is different, but it will illustrate a similar thing. I saw a video one time about Bob Marley, and it showed him on stage and Bob started to get into a vibe and he jumped and chanted and lightning came down. That was a nice thing to see, but at a later date, I saw the same concert on another video and there was no lightning. The first video I watched was recorded from the television, so I searched for it and played it again. When I got to the part where the lightning struck, I played the video frame by frame and I saw that they replaced one single frame with a camera shot of a night sky with a lightning strike coming down, and then the next frame returned to the actual shot from the concert. So because the lightning shot was only in one frame, the night sky wasn't noticed.

I know that RasTafarI people can chant and bring lightning, thunder, earthquake, whirlwind and many other things, because I have chanted with storms that brought these things. But when people make up these kind of things and manipulate a video to make it appear so, it just makes the truth of what RasTafarI people can do appear like foolishness and imagination when people uncover the deception of the video.
-------------------------

Ark I
RasTafarI
Haile Selassie I

Messenger: Yaa Asantewa Sent: 3/25/2008 8:31:57 PM

The picture is not unclear, it is shadowed.

Plus, I don't believe anything. I know His Majesty is alive... that's why I wouldn't be surprised if someone got a sneaky picture. Asking why the photographer didn't get a better photo is a bit cynical, don't you think? What do you think, he should ask Majesty to say 'cheese'? It's love Ark I, don't be offended... it's my sarky sense of humour. But, I think by the hint at pixelation of the image, the photographer is at a good distance, at a 45 degree height from the Monk and the photo is obviously taken in secret. The length of the Monk's nostrils can't be seen from here. But the general shape of the nose is actually the same. As is the chin. The monk also has a similar amount of bone structure... as in cheekbones.

I think the reasoning on people believing anything that supports what they already believe is patronising. We crazy mislead "rastafarians" waiting for our saviour... we'll believe anything. I didn't see anyone jumping up accusing the so-called Rases who attended the funeral the other day of looking for what they already believed!

Actually, when I was in JA, I had a vision that Majesty was going to start making HIMself seen again, and about 3 days later I went to an internet cafe to check up on the internet... and saw that on this site. So... if this Monk is not HIM, I shall stick out my neck happily to assert that this is the beginning of sightings and possibilities, bringing the idea forward into the conscious considerations of InI. Stay dilligent.

Selassie I lives.

Emmanuel I... Selassie I... Ras Tafari.

Actually

Messenger: SunofMan Sent: 3/25/2008 8:45:14 PM

Greetings...

Ellease1, please elaborate on the information the I provided:

"It is said; and so, as an Ethiopian tradition, that once an Emporer as served his time as King he then retreats into the monesterial world. Ethiopian tradition also has it, that once you cross that threshold you are no more of what you was."

Where did the I read or hear that? and at what point is it determined that an Emperor has served their time?

About the picture, as the Ras said, and as many who have been to Ethiopia might already know, that picture has been used as a poster to promote tourism in Ethiopia, by the Ethiopian Tourism Comission! The picture is no secret, as the Ras alleges, it can be found easily in Ethiopia. And if the Ras really met the Ba'atawi, and really believed it was His Majesty, then why on Earth has the Ras waited until now to reveal this thing, on youtube of all places, if the meeting happened in 1997. A close resemblance or not, a walk through the streets of Addis, any day, will reveal more than One I who resembles His Majesty physically.

My own opinion: Ones who strive towards righteousness and manifests it within themselves to the fullness of their own potential are becoming exactly what His Majesty is (the pinnacle of righteousness and enlightened being), so in Ba'atawi livity the subsequent product would be Godliness, and in that they are the same. What bothered I about the video is that it takes away from the Individuality of the Ba'atawi, who has his own individual experiences that make up who he is, and by simply labeling the Ba'atawi as His Majesty we would then forget the respect that a particular Ba'atawi's trod deserves.
We may begin to find inspiration outside of ourselves, but until we start looking internally to produce all that we wish to be I don't see how we will reside as His Majesty truly does.

SELAM

1 - 1011 - 2021 - 3031 - 39

Return to Reasoning List

RastafarI

Haile Selassie I