Use the drop-down boxes above to navigate through the Website  
Return to Reasoning List

Here is a link to this page:
http://www.jah-rastafari.com/forum/message-view.asp?message_group=2646&start_row=1

What is the best way 2 make i man a challise

1 - 5
Time Zone: EST (New York, Toronto)
Messenger: bigginer Sent: 3/6/2008 11:56:19 AM

ini had 4/5 attempts and don't seem 2 be able 2 make a proper one can someone help i

BLESS GIVE THANX AND PRAISE

JAH KURIOUS

Messenger: dirtyd Sent: 3/26/2008 4:18:27 PM

I would say first of all with love.I guesse traditionally,they were made out of bamboo or coconuts hollowed out and a carved wooden bowl made out of dense wood is held in place and a rubber tube for drawing was also inserted in it.I've seen many pictures and vidios and seen them in person if your talking about a certain style.But to me a chalice is a personell thing to ones owner and is shared between people.kinda like a peace pipe.to me ,''at least'',a chalice holds enough ganja for several people and is meant to be proud of and passed to the right or left,i never really cared which way myself.I'm a glass artist so thats probly why i got exited about chatting on chalices.I would hope that alot of people would agree that its not a ceartain shape or made out of the exact same thing.some are wood,some are metal,ceramic,coconut,or my personel fave,glass.if your interested in looking at some of my personel collection or want to get one from me,send your e-mail address so i can send you pics to-dirty74@bellsouth.net''I make very nice chalices.$50-$500

Messenger: rashad Sent: 3/27/2008 9:37:14 PM

post the pictures on this site right here.

Messenger: bigginer Sent: 3/31/2008 9:20:18 AM

bless give thanks 2 jah rastafari

thank u and i am interested in one but i confused because i always been told ini can only have natural thing and metal is not natural and i aint sure about glass dno if it claased as natural but ini addy is young-bungle@hotmail.co.uk

Messenger: dirtyd Sent: 3/31/2008 6:17:21 PM

glass is made from sand,melted sand.5000 years ago the egyptians would draw lightning to beaches.when the lightning struck the sand it created a ''blob'' of raw glass.the raw glass would be put in an oven that reached about 1300 degrees.glass turns into a liquid at that temperature and can be molded and shaped into anything imaginable.there is really no manmade materials in it.Its just a combination of natural materials put together by man.I know that when I found out all this and started making glass art myself I felt blessed to be working with such an Irie talent,also blessed to be working for myself and not all caught up in the mental slavery shit that so-many other people get caught up in.anyways,I hope you enjoy the pictures of my art and I hope what i've told you has been informative,peace,Denis

1 - 5

Return to Reasoning List

RastafarI

Haile Selassie I