Use the drop-down boxes above to navigate through the Website  
Return to Reasoning List

Here is a link to this page:
http://www.jah-rastafari.com/forum/message-view.asp?message_group=2630&start_row=1

Presbyterian ?

1 - 6
Time Zone: EST (New York, Toronto)
Messenger: Ras KebreAB Sent: 2/24/2008 6:12:46 PM

"Bobo dread is the presbyterian"

Today i was just listening to an old tape of the Don Gorgon,Ninja Man, and in the song, "Bible fulfilling", he has this quote in one of his verses.
I just wondered what he was trying to say
i cant decide if it was supposed to be some sort of dis,
or if he was trying to say like, if one could equate Rastafari to christianity, then Bobo would be the presbyterian.

I dont know, perhaps, if ones have a better overing than i, of what the Presbyterians are about, someone can help i overstand his meaning,

nothing important still, but just curious

Messenger: Ten Sent: 2/25/2008 1:37:32 PM

Greetings
I feeling was that it was saying there are denominations in Christianity like Anglican, Catholic etc so he was likening Bobo House to Presbytarian Protestants in the Christian order, not really any special connection between them and the Bobo mansion.
Bless

Messenger: Ark I Sent: 2/25/2008 9:08:53 PM

I have never heard this and I don't know why he would say it.

Ark I
RasTafarI
Haile Selassie I

Messenger: Gizzmo Sent: 4/1/2008 4:22:34 PM

the presbyterians believe in predestination,meaning at the time of your birth,JAH already decided whether you are going to heaven or hell and nothing you do can change that.

Messenger: Gizzmo Sent: 4/1/2008 4:48:24 PM

maybe he was saying Bobo is the Elder or Bishop.

The word presbyterian comes fro the Greek word Presbuteros which means Elder.In the early christain church an Elder and a Bishop were one and the same.

Messenger: Ras Sistren Khamyl Sent: 4/2/2008 1:20:37 PM

I was raised in the Presbyterian church and studied general theology during my years as a student in a Lutheran High School.

The Presbyterian Church is a result of the work of John Calvin, a protestant who determined that faith, not works, determined destiny (not predestination). Most of the protestants, including Martin Luther (hence the Lutheran church) felt the Catholic church placed too much emphasis on confessions and other rituals to work one's way into heaven. The joke in the Presbyterian Church is that Presbyterians refer to their service desciptions as "Catholic without the guilt" due to the structured rituals and systematic governance.

The structure of the Presbyterian Church is similar to that of the United Snakes Government.

Danforth, Ronald Regan, Thomas Eagleton, and several other politricksters are presbyterians.

As for me and mine, LOVE IS MY RELIGION! I have grown to overstand that I don't need a set of rituals to replace what Jah has ordained my to do through my SPIRITUAL self.

1 - 6

Return to Reasoning List

RastafarI

Haile Selassie I