Use the drop-down boxes above to navigate through the Website  
Return to Reasoning List

Here is a link to this page:
http://www.jah-rastafari.com/forum/message-view.asp?message_group=2628&start_row=11

HIM's amharic Version

1 - 1011 - 12
Time Zone: EST (New York, Toronto)
Messenger: Ten Sent: 3/18/2008 8:54:09 PM

Greetings
Firstly give thanks for the link Diego B, most Ily bless. And secondly, I don't know if I'm getting the vibes right here, correct I if wrong, but I've had a read through JM Harden's argument and firstly you have to remember this is a white man writing at a time when its in the interests of white Babylon to deny Black people their history and heritage. You have to question for whom is he writing and what is the purpose? And ones must remember with translations its not literal translation, languages differ and expressions differ so its abt finding the closest possible meaning to description so the example given by Diego B is not sign of a mistake as Brixer claims. Even JM Harden recognises that the Abyssinian Jews and the Falashas were the intended readers of this version, so if in their culture and manner of doing things, this is how they interpreted the Bible, what the fuss? Just because some Babylon historian writing in 1926 (!!!) said so? Ark I is right when he says it makes more sense in the Amharic version, the pieces Ark I cited def make more sense to I. And another thing KJV - lol! Again these people had their own agendas when they sifted out parts of the Bible so can we really take that word as bond? I just remembered another thing abt JM Harden, he disregards the version of the Testament claiming the way in which Christ's rising in Galilee is "without any apparent logical order". I don't get this, but I will look at the text and give I views and he is very critical of the Book of Enoch questioning its authenticity. Those questions have been raised before concerning other versions of this Book, but I am inclined to believe there is some authenticity in that Book. And then he talks about the Kebra Nagast, interesting how he plays between the words romance and history but never giving the Kebra its full historical importance. Its central to the lineage of Ethiopic Kings, but continually the Babylon skirt around the issue to avoid admitting that HIS Majesty is of royal holy lineage, and the ultimate truth is He is The Almighty.
Blessed Love

Messenger: Gizzmo Sent: 3/26/2008 4:53:19 PM

I have been looking for HIM Bilble for a long time,is there any way to obtain the whole Bible in English?

1 - 1011 - 12

Return to Reasoning List

RastafarI

Haile Selassie I