Use the drop-down boxes above to navigate through the Website  
Return to Reasoning List

Here is a link to this page:
http://www.jah-rastafari.com/forum/message-view.asp?message_group=2585&start_row=1

Translation-Ras KebreAB

1 - 3
Time Zone: EST (New York, Toronto)
Messenger: Diego B. Sent: 1/21/2008 2:58:58 PM

Greetings Brethren,

I need your help. http://video.google.it/videoplay?docid=-7202712930916624301&q=Abuna&total=66&start=0&num=10&so=0&type=search&plindex=1

This is a video in amharic, and only if you have time enough, I ask you an english translation.

If you don't have time enough, but you could give some pieces step by step, it would be good still.

If you can't do it, then don't bother.

Thank you

Messenger: Ras KebreAB Sent: 1/21/2008 4:44:22 PM

Blessed Ises,

I, idren, first i have to say, i know the i always say that english is not thy first language, so i wont put too much on it, but i dont like when someone says things like "dont bother" to i, i dont know what it is, but it kinda rubs i the wrong way. still, no harm done brethren

i have to say the video is kinda hard to hear, but i think i got most of what the Abuna is saying

Well, i am not sure what you wished to gain from this video,
Here, the Abuna is only talking about his personal trod and education.
He talks of his mother and father
He mentions that his mother wouldnt let him enter a secular school because people at that time were saying that those who were going into secular schools and later on, education abroad, were losing their Ithiopian faith, in the Abuna´s words, the catholic "menfes", spirit, was entering the youths, so his mother insisted that he be educated in the orthodox faith
He mentions that he entered and began his education in a monastery at age seven.
Then he mentions the different stages he went through, how he was promoted, and then how he left the monastery to go out and teach of the faith,visiting other monasteries
Finally he talks about how, later, he went back to a secular school, Kiddus Selassie college in Addis Ababa, and was able to continue what his mother wouldnt allow him all those years ago.
He says that he did this for two reasons, one to fullfill his own desire for education, and second because JAHNHOI, Emperor Selassie I had said that youing monks and priests should come enroll in said college.
On finishing his studies there, he was elected as a Teacher and says he first traveled to the Gofa region.............and the video cuts off around there.

If you are looking for more details, such as the names of all the people mentioned or things like that let i know, then i would have to write the whole thing down and translate it for the i.
hope this was helpful for the I

Blessed Love
Rastafari Is

Messenger: Diego B. Sent: 1/21/2008 6:00:39 PM

Oh many thanks Brethren, thanks. No that's enough. I was interested in things about Haile Selassie, and i didn't know if he mentioned it or not.

Thank you very much

1 - 3

Return to Reasoning List

RastafarI

Haile Selassie I