Use the drop-down boxes above to navigate through the Website  
Return to Reasoning List

Here is a link to this page:
http://www.jah-rastafari.com/forum/message-view.asp?message_group=2571&start_row=1

Reasoning with Empress Menen

1 - 8
Time Zone: EST (New York, Toronto)
Messenger: Yaa Asantewa Sent: 1/11/2008 12:59:04 PM

Blessed love Royal Family,

I saw a couple of comments relating to exposure of the Empress itribution to the body of InI story in the past century. It is difficult for I to find the line in the popular reasonings I hear from many empresses between seeing to an upliftment of the significance of the Womban in this trod... and modern-esque competitive rhetoric which is only making direct comparisons. I'm sure even the empresses themselves find difficulty in really pinpointing their own questions on the matter.

There are no doubts about Alpha AND Omega, double coronation, One throne. Selassie I first.

My feelings on the matter is that perhaps some of InI are not relating to the mindset of an Original African womban, such as Woizero Menen. Therefore looking for "equal" amounts of information, speeches, etc is a fruitless cause. I think it somewhat irrelevant. That is based on a mentality that qualifies a womban's worth based on her career accreditations, and how many notches on her belt she achieved in competition with male peers. In short, she is not Hilary Clinton. Thank goodness!

Through the picture of balance given to us at the Coronation, we are encouraged to see balance in nature... allegorising our masculine-feminine relationship with that of the sun and earth. The King being the Sun, the Queen being the Earth. The Sun is mightier and more terrible, but where is his value without the Earth? Equally, where is the Earth's worth and content without the Sun? If they were both functionnning as the sun does, it would simply be a battle. This is interesting based on the characteristic of male-female relations in this iwah. They do NOT have the same functions. Thank goodness!

The Kings are the elements, made to amaze the Earth. How lovely to be the constant thing around which, and for whom, our men may create their amazements. We are the Earth, for who the Sun celebrates. Nuh true?

That is not to say we sit in the house waiting for orders from some bwoy. No. Oftentimes, empresses are awaiting the rays of a sunball King in order that she may blossom and bloom... like the Earth in due season. Stories in KMT show us that the Queen wears the throne upon her head, the King must come through her to take the seat. She feeds him the fruits that bring forth his Kingly character.

Returning the idea of the original African womban, I find this eternal truth manifest, even to this day, in the core cultures. It is also quite obvious to see where this has been warped by the mysogynistic western world. But anyway, InI hold the gates, create the environment and whatever we do is to the upliftment of our King. Cos without him, our state remains vulnerable. That is just the facts of the matter. I feel sorry for women who try this ideal with some manchild, then get fed up and tell themselves the ideal is a nonsense. Equally some Kings are looking to Delilah to crown him... without seeing that she has no throne upon her head. So... we come right forward to the delicate balance of life...

As RasTa womben, Empress Menen is a perfect example in every way. There is no lack of information. She makes her point with the look in her eye. Natural beauty, strength from within, it is clear that her Man knows he is nowhere without her, she nowhere without him. Empress involved herself with creating the environment of her home, Ithiopia... education, childrens welfare, raising their generations... oh, what a virtue. Who needs nuff speeches. I can't bother with that. And the Loveliest Lady, Mother Earth spent a lot of time pregnant and with young children. What a virtue, to raise the children of Emperor Haile I Selassie I, what about to raise the CHILDREN of ETHIOPIA.

I sight that the Empress was not telling InI to jump up and govern... what then will our men do? Through her life, she was DEMONSTRATING the KEY ELEMENT that is missing from InI African family balance. That is the relationship InI are to have with Empress Menen, to follow her example.

When will we learn that our African men are what we nurture them to be? I'm really serious about it! It's like being the head of the control centre and then getting vex that you don't get enough up front time. Vanity that! And anyway, we get it all. We are the beauty and the glory same way, every King loves to show off his Queen (if she's worth showing off... another simple fact).

Before arriving to speak at the Geneva Convention, do thee I imagine that he was not in lengthy private talks with Empress Menen in the comfort and privacy of their bedroom. Who do we think used to get the blow by blow emotional accounts of situations? Do we think that the Empress never said... "Beloved, perhaps thee I could phrase this in this way instead?" The eternal husband and wife.

I think seeking more than we can find on Empress Menen is kinda more about seperating the two. Each of his achivements, were hers. Each of hers, his. They worked together in harmony and balance. Her to her role, HIM to his. One result.

In any of the situations, our Kings have an obligation to aspire to the example of His Majesty. Our Queens have an obligations to aspire to the example of Her Majesty... particularly in her real contribution to the success of her King, hence her family, her dynasty and her country.

Sorry for going on... I was thinking and typing.

Ever loving the eternal beauty of Mother Earth, Empress Menen I Selassie I.

Holy Emmanuel I Selassie I. JAH. RasTafari

Messenger: ROOK FARI SELAH Sent: 1/11/2008 1:07:37 PM

100% TRUTH THANK U SO MUCH
I WAS TRYING TO FIND WORDS TO SAY THAT VERY THING
BLESSED LOVE YAA U
CAN LNK I ON THE
YAHOO MESSANGER I ALREADY ADDED U I THINK
I JUST NOTICED I SAY TO MUCH ON AN OPEN FORUM WHEMN I REALL Y WAS JUST TRING TO ANSWER YOUR QUESTION ON THE OTHE POST
BLESSED

Messenger: Ras KebreAB Sent: 1/11/2008 7:51:49 PM

Much thanks Empress, this post has made my day, lol, no it has made i weekend.
Blessed Love, more blessing Empress Omega

And a blessed Sabbath to one and all
Holy I Selassie I JAH RASTAFARi King Alpha Queen Omega

Messenger: Ten Sent: 1/14/2008 11:12:14 AM

Greetings in the Name of His Imperial Majesty and Her Royal Highness, the Lioness of Zion,
Give thanks for your thoughts Empress Yaa, I enjoyed reading the I's perspective. Its true an Empress has a different function to perform and as empowered by the Spirit, we must follow the example of Mama Omega.
These words are fire for I, "empresses are awaiting the rays of a sunball King in order that she may blossom and bloom... like the Earth in due season" Praises Sister Yaa!

I pray that JAH Spirit has been watching over the I them and all are in good health as well as all the I them family.
(I shall return soon to the forum.)
Blessed Love JAH People

Messenger: Ras KebreAB Sent: 1/15/2008 3:29:08 AM

Good to hear from the i sis Ten
Forward soon

Rastafari Bless

Messenger: Ark I Sent: 1/17/2008 12:31:33 AM

Blessed Love Empress Ten.

Ark I
RasTafarI
Haile Selassie I

Messenger: IPOWAHS2 Sent: 1/22/2008 5:46:26 PM

EMPRESS YAA
GIVE THANKS FOR THE REASONING!!!!! RASTAFARI LOVE FOR THE KNOWLEDGE! WHERE I LIVE THERE ARE VERY FEW RASTA PEOPLE.AN THE ONES HERE SEEM TO BE JUST RASTA LOOKING FOR THEY HAVE KNOW KNOWLEDGE OF THE KING.AS A SINGLE EMPRESS IT IS HARD TO MAKE A CONNECTION,WITH A POSITIVE BROTHER WHO UNDERSTANDS MY STRUGGLE,FAITH,AND MOST IMPORTANT MY LOVE FOR RASTAFARI! WHICH LED ME TO BELIEVE MAYBE I'M TOO MILITANT OR REAL FOR THOSE WHO ARE SCARED OF THE TRUTH! AND YOUR WORDS COMFORTED ME IN KNOWING THAT MY SEARCH IS NOT IN VAIN.ALSO CONFIRMS THAT IF THAT MAN DOESN'T CONSIDER HIMSELF A KING HE WILL NEVER SEE ME AS A QUEEN, WHICH WILL ALWAYS LEAD TO CONFLICT.THOUGH A MAN WHO FOLLOWS THE LAWS OF THE KING AND I THE WAYS AND LAWS OF THE QUEEN UNITY COULD BE EVERLASTING!!!!!!! GIVE THANKS FOR THIS FORUM WITHOUT IT I WOULD BE WITHOUT ACCESS TO ALOT OF INFORMATION THAT MAKES ME FIRMER IN MY KNOWLEDGE OF ALL ASPECTS OF RASTAFARI! WHERE I AM THE TRUTH IS HIDDEN! BOOKSTORES HERE ARE A WASTE OF TIME.SO I HAVE TO TRAVELL FAR FOR INFO THAT I DESIRE TO HAVE! GIVE THANKS TO ALL WHO SHARE INFO AND TAKE TIME TO RESEARCH THE TRUTH!!!!!!!!

JAH LIVE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
I POWAHS

Messenger: Prince Hotep Sent: 1/23/2008 2:30:18 AM

IPOWAHS2
Yes I
I see what the I mean. No, the I can't be too militant, perhaps showing more love is good, but don't think that speaking the truth is militant, when the I spread the truth, the I spread knowledge. Yes I guess it is very hard for the I them to find the second half of the ONE and only man that can help is HIM only HIM can make an unbreakable bond between a man and a woman. It is hard for InI too, I don't even expect to find an RasTa Empress because there are none where I live, but to find a clean hearted queen would be good. But InI humble I self and I know when the time comes JAH will send a queen I way, I just got to pray.
Emmanuel I Selasssie I JAH Ras Tafar I

1 - 8

Return to Reasoning List

RastafarI

Haile Selassie I