Use the drop-down boxes above to navigate through the Website  
Return to Reasoning List

Here is a link to this page:
http://www.jah-rastafari.com/forum/message-view.asp?message_group=2565&start_row=21

The Tree of Wisdom

1 - 1011 - 2021 - 22
Time Zone: EST (New York, Toronto)
Messenger: Ark I Sent: 1/16/2008 11:37:33 PM

Ras KebreAB,

When I said, "Jah didn't just cast them out but also punished them for their wickedness.". I was talking about this punishment.

---------------------
[14] And the LORD God said unto the serpent, Because thou hast done this, thou art cursed above all cattle, and above every beast of the field; upon thy belly shalt thou go, and dust shalt thou eat all the days of thy life:
[15] And I will put enmity between thee and the woman, and between thy seed and her seed; it shall bruise thy head, and thou shalt bruise his heel.
[16] Unto the woman he said, I will greatly multiply thy sorrow and thy conception; in sorrow thou shalt bring forth children; and thy desire shall be to thy husband, and he shall rule over thee.
[17] And unto Adam he said, Because thou hast hearkened unto the voice of thy wife, and hast eaten of the tree, of which I commanded thee, saying, Thou shalt not eat of it: cursed is the ground for thy sake; in sorrow shalt thou eat of it all the days of thy life;
[18] Thorns also and thistles shall it bring forth to thee; and thou shalt eat the herb of the field;
[19] In the sweat of thy face shalt thou eat bread, till thou return unto the ground; for out of it wast thou taken: for dust thou art, and unto dust shalt thou return.
---------------------

So I was saying that those were the punishments, but that death wasn't really a punishment for knowing good and evil, it was a result of knowing good and evil and dealing with evil.

The I said,
--------------------
The question in i mind is.......if i tell a child, do not put your hand in the fire or you will get burned........and the child goes and does it anyway and gets burned, is it i that is punishing that child?
--------------------

I completely agree with this, and that applies to almost everything that goes wrong in the Earth. The Earth has a structure, and if you do things that are contrary, then you get the natural reaction to your action.

In regards to eating the fruit of knowledge of good and evil, I sight it more of a comparison to when parents tell the child to not touch a torch, rather than not touching the fire. Because the parents tell the children not to touch it until they have enough Knowledge and Iverstanding to handle the torch safely.

When judgement comes, Jah will give His people to eat of the Fruit of Life, but there is no mention of taking away the Knowledge of Good and evil, because all who are chosen already know of both, but only deal with Good.

I can't know for sure if Jah would have eventually given them the fruit if they heeded His guidance because they chose another path. But that is how I interpret what I know about that time. What I do know is that I and I presently have knowledge of both Good and evil, and the only way toward Jah is dealing with Good.

Bro Anbesa,

Enoch didn't compare the fruit of the Tree of Knowledge of Good and evil to grapes, he compared it to bunches of dates on a palm. He compared the fruit of the Tree of Life to bunches of grapes.

The reason I don't eat of the grape vine is not because of a comparison to the tree of knowledge of good and evil, I stay away from it because it brings down I and I Spiritual Powers.

One thing about Enoch's description of the fruit of the Tree of Life. I wonder why he never mentioned that it had twelve manner of fruits.

In the reasoning I quoted from earlier, I made mention of the nakedness and what I interpretation of it is.

Here is the reasoning.

------------------------
I think Revelation is the natural destination of a divided society, a society that doesn't see everything as One life.

In the beginning when Adam and Eve ate the fruit, they saw their nakedness and covered theirself with leaves. Jah, after seeing what they have chosen. Gave them their desire and gave them coats of skin to cover themselves.

I interpret this as Adam and Eve, bringing this concept of separation and division into their minds. Before this they only saw One, so they were One flesh, One life.

Genesis 2
24 Therefore shall a man leave his father and his mother, and shall cleave unto his wife: and they shall be one flesh.
25 And they were both naked, the man and his wife, and were not ashamed.

So I see the placing of the leaves as a representation of them putting up a "wall" between them, because they saw theirself as separate. So when Jah saw that this was what they desired, he granted them their wish and put the full clothing over them, which created a larger "wall", and an even furthur separation.

The reason why Jah told them that they would surely die if they ate of the fruit is because Jah knew that when the generations of Adam and Eve no longer saw eachother as One, they would kill eachother.

This mind concept of separation led to Cain killing Abel:

Genesis 4
8 And Cain talked with Abel his brother: and it came to pass, when they were in the field, that Cain rose up against Abel his brother, and slew him.
9 And the LORD said unto Cain, Where is Abel thy brother? And he said, I know not: Am I my brother's keeper?

The question Cain asked "Am I my brother's keeper?" represents the kind of separation that came into the minds of men. If Cain realized that they were One, he would have known that when he keeps his brother, he is keeping his self. But he didn't see his brother's life as his own, so he killed him.

In a world like this, things must come to an end. Because as time passes, people become more separate from eachother, and care less and less for the people in the world, even their family and friends.

So as we can see in the world, this leads to greed, where people try their hardest to take from others, and exploit others, so that they can gain their selfish desires. And the more time has passed, the worse man and woman has become. And the only way for someone to have more than their share, is to take from others. So the rich can't exist without the poor, because otherwise, who will do the work to make them so rich. They can't do all that work by themselves.

In a world like this, conflict will surely arise, and the power struggle will become more fierce. And it is not only the rich with this wicked mentality, but it is also much of the poor. The only difference is their positions. Many of the poor would do the same as the rich, if they figured out a way to be on top. Many accept that this is the way of the world, and they think that is what we must strive to be.

So if one goes up, another goes down, another goes up, so another goes down. As one learns a more wicked technique to rise, the other learns his technique and then makes it stronger so that he can rise higher. So they become more and more wicked, to out-wicked the other. Look at the armies of the world, and what evil they have created.

So Revelation shows the only destination of this kind of society. A house divided against itself will fall.
---------------------------

Ark I
RasTafarI
Haile Selassie I

Messenger: Ras KebreAB Sent: 1/17/2008 10:08:45 AM

Much thanks iyah, lovely reasoning

The i said,
"When judgement comes, Jah will give His people to eat of the Fruit of Life, but there is no mention of taking away the Knowledge of Good and evil, because all who are chosen already know of both, but only deal with Good."

That is what i was trying to say before, once mankind ate of the fruit, there was no turning back, he had to go through and experience both good and evil for he was cast out from where it was only light and good.
On that day, JAh will give Iverlasting Life to thos who have gone through good and evil and come out victorios on the side of Good Truth and Right

There was Good and Evil, Ini Choose Good

Rastafari Liveth

1 - 1011 - 2021 - 22

Return to Reasoning List

RastafarI

Haile Selassie I